5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can we not activate a HotSpot Plan

RTRAMNV

Reaction score
I have a ‘19 and I can’t activate it either so I think Ram/AT&T have an activation issue in general. I am of the understanding this started happening in December and last update is that it would be resolved in May. Happy July 1st everyone.
It's looking like it is a RAM/AT&T issue yet to be resolved. Mine stopped working and AT&T stopped charging me. I went to re-subscribe and it says my 2019 1500 is not compatible but to buy a Harmon Spark which I have no interest in doing. I was never impressed with the WiFI capability and reliability but something is better than nothing.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3 months / 3 GB from AT&T. YES, you have to activate it.

Weather and Traffic varies by model of the radio, and model year.

Connected Car subscription would have to be activated as well (dealer did mine), but they will not activate a hotspot thru AT&T.

The 22's have some activation issues with the hotspot at the moment.

Attachments

• Clipboard01wifi.jpg
    Clipboard01wifi.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 35

tdager

Reaction score
I called AT&T yesterday as my 2019 stopped having working WiFi in the somewhat recent past.

Direct from them, my truck and many/most with UConnect 4 have an issue where the module that provides WiFi can no longer connect to the towers due to a change ATT has made. they are working on it and expect a fix by the end of this month.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I called AT&T yesterday as my 2019 stopped having working WiFi in the somewhat recent past.

Direct from them, my truck and many/most with UConnect 4 have an issue where the module that provides WiFi can no longer connect to the towers due to a change ATT has made. they are working on it and expect a fix by the end of this month.
UCONNECT 5 has the same issues. I left a very long post somewhere else in the forum about what I'd been thru.
I never renewed it after the trial, as my phone has 30GB of hotspot.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Ironically, my 2023 activated perfectly. (was working 5 minutes after activation . . . . no errors of any kind)

Must have been a bad batch of IMEI's not transmitted from FCA to AT&T in the earlier instances.

RamCares

Reaction score
Still not working as of today 6/7/23 🙄. Same responses from Ram/Uconnect/AT&T as a year ago

Hi Maydenhiller,

Have you received the latest software version to your Uconnect system? We're advised the 40.1 version is needed to restore/sign-up for Hotspot services. Feel welcome to send our team a PM to assist with looking over your vehicle information and suggested steps for you.

Steph
Ram Cares

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Hi Maydenhiller,

Have you received the latest software version to your Uconnect system? We're advised the 40.1 version is needed to restore/sign-up for Hotspot services. Feel welcome to send our team a PM to assist with looking over your vehicle information and suggested steps for you.

Steph
Ram Cares
What version of UC are you referring to for version 40.1?

Jimbo2032

Reaction score
Hi Maydenhiller,

Steph
Ram Cares
Will upgrading to version 40.1 without dealer assistance cause any warranty issues?

I'm sure I can update it on my own having done similar things in the past, but I'm still within the warranty period on my 2020 Limited and don't want to run afoul of the warranty agreement.

Users who are viewing this thread