5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here is NOT happy with their e-Torque system?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Etorque is still standard on V6. They could have easily taken the feature away to save some money/weight/ and complexity if it was not worth the hassle.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Etorque is still standard on V6. They could have easily taken the feature away to save some money/weight/ and complexity if it was not worth the hassle.
eTorque is the ONLY option on a V6.
They did the same exact thing with the Hemi. Normal Hemi->optional eTorque Hemi->only eTorque Hemi->removed Hemi.
Cost more money to re-tool to remove it again.
Removing parts doesn't save Ram money, anything they buy and put in gets marks up and added to the price for more profit.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good idea.
(looks at thread name)
I am not happy with my eTorque, waste of parts and I miss saving all them tasty mpgs while coasting at low speeds in a 6000lbs truck.

Well I'm happy with my eTorque , low speed coasting and saving all those tasty city MPGs

1000007889.jpg

Maybe yours is busted 🤕

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't choose the etorque. I tried like Heck to order a 2022 at the time of my purchase (Oct 2022) but I was like a week too late.
Had to order a '23 and no choice then, Had to get the etorque as it was no longer an option.
Also got screwed by early production on my screen. Because of shortages even though I ordered option level 2, I have a 8.4 screen with U5 whereas I should have received a 12 inch screen but they where putting those in the TRX's and Limited's at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread