5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can we not activate a HotSpot Plan

U

User_3336

I’m not saying I don’t believe you. I certainly believe someone would say that at AT&T. I’m just saying I have had it activated before so I think AT&T would have some record of it but I also am not able to activate new service (again).
Maybe they just don't want FCA users on the network!!! They contract with EVERY manufacturer now for connected car. No issues with 2 Nissan's we previously had.

Strange that "connected services" still work thru AT&T

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So we’re supposed to get a free trial period for WIFI hotspot in our trucks at purchase correct?

Is this connection needed for Weather & Traffic? Doesn’t work on mine.

So far my hotspot hasn’t worked since day one. Does this need to be activated? If so wish it was done the day I picked up my truck like everything else was when my salesman went over everything.

U

User_3336

So we’re supposed to get a free trial period for WIFI hotspot in our trucks at purchase correct?

Is this connection needed for Weather & Traffic? Doesn’t work on mine.

So far my hotspot hasn’t worked since day one. Does this need to be activated? If so wish it was done the day I picked up my truck like everything else was when my salesman went over everything.
3 months / 3 GB from AT&T. YES, you have to activate it.

Weather and Traffic varies by model of the radio, and model year.

Connected Car subscription would have to be activated as well (dealer did mine), but they will not activate a hotspot thru AT&T.

The 22's have some activation issues with the hotspot at the moment.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score

I have a ‘19 and I can’t activate it either so I think Ram/AT&T have an activation issue in general. I am of the understanding this started happening in December and last update is that it would be resolved in May. Happy July 1st everyone.

U

User_3336

I have a ‘19 and I can’t activate it either so I think Ram/AT&T have an activation issue in general. I am of the understanding this started happening in December and last update is that it would be resolved in May. Happy July 1st everyone.
I've made multiple posts about the issues. Read back.
Is this the FIRST activation attempt or a RE-ACTIVATION attempt after a trial expired/etc.?

Dewey

Reaction score
3 months / 3 GB from AT&T. YES, you have to activate it.

Weather and Traffic varies by model of the radio, and model year.

Connected Car subscription would have to be activated as well (dealer did mine), but they will not activate a hotspot thru AT&T.

Done. Thanks for the link.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I've made multiple posts about the issues. Read back.
Is this the FIRST activation attempt or a RE-ACTIVATION attempt after a trial expired/etc.?

Re-activation after having service for about a year but cancelling when my truck just sat in the driveway during Covid.

Dewey

Reaction score
Yes. Using it right now.👍🏻
Scratch that. Worked for a bit but then kept kicking out. Seems like it has something to do with Carplay since it gives a message asking to deactivate Carplay to use. When I do that WIFI kicks out and Carplay stays connected.😡

I’ll have to mess around with it more this weekend when I have more time.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Scratch that. Worked for a bit but then kept kicking out. Seems like it has something to do with Carplay since it gives a message asking to deactivate Carplay to use. When I do that WIFI kicks out and Carplay stays connected.

I’ll have to mess around with it more this weekend when I have more time.

If you are trying it on your phone and using wireless CarPlay I think your phone won’t like it. CarPlay establishes a connection on Bluetooth and then transfers to a peer to peer WiFi connection. This will interrupt any existing Wi-Fi connections you have.

Dewey

Reaction score
If you are trying it on your phone and using wireless CarPlay I think your phone won’t like it. CarPlay establishes a connection on Bluetooth and then transfers to a peer to peer WiFi connection. This will interrupt any existing Wi-Fi connections you have.
Seems like the problem. I will try with my laptop.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Its in THIS thread. There are only 30 posts.

Oh. I read everyone I started this thread.

I thought about calling AT&T and just giving them the IMEI info and such. Just haven’t gotten around to that yet. Been using a work Hotspot for now.

U

User_3336

Oh. I read everyone I started this thread.

I thought about calling AT&T and just giving them the IMEI info and such. Just haven’t gotten around to that yet. Been using a work Hotspot for now.
How did you obtain the IMEI from the hotspot in your truck?

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
How did you obtain the IMEI from the hotspot in your truck?

I have the 8 inch screen and you can get it from holding a finger in the two bottom corners for like 7 seconds. It goes into dealer mode.

U

User_3336

19 with Nav
That "dealer mode" sequence does not work on a 22 model year. There is no other way of obtaining that info other than going to the dealer. Guess FCA doesn't want people nosing around in those screens anymore,.

Users who are viewing this thread