5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do they insist on 22” rims on limited?

Mirowpl

Reaction score
If you bought a limited and you can't afford rims and tires you might of purchased the wrong truck no offense.
No offense taken you make a valid point. But I don’t want to debate finances. Just know this new old stock was discounted by 21k off msrp of $76k and then I received full KBB retail value on mt paid for 2020 big horn. My net cost was $24k. I this that is pretty damn cheap to upgrade from a 2020 bighorn with cloth seats to a new limited. I watch my dollars closely.

I also like your idea about selling the rims, so I might think about that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
No offense taken you make a valid point. But I don’t want to debate finances. Just know this new old stock was discounted by 21k off msrp of $76k and then I received full KBB retail value on mt paid for 2020 big horn. My net cost was $24k. I this that is pretty damn cheap to upgrade from a 2020 bighorn with cloth seats to a new limited. I watch my dollars closely.

I also like your idea about selling the rims, so I might think about that.
Should be able to get 1200 easy for the rims/tires for a Limited unless it's doesn't have Perallis, then around 1k imo. Depends where you are too since it's too expensive to ship. Depending what you want to get might even be an even swap, or hell there are people swapping their 20s for your 22s if you look around.
I've been looking for a spare set of 22s for 1k but no one is selling them in the northeast.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be able to get 1200 easy for the rims/tires for a Limited unless it's doesn't have Perallis, then around 1k imo. Depends where you are too since it's too expensive to ship. Depending what you want to get might even be an even swap, or hell there are people swapping their 20s for your 22s if you look around.
I've been looking for a spare set of 22s for 1k but no one is selling them in the northeast.
Yep, if he posts up on Marketplace he'll surely get a someone to trade or buy his in no time.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Unfortunately I live in a very rural area. So unlikely to sell locally

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Currently looking to purchase a new truck in the next 2 weeks. Why does limited trim force you to get 22” rims!? What (if anything) is the benefit? I don’t get it - is it simply for the aesthetics?
Don’t know what all this crying is about😂😂 When I bought my limited in 2019, 20 & 22 inch wheels were available. Appears that both 20 & 22 inch wheels have been an option for every model year, including 2024 & 2025. I chose the 22’s for two reasons; Best looking wheel Ram has ever put on their trucks (in my opinion) and I also love the tight, sporty steering feedback they provide in the turns. So glad we have options😉😎

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don’t know what all this crying is about😂😂 When I bought my limited in 2019, 20 & 22 inch wheels were available. Appears that both 20 & 22 inch wheels have been an option for every model year, including 2024 & 2025. I chose the 22’s for two reasons; Best looking wheel Ram has ever put on their trucks (in my opinion) and I also love the tight, sporty steering feedback they provide in the turns. So glad we have options😉😎
You can only get the 20s if you get a base limited. As soon as you pick basicly any package it puts you in 22s as a forced option. It's clearly shown on the website builder, for years.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can only get the 20s if you get a base limited. As soon as you pick basicly any package it puts you in 22s as a forced option. It's clearly shown on the website builder, for years.
You're mistaken, at least for '24 and '25 models.. The package that gives you 22's on the Limited is the Night Edition. As long as you avoid that you can get 20's.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're mistaken, at least for '24 and '25 models.. The package that gives you 22's on the Limited is the Night Edition. As long as you avoid that you can get 20's.

Correct, every option package I tried, except for Night Edition, left the standard 20 inch wheels remain.

I think most dealers are just ordering them with the 22 inch wheels. Most dealers in my area also seem to order every limited with a sun roof. I had to shop many dealers before finding one that hated sun roofs as much as I do. I would have preferred the 20 or 18 inch wheels, but the 22's were not a show stopper like a sun roof.

rick619

Reaction score
So if I don’t want to change the rims from the 22 inch, what would be a better tire to place on those ? Is there a 22 inch tire that has more sidewall? New rims plus new tires prices me out of my $ range.

Also keep in mind that the same size tires in a 20" are less expensive than a 22". So you get some of your money back every time you buy tires.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score

I think you’re wrong. When I purchased my fully loaded limited in 2019, 22” wheels and panoramic sunroof were “options”.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think you’re wrong. When I purchased my fully loaded limited in 2019, 22” wheels and panoramic sunroof were “options”.
Sunroof was an option. Rims get forced if you do night edition or sport edition, but those packages aren't focused on wheels.
They also forced a soft tri-fold if you had Raamboxes.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Sunroof was an option. Rims get forced if you do night edition or sport edition, but those packages aren't focused on wheels.
They also forced a soft tri-fold if you had Raamboxes.

OP never mentioned anything about “packages”. (Read post #1). My 2019 limited had the choice of 20” or 22” inch wheels and it was not a base limited. It was fully optioned, including sunroof, 33 gal tank, and 3:92 gears. Every model year from 2019 to present allowed 20” wheels as a choice on a Limited trim, regardless of the options.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
OP never mentioned anything about “packages”. (Read post #1). My 2019 limited had the choice of 20” or 22” inch wheels and it was not a base limited. It was fully optioned, including sunroof, 33 gal tank, and 3:92 gears. Every model year from 2019 to present allowed 20” wheels as a choice on a Limited trim, regardless of the options.
You don't get a choice of 20s or 22s on a Limited. Either you have a package that forces you into 22 or you do not. They are not an option like the sunroof or 33 gallon tank were.
Saying you can get 20 as an option is incorrect, there was no option, it was a lack of a appearance package that would give you 29s. Once you added one of the 2 packages you were forced to 22s.
Good luck finding a Limited for sale without one of those package, would be silly for the dealership to order that config.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You don't get a choice of 20s or 22s on a Limited. Either you have a package that forces you into 22 or you do not. They are not an option like the sunroof or 33 gallon tank were.
Saying you can get 20 as an option is incorrect, there was no option, it was a lack of a appearance package that would give you 29s. Once you added one of the 2 packages you were forced to 22s.
Good luck finding a Limited for sale without one of those package, would be silly for the dealership to order that config.

You're wrong, 22's were an option when I bought as well, they weren't part of level one options. They may have been included in night edition package but they were an option on level 1 and base limited

Screenshot 2024-05-06 104010.png

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
not quite true, I have a 25 limited ordered with level 1, orp, tow pack, pano etc and its coming with 20s

rick619

Reaction score
The point is that most have the 22's. You'd have to look really hard to find one that doesn't have them. It's not like you're going to walk into the dealer for one that has 22's and have them ask you if you'd rather have the 20's. You might be able to choose if you custom order it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You're wrong, 22's were an option when I bought as well, they weren't part of level one options. They may have been included in night edition package but they were an option on level 1 and base limited
The Night Edition was first available on the Limited for the 2021 model year. Our 2020 has the Blackout package, which was the closest thing to the Night Edition at the time. The Blackout option automatically gave you the black 22's.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

View attachment 182670
As I said it's not an option if you choose 1 of the 2 appearance packages that pretty much every Limited has.
I have the night edition, and my rims aren't even black like my truck, but they forced the color and size on me.
I would of rather kept 20s, or even choose 18s.
I wanted my truck blacked out with body color panels and the sports hood and radio, so I was forced to take the night edition which as I said, forces 22s. You can't remove it as an option.
Same problem with the trifold. I was forced into the trifold which gives me black rails on a Rambox bed, which means I had to REMOVE the black rails and BUY my own SIVLER rails to even be able to get a real cover. Without the OEM soft tri-fold you get silver rails when you can use to mount a regular cover.
Maybe this has changed depending on the year but for my year it was forced if I wanted the features offered not counting the rims
1715018942000.png

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As I said it's not an option if you choose 1 of the 2 appearance packages that pretty much every Limited has.
I have the night edition, and my rims aren't even black like my truck, but they forced the color and size on me.
I would of rather kept 20s, or even choose 18s.
I wanted my truck blacked out with body color panels and the sports hood and radio, so I was forced to take the night edition which as I said, forces 22s. You can't remove it as an option.
Same problem with the trifold. I was forced into the trifold which gives me black rails on a Rambox bed, which means I had to REMOVE the black rails and BUY my own SIVLER rails to even be able to get a real cover. Without the OEM soft tri-fold you get silver rails when you can use to mount a regular cover.
Maybe this has changed depending on the year but for my year it was forced if I wanted the features offered not counting the rims
View attachment 182673

Except thats not what youve been saying

Users who are viewing this thread