5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will car wash damage my 2020 ram 1500?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes I pay a couple people to wash the truck, they do a terrible job but who cares

Mod edit: While a great pic, it’s nsfw so it’s removed.
game-of-thrones-shame.gif

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Personally I believe it was a hate crime to remove the original photo. I'll be contacting the DOJ as this is an affront to the LGBTQ community

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure I agree with the NSFW opinion.
Always weird to me. "Work" is cool with someone browsing the Internet on the clock, but they draw the line at beach attire?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It can absolutely be on the site, but needs to be put in a section that’s known to be “nsfw”-fiendly.

Here’s a scenario:
Your female boss walks behind you while you are browsing the forum on your break (which is ok with company policy), interprets that image as you objectifying women, and raises a complaint with HR (or some other variation of whatever she is thinking in her mind). It’s best to not leave the door open for those problems.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ah, to counteract that I will objectify a man

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It can absolutely be on the site, but needs to be put in a section that’s known to be “nsfw”-fiendly.

Here’s a scenario:
Your female boss walks behind you while you are browsing the forum on your break (which is ok with company policy), interprets that image as you objectifying women, and raises a complaint with HR (or some other variation of whatever she is thinking in her mind). It’s best to not leave the door open for those problems.
The women in the photo were obviously objectifying the RAM.

It's one thing if you are the one sharing the picture, or have it as your desktop background, it's another if you are scrolling through and it pops up. No nudity, not an issue, nosey boss shouldn't be invading your personal privacy while on break, which is technically off the clock. And we shouldnt allow nudity here anyways.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The women in the photo were obviously objectifying the RAM.

It's one thing if you are the one sharing the picture, or have it as your desktop background, it's another if you are scrolling through and it pops up. No nudity, not an issue, nosey boss shouldn't be invading your personal privacy while on break, which is technically off the clock. And we shouldnt allow nudity here anyways.
If you have an issue, we have a section for you to express your frustration with me.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think people crawl around on the ground to wash their vehicles when it's warm out?

I don't know, I don't have all damn day to ponder such things. Tell me your thoughts.

And why are you crawling around on the ground to inspect your work anyway? Do you do that to check out how worthless that undercarriage wash was?

Nope I don't, I know it does a good enough job because I've been using the same wash for all of my trucks and they are all rust free and easy to work on underneath whenever needed. Proof is in the pudding.
Yes. You're acting like a child. And all because I made some inferences.

LOL, care to look in a mirror? Calling people lazy that you know nothing of their life, because they do something different than you? Then go ahead and make some "inferences" to take a more adult approach? I'm in my mid thirties, maybe I still have some growing up to do, I don't know how old you are or what your excuse is. Also hilarious being called lazy by someone who clearly has all the time in the world other than sleeping, and nice weather to boot. To me in those circumstances not hand washing your vehicle every day is lazy, you have all that time and opportunity so I am safe to assume you wash yours daily?

My ways do work for everyone. They just take a little more effort. Nothing wrong with not wanting to do that.

Nope they don't. Your wrong.

You sure do get worked up about how others spend their time. Maybe you should spend more time worrying about softball, and less about how much time I have.

Likewise! And not worked up, I have to be polite to a lot of people throughout my day, I don't mind at all having an opportunity to say what I want. Otherwise I would have said what I wanted and left it, but this is cathartic so let's keep it going!

Out of curiosity, what part of Ohio did you live in? Pretty big state weather wise.

Edit: Oh and don't wait up late worrying about me, after the day is over my lady and I have some special plans so I'll be skipping the forums tonight. Oh and taking the truck through the car wash this afternoon too, will let you guys know if the paint falls off 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, I don't have all damn day to ponder such things. Tell me your thoughts.
You have time to yammer on about car washes here, but not to think about how to spray water under a truck?
Nope I don't, I know it does a good enough job because I've been using the same wash for all of my trucks and they are all rust free and easy to work on underneath whenever needed. Proof is in the pudding.
Right, which I've said probably a dozen times now. It does an acceptable job for you. That doesn't mean it does a good job.

I've also said repeatedly that if there were an undercarriage only option, I'd probably use it. But, the rest of the crap isn't worth trashing my paint when I can just get a little cold and spray it in a bay.
LOL, care to look in a mirror? Calling people lazy that you know nothing of their life, because they do something different than you? Then go ahead and make some "inferences" to take a more adult approach? I'm in my mid thirties, maybe I still have some growing up to do, I don't know how old you are or what your excuse is. Also hilarious being called lazy by someone who clearly has all the time in the world other than sleeping, and nice weather to boot. To me in those circumstances not hand washing your vehicle every day is lazy, you have all that time and opportunity so I am safe to assume you wash yours daily?
I don't know what else to call it. You're "unwilling to work or use energy" to spray the undercarriage. Just using words at this point. Don't get offended by that.

And contradicting what you might believe, I do know what it's like to have little free time. I spent 10 years in the Marine Corps. I finished grad school while working a full-time, salaried position.
Nope they don't. Your wrong.
They do work. It's weird to argue that they don't.
Out of curiosity, what part of Ohio did you live in? Pretty big state weather wise.
Northeast. One of the coldest and snowiest parts of the state. We just recently had snow, and it's almost May.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And contradicting what you might believe, I do know what it's like to have little free time. I spent 10 years in the Marine Corps. I finished grad school while working a full-time, salaried position.
I did the same after the service, but for undergrad. I had a full-time union job that required me to go to apprenticeship school 2 nights per week (3 per week for the 1st 2 years). At the same time, I was taking college courses at night. It took me 7 years to get my undergrad, but I got it done.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did the same after the service, but for undergrad. I had a full-time union job that required me to go to apprenticeship school 2 nights per week (3 per week for the 1st 2 years). At the same time, I was taking college courses at night. It took me 7 years to get my undergrad, but I got it done.
Nice.

I finished up in just under 2 years. Lots of long nights and weekends. Still making that time up to my wife and glad my current job supports that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have an issue, we have a section for you to express your frustration with me.
Like I said, difference of opinion. The deed is already done. Carry on

ram042400

Reaction score
If you have power running boards DO NOT extend them down while in a car wash. At least not a moving carwash with a conveyer belt. Ask me how/why I know this.
Ripped my driver side board clean off. I was lucky enough to find a welder to reinstall it. Otherwise it was a $700 F up.
How did it rip the board off? I always deploy mine. Plus with the airbag suspension I raise it to the highest setting to better get to the underneath. Just curious what got caught to do that kind of damage in your scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread