5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here is NOT happy with their e-Torque system?

Houstontiger

Reaction score
Have you tried driving in ERS mode?
Mine is really annoying in traffic or when coming to a stop. The regenerative braking is not predictable when it releases. Sometimes it stops where I intended and other times I have left a football field between me and the car in front. Maybe one day the aftermarket will develop a solution to eliminate it. I'm sure it would be expensive but probably worth it post warranty.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I liked the eTorque...until I didn't. At 89k miles, it quit working on my '19 Ram 1500 (with the 5.7 Hemi) and has now been in the shop nearly a month. The local CJDRJ service department has been going back and forth with the Ram "super techs" and still can't decide what's wrong. They are to the point where they are going to start throwing very expensive parts at it....to the tune of $5,300 or more. Ram Care has been absolutely no help. What really sucks is that I told the service department about the first time the start-stop acted up (while still under warranty) but they didn't put anything into the system as there were no codes for them to check. Totally disgusted at this point.
So sorry to hear about these issues you're having. This is the exact scenario I was avoiding in buying a 5th gen without etorque. We've had our share of issues with this truck, but thankfully etorque issues are something we will never have to worry about.

Houstontiger

Reaction score
Thank you. I will get mine in for the reflash and see if that helps. Not the first time they have done that but it has been about a year. I got tired of bringing it in but it does seem to have gotten worse over time.
Did it drive better with your last reflash?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I figured I would add my experience since this thread is back at the top of the discussion. I've got a 2023 with approximately 18k miles and I'm starting to feel harsh transitions at low speed. I was reading from other posts that the E Torque trucks are programmed to put the transmission in neutral at low speeds or when coming to a stop. I suspect I'm either feeling the harshness of the transmission shifting into first gear from neutral or the transition from E Torque assist when the vehicle first starts to move. I'm only experiencing this at low speeds and low throttle movements which is something I've never felt in a non E torque truck.

I'm pretty sure that's not accurate. I can watch the tach change RPMs as my truck downshifts when slowing for lights or stop signs. I also have the gear selector indicator enabled so i can see what gear its in and I can both feel and see the trans downshifting when slowing along with regen braking functioning.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is really annoying in traffic or when coming to a stop. The regenerative braking is not predictable when it releases. Sometimes it stops where I intended and other times I have left a football field between me and the car in front. Maybe one day the aftermarket will develop a solution to eliminate it. I'm sure it would be expensive but probably worth it post warranty.

Mines very predictable, doesn't do any of that at all unless I stop short

Users who are viewing this thread