5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are Limited and Longhorns city trucks?

jk15

Reaction score
You're right, no such thing as one last question. I have two more.

What do people think of the motorized running boards? I have heard of awful experiences with them on Jeeps (rust, clogging with mud) to the extent that they cease to function. Any concerns here? I would rather do without running boards but it's not an option with the shorter, better half in the house. And with the better equipment package, I don't believe you can select a fixed board.

When will ARE have fiberglass caps for the 2019 1500s?

Thanks.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

What do people think of the motorized running boards? I have heard of awful experiences with them on Jeeps (rust, clogging with mud) to the extent that they cease to function. Any concerns here? I would rather do without running boards but it's not an option with the shorter, better half in the house. And with the better equipment package, I don't believe you can select a fixed board.

Thanks.

First vehicle I've had with the power running boards and so far I love them...course I really won't know until winter gets here.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks.

I've had 5 vehicles with them. Never have any problems. I won't buy a truck or Jeep without them. Yes, my jeep JK has them.

justintx

Reaction score
My 08 Avalanche had them. Honestly, when I bought it I thought to my self "Those things aren't gonna last 2 yrs before they start having issues"... had the truck 10 years and not one issue with them. Now my Limited has them and I'm hoping for the same kind of reliability.

CMENT

Reaction score
Another option of a good load range E is Cooper Discoverer AT3. I went with 285/55R20. Havent had to put any air in them in 35,000 miles. Tread is a little under 50%

I am a huge Cooper fan, but I am going to hold off until I see how these Falkens do in winter and on the forest roads while hunting.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had 5 vehicles with them. Never have any problems. I won't buy a truck or Jeep without them. Yes, my jeep JK has them.

I live in Anchorage Alaska and my 2016 Ford F150 had power running boards and I never had one issue with them through our harsh winters. You have the option to lock them in place too.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I am a huge Cooper fan, but I am going to hold off until I see how these Falkens do in winter and on the forest roads while hunting.

Be sure to report back. I'm in the middle deciding between Cooper AT3s and the Falken AT3Ws on my new truck. I like the look of the Falkens and they've been fine on our durango but had great experience with my previous Coopers. Price looks to favor the Falkens, but weight looks to favor the Coopers. .

jk15

Reaction score
Update: purchased and received a 2019 1500 Limited with off road package and level one equipment group. Upgraded the tires to BFG All Terrain TA KO2 in 265 60 20 with a spare at 265 70 18. Figment is good. Added an ARE MX cap. Love the truck except for the gas mileage. With the cap and tires, averaging 16 mpg.

Chris

Reaction score
Update: purchased and received a 2019 1500 Limited with off road package and level one equipment group. Upgraded the tires to BFG All Terrain TA KO2 in 265 60 20 with a spare at 265 70 18. Figment is good. Added an ARE MX cap. Love the truck except for the gas mileage. With the cap and tires, averaging 16 mpg.
Lol, your KO2 All-Terrains on 20" tires are doing better than my stock H/T (highway rated for better MPG) All-Seasons on 18" tires (I am struggling to get 15 MPG). You should appreciate that kind of MPG in the heavy Limited with A/T Tires.

Users who are viewing this thread