5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Leases? Who Purchased?

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was curious who leased their Ram 1500? How much are your payments? How many miles? versus How many purchased? How much are your payments?

I purchased my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport Crew Cab 4x4 (our long-term test truck on 5thGenRams) back in April 2019. Payments are $720/mo

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I leased my 2019 Ram Hemi Crew cab 4x4 Big Horn in June of 2019. I leased that one because at the time I only put 5-6k miles a year on my truck and had been switching trucks every couple years. The MSRP on that one was about 52k if I remember correctly. I did a 0 down 36 month lease at 10k miles a year and my payments were $435. I traded that one in on my current Ecodiesel. Got out of it with nothing owed.

My current 2020 Ecodiesel I also leased because I wanted an out if I ended up having trouble with it. If it is trouble free I intend to buy it. I also did a 0 down lease at 36 months and 10k miles a year. The MSRP on this one was 57k and my payments are $595

Also a caveat to all of this, I get a car allowance through work that makes my truck payment for me. I wouldn’t be doing this if I didn’t have that.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchased. 47k for 36 months, 0% interest. Payments are like $1230 a month. I was planning on paying 1300-1500/mo anyway if I couldn't get a 0% loan so the payment was budgeted for. I don't lease vehicles as I don't plan on trading out of them within 100k miles (8-10 years). My last truck was 12 years, my wife's cars have been 6+ years each and only traded because of space for more kids.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I purchased. Between trade in and a healthy deposit, my payments are $300 a month. I could have paid cash (so it's not a real liability for me), I just prefer to have low monthly payments in case my job goes south.

Jeff B

Reaction score
Purchased my 2020 Bighorn crew cab, after a decent cash deposit and owning the 2016 Chevy i traded my payment is 325 for 5 years.

Majortom

Reaction score
I purchased. I paid cash out right on New Year’s Eve from a dealer 150 miles away that hadn’t made quota. I set aside $500 each month for *future* purchases and post warranty repairs or damage. Last truck I bought was in 2001 and sold that one above list value.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We ordered my Longhorn in May 2018 and took delivery that September. At the time, we put $15K down on the purchase ($5K on a credit card for airline miles and the rest cash). We opted to finance with a credit union at 3.24% for 60 months ($909/month).

We were fortunate enough to have had the option to pay cash for it, but we opted to aggressively pay down our mortgage instead.

We’ve just passed 15K miles on the Ram, have 33 months of payments remaining (if we don’t prepay), and have a Lifetime MaxCare warranty in place...should we decide to keep it long-term. The truck still looks and drives like new.

Apettit13

Reaction score
I leased my 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn (Level 2 Group). I had intentions on buying, but also have intentions of keeping this truck for the next 10 years. I’m a business owner so I can use a lease as a 100% tax write off. I put 3K down and pay $462 a month, MSRP was about 54k. It’s 10000 miles a year, but I’m not concerned as I will be buying out the truck at the end of my 3 year lease.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I purchased. Financed $45,655 at 2.29% for 60 months. Pay $806/month.

BoDarville

Reaction score
I leased mine. 36 months at $419+tax, $0 down (just first month and license up front), 15k miles a year. This is the first time I've leased, but the math just works out really well on this deal and I've never kept a vehicle more than 3 years anyway. That said, there's a good chance I'll buy this at the end. With a $32k buyout, I should be in a really good position even if I just want to flip it and lease another one.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was curious who leased their Ram 1500? How much are your payments? How many miles? versus How many purchased? How much are your payments?

I purchased my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport Crew Cab 4x4 (our long-term test truck on 5thGenRams) back in April 2019. Payments are $720/mo
I should've leased honestly. I had a Ford Edge that was depreciating fast as hell so it was like negative $9K equity...$3k down so I'm at $500/month for 60 months lol. I couldn't believe how fast crossover vehicles depreciate...smh.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I leased mine. 36 months at $419+tax, $0 down (just first month and license up front), 15k miles a year. This is the first time I've leased, but the math just works out really well on this deal and I've never kept a vehicle more than 3 years anyway. That said, there's a good chance I'll buy this at the end. With a $32k buyout, I should be in a really good position even if I just want to flip it and lease another one.
damn I got murded on my lease. I pay 760 that does include 12 months that I had left on my Jeep GC. my Ram had a 60K MSRP I didn't put anything down. Working on building my credit. Hoping for better terms next go round.

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

I spent a chunk of a sizeable inheritance and bought my truck outright.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leased my Big Horn. (See sig for options)
- $46425 sticker
- zero out of pocket, no trade
- 10k mi/yr
- 24 mo
- $169/mo (includes all taxes/etc)

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Purchased Rebel
- $52,000 sticker / Paid $39,000 before taxes & fees
- Zero down, zero trade

Currently truck is worth about $45,000, currently owe $35,000. Which means I'm already $10,000 in the black after only 15 months of payments.

Luckily I got my RAM during FCA's 25% off promotions while they were trying to outsell the Silverado. But even without that, just normal discounts, I would still be in the black at this point due to just terrific resale of large trucks and the current resale market.

BNeal

Reaction score
After leasing my last 3 BMW's, I decided to purchase my Ram, as I will likely be putting on enough miles to make the lease option a bad idea. Besides, I'm 64 and will probably be keeping this truck for the long haul, thus I went all out with a fully loaded '21 Limited. Leasing is fine until you want to buy - nothing to trade. I coughed up $15K to put down, got 0%/60, paid invoice for it, and my payments are still $1000/month. But I love this frickin' truck!

SD Rebel

Reaction score
After leasing my last 3 BMW's, I decided to purchase my Ram, as I will likely be putting on enough miles to make the lease option a bad idea. Besides, I'm 64 and will probably be keeping this truck for the long haul, thus I went all out with a fully loaded '21 Limited. Leasing is fine until you want to buy - nothing to trade. I coughed up $15K to put down, got 0%/60, paid invoice for it, and my payments are still $1000/month. But I love this frickin' truck!

Don't worry, as the owner of many German sedans (still haven an E46 & E90), you will appreciate the low depreciation of big trucks. The resale value is the opposite of German sedans, meaning very high value retention. Should you one day decide to trade it in or get another one, you're still plenty young, you will be surprised on value retention.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I purchased my 2020 Sport. Sticker was $78k. Purchase price was $56k. 0 down. 72/months but I plan on/have already made extra payments. The interest is what kills me at 6%.

Already shopped it and hoping to get what I paid or more ($53k was most I was offered so far) on a trade in so I can take advantage of the 0% financing being offered right now.

Users who are viewing this thread