5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Leases? Who Purchased?

louscrw

Reaction score
Purchased. (As mentioned by another member earlier, my wide drives BMWs...we lease those)

21 Limited Night Edition
Sticker: $74K
Agreed price: $65.5K
Trade-in equity: $7K
Taxes, prepaid maintenance, fees, etc.: approx $3.6K
0% for 72 mo: $863/mo

badvik

Reaction score
There are only two trucks I found (one in Jax, FL and the other is in Kernersville, NC) and I'm trying to negotiate a remote deal right now for a lease or 0% APR deal and it makes me so-o-o-o upset. The managers and the entire buying process are so overcomplicated, I can't get real numbers since Tuesday and I'm the one who is ready to buy it right now. All those foggy explanations and numbers on a calculator along with "so what, are we making a deal"? How can I make a deal, if I haven't seen the numbers yet? They have my ZIP, they sell hundreds of trucks monthly, how in the universe they don't know or want to say the numbers? This is my second buy of a vehicle and I'm so frustrated. I contacted some dealers mentioned here but no one has I'm looking for, unfortunately.

1500 Laramie, MSRP $67.7, negotiated to $59-60, NY taxes, $4k down and they offer "around" $670-680 for 36/mo, 15k mi/year. Which, I think, is high
My own rough calculation is $59k sell price * 40% =$23.6 + 10% taxes and fees = $26.5 - $4 down = $22.5k / 36 = $630

Last edited:

louscrw

Reaction score
There are only two trucks I found (one in Jax, FL and the other is in Kernersville, NC) and I'm trying to negotiate a remote deal right now for a lease or 0% APR deal and it makes me so-o-o-o upset. The managers and the entire buying process are so overcomplicated, I can't get real numbers since Tuesday and I'm the one who is ready to buy it right now. All those foggy explanations and numbers on a calculator along with "so what, are we making a deal"? How can I make a deal, if I haven't seen the numbers yet? They have my ZIP, they sell hundreds of trucks monthly, how in the universe they don't know or want to say the numbers? This is my second buy of a vehicle and I'm so frustrated. I contacted some dealers mentioned here but no one has I'm looking for, unfortunately.

1500 Laramie, MSRP $67.7, negotiated to $59-60, NY taxes, $4k down and they offer "around" $670-680 for 36/mo, 15k mi/year. Which, I think, is high
My own rough calculation is $59k sell price * 40% =$23.6 + 10% taxes and fees = $26.5 - $4 down = $22.5k / 36 = $630
Do you use the leasehackr calculator? https://leasehackr.com/calculator

doolin64

Reaction score
I can't lease...I leased a 2018 Audi A4 and it felt like a death sentence. Not the car. Just the lease. I traded that car (with 9 months left on the lease) and my 2020 Gladiator to buy my '21 Ram. I've only owned one car in my life for 5 years...ok 4 years 11 months. All the rest have been 7-15 months. Yes...I have an issue, my wife reminds me all the time. I just can't commit to car for that long and feel like have no way out. It's purchase for me. If I can't afford the payment, I shouldn't be driving it. I'm not anti lease. It's a great option for people. It's a mental thing for me. LOL

abbthe1

Reaction score

Bad deal. Never put any money down on a lease. Go for 1% rule, your payment should be around $680 per month with NY taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackgtprix

Reaction score

That seems way too high for a laramie. In November I was quoted a laramie night,$65k msrp, for 1k down $425 a month. That's with employee pricing, but without it the truck would still be low 500 a month.

flameredram

Reaction score
Purchased. 2020 RAM 1500 Sport Crew Cab (in Canada)

MSRP: CAD$67,000
Discounted Price (Summer 2020): CAD$ 56,600
Trade-In Allowance('17 Challenger Scat Pack): -CAD$36,000
Paid Cash: CAD$25,400, no financing

SLH2020

Reaction score
Purchased 2020 Limited.

MSRP: $66,090
Out the Door: $52,000
Payments: $639.00

redneck

Reaction score
i always pay cash i did the math on my 2017 gmc denali from what i paid for it to what i sold it for divided the difference by 48 months the length i owned it =$395 pr month

Drew87

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That seems way too high for a laramie. In November I was quoted a laramie night,$65k msrp, for 1k down $425 a month. That's with employee pricing, but without it the truck would still be low 500 a month.
Where there a lot more incentives than now? Best I have received in $604 a month on a $66k msrp. 36/12

SLH2020

Reaction score
Can you give the breakdown? Did you put money down?
I did. $10k plus they gave me $4k for my 2008 Silverado. There was an incentive for switching from Chevy to Ram, forgot how much. I think 1k. Plus dealer incentives, ect.

OtterRam

Reaction score
Where there a lot more incentives than now? Best I have received in $604 a month on a $66k msrp. 36/12

Where I live the manufacture rebates were higher and the MF was lower in November compared to now. This month they seemed to have lowered the lease rebates and raised the Money Factor for some reason.

Looks like BigHorns are still being offered for decent lease rebates and low interest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adkram

Reaction score
This was my first ever truck so I leased it figuring easy give back at the end if I hated it. I did a "one pay lease" so wrote a check up front for all the lease payments to make it as cheap as possible. Turns out I love the truck and already have 40k miles on it with a 30k lease....so I'll be buying it out unless I get a crazy offer from Ram which I wouldn't expect - it will have 50k miles easy by the end. Truck is a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

SLH2020

Reaction score
This was my first ever truck so I leased it figuring easy give back at the end if I hated it. I did a "one pay lease" so wrote a check up front for all the lease payments to make it as cheap as possible. Turns out I love the truck and already have 40k miles on it with a 30k lease....so I'll be buying it out unless I get a crazy offer from Ram which I wouldn't expect - it will have 50k miles easy by the end. Truck is a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.
Watch that mileage...they're gonna kill ya at the end of the lease with over-mileage charges!

834k3r

Reaction score
Purchase
2021 1500 Laramie
$61ishK sticker
$56ishK OTD (incl TTL)
50% down, 0% for 72 months

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can trade it in at any time like any other vehicle. Since you paid the whole lease up front you don't have to worry about carrying over any negative equity if the residual is higher than the trade value.

We did this with a Hyundai several years ago. We were over miles, so we traded it in on a Ford Edge and carried $3k negative equity into the new loan because the residual was more than the trade value.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score

Hey what part of NY are you. I am on Long Island and just got a deal that you might be interested in. I built my truck and ordered exactly what I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread