5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will not be owning a Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEVER AGAIN

Reaction score
I understand this study is done for the 2016 models but I can tell by reading the problems the 2019 Ram has been having and friends/family experiences, not much has changed. Toyota or GM for me.

Attachments

• JD Power.png
    JD Power.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 114
  • jp power.png
    jp power.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 114

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I understand this study is done for the 2016 models but I can tell by reading the problems the 2019 Ram has been having and friends/family experiences, not much has changed. Toyota or GM for me.

Why exactly did you feel the need to take time out of your day to post this? The majority of people on here already own Rams and most of them are not planning on changing teams.

All vehicles have problems and headaches, some more than others.... My wife gives me problems and headaches sometimes but im not about to switch teams.

NEVER AGAIN

Reaction score
Cool story bro, please keep us posted on whether you choose Friends or Seinfeld re-runs later today, and whether it's Taco Bell or Wendy's tomorrow!!
Haha, I don't eat that crap and I absolutely hate Sitcoms

klail

Reaction score
I traded in a 2016 Camry XLE Hybrid for my Ram and let me tell you that the build quality of the Toyota's just isn't there. From the start, I had creeks and rattles, the dealer would "fix" them but they would return, had battery issues not related to the hybrid system, road noise was crazy loud and the materials used were just not up to standard of other competing vehicles. This can be said of the 2009 Highlander that I had sans the creeks a rattles. That vehicle never developed rattles.
I am not trying to change your mind or anything, just sharing my ownership experience with the "Top of the line" Camry. All makes a models have goods and bads.
Mechanically for the Ram, there are warranty programs out there that can support me through 120k miles if anything were to happen. That is where I am offsetting my risk.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is an opinion piece thread, so hopefully you're here to discuss & educate

I've not kept much stock in JDP or any other sources which don't account for a multitude of variables which they don't generally account for - one of the biggest factors why Lexus, Porsche and Toyota are in the top 3 is that their owner base doesn't wrench - coupled with the top two being groups who have the dealer maintain everything.

I'm sure there's more to the story I don't know, but like someone posted up earlier, if you really care about JD Power, buy a Chevy apparently, they've won everything this year, more than toyota, more than yadda yadda and etc etc

j517

Reaction score
I owned 3 Ford (f---ed over rebuilt dodge) f250's 2010 6.4 diesel, 2012 and 2015, diesel, all fully loaded paid on average 50k. My 2010 didn't have any issues but like an idiot I let some piece of salesman talk me into trading up to a 2012. my 2012 had nothing but problems lemon law like an idiot i bought another one. it was in and out the shop, and almost out of warranty (extended warranty), i blew a line with the DEF system it would have been a 2k repair out of pocket. i got it back and went to dodge and drove out with a limited 2019 1500 limited.

i will never ever ever buy another ford in life. also thanx to the idiots in cali they have killed the diesels with their bs emission laws. so buddy go buy a chevy or toyota. I had a tacoma heavily modified and also a tundra.

Ram offered the best value for the money

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

klail

Reaction score
On the flip side, my dad has a 2014 Chevy 2500 with the duramax and he hasn't had a single issue and already has 95k miles on it. Drove a 98 Silverado before that to 180k miles. He takes care of his trucks so they last him. I have nothing against Ford, Chevy or Ram. Kinda sour about my previous Camry but not that big a deal. It is all user by user experiences. I hope my Ram doesn't prove me wrong but only time will tell. (y) Still absolutely love it in the moment!

Stasek

Reaction score
Not a Ram Owner (yet, at least), but here’s how I see it. The MOST reliable brand has an average of 1 problem per vehicle and the least reliable on has 2.5 problems per. Sure, we’re talking 150% more problems, but at the end of the day is 1.5 more problems THAT much more? And what kind of problems are we talking about? Since they don’t mention the severity of said problems, I’d gladly take 2.5 rattles over 1 oil leak (not saying that’s the case in this situation, but you get my point).
As I said, I’ve never owned anything FCA (currently have a Lexus, Toyota, Honda, and Mazda), but all my friends have had nothing but good luck with them. The days of utter garbage cars are hopefully behind us.

klail

Reaction score
Not a Ram Owner (yet, at least), but here’s how I see it. The MOST reliable brand has an average of 1 problem per vehicle and the least reliable on has 2.5 problems per. Sure, we’re talking 150% more problems, but at the end of the day is 1.5 more problems THAT much more? And what kind of problems are we talking about? Since they don’t mention the severity of said problems, I’d gladly take 2.5 rattles over 1 oil leak (not saying that’s the case in this situation, but you get my point).
As I said, I’ve never owned anything FCA (currently have a Lexus, Toyota, Honda, and Mazda), but all my friends have had nothing but good luck with them. The days of utter garbage cars are hopefully behind us.

I'm with you. Automakers cannot afford to have mass quality issue anymore. I just took my Ram in with 480 miles due to the sunroof drains not being installed correctly which let a little moisture in the cab. Severity on a scale of 1 - 10... 1 Was an easy fix but it was technically an issue as per this study. When I have my Camry, at 750 miles, it wouldn't start. Severity 6 since I couldn't use the vehicle.

geotex1

Reaction score
Folks, and especially OP, the best place for ANYTHING out of JD Power is on that little roller next to your toilets! Their work is ALWAYS fundamentally flawed because their sample sizes NEVER conform to any acceptable statistical evaluation practice to be representativr! What JD Power is really just very good at marketing thenselves and leading masses to believe they are influential and represent the consumer view. I can tell you as a manufacturer of products that are customer driven, we do not even give JD Power a glance for Voice of Customer.

Just look at home many people were surveyed, and then take a moment to Google total production for the model year from any single manufacturer and you will realize their data is meaningless.

Bleda2002

Reaction score
That's always been the wildly inaccuracies of the JDP report is that it's complaints, not severity. If 10% of a brands cars fail to start, they could be considered more reliable than a brand who has bad infotainment that gets more complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread