5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do they insist on 22” rims on limited?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Except thats not what youve been saying
I can get a loaded Limited with night edition without the sunroof, ie it's an option.
I can't get a loaded Limited with night edition without 22s, it's not an option.
Am I stretching the meaning of what an optional item is?

Even right now on the website for 2025s if you get the night edition YOU CAN'T OPTION TO HAVE 20 INCH WHEELS.
You lose a ton of features if you don't allow the night edition to stay even stuff taken for granted on a Limited such as power folding mirrors, auto dimming side view mirrors, sports hood, etc.

1715023813859.png
1715023829011.png
1715023864465.png

Sunroof is an option and I can add or remove it no matter what else I have selected.
1715023945239.png

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can get a loaded Limited with night edition without the sunroof, ie it's an option.
I can't get a loaded Limited with night edition without 22s, it's not an option.
Am I stretching the meaning of what an optional item is?

Even right now on the website for 2025s if you get the night edition YOU CAN'T OPTION TO HAVE 20 INCH WHEELS.
You lose a ton of features if you don't allow the night edition to stay even stuff taken for granted on a Limited such as power folding mirrors, auto dimming side view mirrors, sports hood, etc.

View attachment 182687
View attachment 182688
View attachment 182689

Sunroof is an option and I can add or remove it no matter what else I have selected.
View attachment 182690

22" wheels are part of the NE package, we all already know that. Thats not what youve been saying but whatever

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
22" wheels are part of the NE package, we all already know that. Thats not what youve been saying but whatever
I responded to this comment
OP never mentioned anything about “packages”. (Read post #1). My 2019 limited had the choice of 20” or 22” inch wheels and it was not a base limited. It was fully optioned, including sunroof, 33 gal tank, and 3:92 gears. Every model year from 2019 to present allowed 20” wheels as a choice on a Limited trim, regardless of the options.
Which is incorrect...
They are not an option that you can just toggle like the other options that were posted.

Looks like the sports edition package is no longer offered either when I looked on Ram's website. It also forced 22s, but the other color ones.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
I responded to this comment

Which is incorrect...
They are not an option that you can just toggle like the other options that were posted.

Looks like the sports edition package is no longer offered either when I looked on Ram's website. It also forced 22s, but the other color ones.

Sorry sir, you are still wrong. Either you don’t understand English or just like playing word semantics when you know you’re wrong. Just be an adult and admit you mispoke 😂😂😂

My words that you highlighted in bold are absolutely 100% true! You brought in the word “packages”, that I did not state, nor did the OP! No one is talking about “packages”. Sure, there are some “packages” that force the 22” wheels. But Every model year from 2019 to present allowed 20” wheels as a choice on a “Limited trim”, regardless of the “options”…. Not “packages”.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry sir, you are still wrong. Either you don’t understand English or just like playing word semantics when you know you’re wrong. Just be an adult and admit you mispoke 😂😂😂

My words that you highlighted in bold are absolutely 100% true! You brought in the word “packages”, that I did not state, nor did the OP! No one is talking about “packages”. Sure, there are some “packages” that force the 22” wheels. But Every model year from 2019 to present allowed 20” wheels as a choice on a “Limited trim”, regardless of the “options”…. Not “packages”.
So a package is not an option?
This is what Oxford says an option is
1715030636783.png

I can't choose 20 inch wheels if I get other "packages" or "options" therefore I say that 20 inch wheels are not an option as it may not be chosen at will.

I will admit that 20 inch rims on a Limited are STANDARD and were overridden by various packages over the 5th gen year.
Once you want the items in said package the only OPTION is to accept the 22 inch wheels as you can't remove the 22 inch rim "option" as there is no "option" as it's tied into the base config and once you add spots or night edition packages you can no longer remove it, thus it's not an "option" because I may not choose to refuse the 22 inch wheels on it's own.

Users who are viewing this thread