5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why So Long To Remote Start?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It isn’t about how long it takes dude.. it is about why the 19-21 trucks take forever and 22+ are almost instant….
I had the app and start on my 22 ram and it would start from another state in less than 5 seconds every time. My 2021 ram takes 30-40 seconds… it’s ridiculous.
Reap, it's just crazy ridiculous right? I mean 30 seconds longer? After jacking around unlocking your phone, unlocking the app, scrolling to the start button and then having to wait 30 seconds for the truck that is so far away that you can't see it and have to hike out to it? Man it is just insane, I have to agree. I'm so glad I have a 21 and don't have this issue. I bet those Chicom kids making the chips got an extra bowl of rice for that inferior work too.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Reap, it's just crazy ridiculous right? I mean 30 seconds longer? After jacking around unlocking your phone, unlocking the app, scrolling to the start button and then having to wait 30 seconds for the truck that is so far away that you can't see it and have to hike out to it? Man it is just insane, I have to agree. I'm so glad I have a 21 and don't have this issue. I bet those Chicom kids making the chips got an extra bowl of rice for that inferior work too.
What are you not understanding bro? I work in a control room. I cannot leave unless the other shift guy is there. The control room is in the center of a steel roof and wall building( no service to start your vehicle with normal remote or any besides the cell phone or app style starters) I am give or take a 4 minute walk to vehicle. It isn’t about walking to the ****ing vehicle… it is about I can’t go to it until end of my shift. In MN winters when it’s -30 and ice and snow on the truck, I don’t want to work 12 hours then spend 10 minutes scraping ice and snow off the windshield. I want my truck warm to get off work and then get in my truck and go home.. so maybe keep your comments to yourself as you don’t seem To understand what I am saying.. in the end it works… I am
Just saying it’s weird that it takes 10x as long for truck to get signal and start vs the 2022+ trucks. That’s all I was saying.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What are you not understanding bro? I work in a control room. I cannot leave unless the other shift guy is there. The control room is in the center of a steel roof and wall building( no service to start your vehicle with normal remote or any besides the cell phone or app style starters) I am give or take a 4 minute walk to vehicle. It isn’t about walking to the ****ing vehicle… it is about I can’t go to it until end of my shift. In MN winters when it’s -30 and ice and snow on the truck, I don’t want to work 12 hours then spend 10 minutes scraping ice and snow off the windshield. I want my truck warm to get off work and then get in my truck and go home.. so maybe keep your comments to yourself as you don’t seem To understand what I am saying.. in the end it works… I am
Just saying it’s weird that it takes 10x as long for truck to get signal and start vs the 2022+ trucks. That’s all I was saying.
Whooaaah.......... We're all fellow Ram owners here. We have a ridiculously tight community. Take 30 seconds or so and think happy thoughts, the warm cozy truck you will soon climb into, a warm tropical oasis in the fridgid arctic hell that you endure. Grab a nice hot cup of coco and relax after your long strenuous day.

serenity-now.gif

Users who are viewing this thread