5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has not had issues with 3rd brake light leaking?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah it’s like if for years a woman cheats on me and steals from me and finally find my limits I leave her and you’re implying I’m not being logical(?!) I’m just sounding a warning to stay away from this disaster of a woman.

Do you, just know, if you get on any brand forum you will see people with the same complaints.

You could be trading a ***** for an even bigger ***** ;)

I could see how it wouldn’t be covered. I know another brand wouldn’t cover rear glass shattering due to faulty defrosters, they would instead just unplug the defroster.

But wasn’t your vin locked and part of your warranty voided due to the taser? Maybe that’s affecting this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Do you, just know, if you get on any brand forum you will see people with the same complaints.

You could be trading a ***** for an even bigger ***** ;)

I could see how it wouldn’t be covered. I know another brand wouldn’t cover rear glass shattering due to faulty defrosters, they would instead just unplug the defroster.

But wasn’t your vin locked and part of your warranty voided due to the taser? Maybe that’s affecting this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. It was not locked as a whole. Only the driveline clunk, which I diagnosed and had to fix on my own. It was simply a lack of grease on the spline in the two piece drive shaft. My truck was in the shop for weeks for that issue and I solved it with a $14 tube of Ford driveshaft lube and two hose clamps. Color me unimpressed with FCA assembly QC, and their dealership network.
I wish you better luck than I had.

yellowboy

Reaction score
I took my truck to the dealer today and the recognized the issue right away with the leaking window frame. My SA said he replaces about 1 rear window a day on the rams and there happened to be another one in front of me in line for the same issue. No recall at this time.

Here's the cherry: Even with an extended factory warranty, they will not replace the failed part unless I shell out $2000. RAM you have just created a loyal Toyota customer and another FCA naysayer for life. This truck has been the biggest piece of $64,000 garbage I have ever owned. Never again will you get my business or from anyone I know if I can help it.
Go to another dealer. Some on here have done that and had it covered. If the frame is cracked or it's the 3rd light that is not a glass issue. A good dealer will find a way to cover it and they get paid to fix it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have not had problems. I believe my truck was built in Q4 of 2018

Users who are viewing this thread