5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this fit in console safe?

bigalf

Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to get a console safe. Not sure on brand but leaning towards locker down. I want to put my duty weapon and holster inside. I took a picture of how the gun sits without a safe, see the "max fill" as a reference. Do you guys with different console safes think they're deep enough to stow this? 20210214_224755.jpg

Attachments

• 20210214_224741.jpg
    20210214_224741.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210214_224750.jpg
    20210214_224750.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 69

Vincent r

Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to get a console safe. Not sure on brand but leaning towards locker down. I want to put my duty weapon and holster inside. I took a picture of how the gun sits without a safe, see the "max fill" as a reference. Do you guys with different console safes think they're deep enough to stow this? View attachment 82869
Yes

saylor

Reaction score
totally related question for us texans -

how do you like that sig v. a full size S&W MP? not the PoS shield version but the full size MP?

i find the trigger action is long on the 226

bigalf

Reaction score

how do you like that sig v. a full size S&W MP? not the PoS shield version but the full size MP?

I didn't pick it, but I would if I did. Not a fan if the M&P. We transitioned from the 229 in single double. 3 negligent discharges, including a guy who blew his ball off appendix carrying without a holster. I just want to keep the gun in my truck since I have a baby on the way. Just easier than having to access the gunvavukt each time.

Reverse

Reaction score
Would probably fit in a lockerdown or consolevault safe. I have the slightly smaller lockerdown (because of configuration of console in Limited), and it fits a VP9 in a minimal neoprene (trigger cover) holster.

Vincent r

Reaction score
That locker down one I could put any gun and my wife little purse no problem

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is a GROUP BUY on the Lock'erDown...the best vault on the market. See that thread for more information.

Last edited:

RSConsulting

Reaction score

Off topic quickly.

Sig makes a Short Reset Trigger (SRT) for the 226. https://www.sigsauer.com/short-reset-trigger-parts-kit-p226-p227-p229.html

Initial pull is still about the same length, but the reset is markedly shorter (hence SRT). Not sure if it would be permitted for an OD wep though - PD's tend to frown on modifications.

Rick

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a full size Sig P320 with the Romeo1 site and a SIG P365 and LOVE my guns. I prefer SIG's over S&W.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Taken from a post by @NorthStar. The TUFFY, MOPAR and STRONG BOX are crap with light gauge steel that can be easily pryed open. The Lock'er Down is the ONLY safe on the market that comes standard with a 12 GA plate and the option to add an additional 10 gauge plate to make it the most secure safe on the market.

Below are the various brands and their steel thickness:

Console Vault - 12
Lock'Er Down - 12 / 10 gauge option welded to the 12 GA plate so extremely heavy duty
Tuffy - 16
Mopar 82215519AC (Made by Tuffy) - 16
Strong Box - 16

Users who are viewing this thread