5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who converted to pickup trucks because of the 2019 Ram

Brobee

Reaction score
Traded my 2016 Chevy Colorado for the 2019 RAM...

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
First time truck buyer as well. Like many I have slowly been working my way up to trucks. Started out with cars like the Sonata, then went to Jeep Grand Cherokee and now my first truck. For me, the advanced tech, beautiful interior, and smooth ride made me pass on the F150 for a Ram. That and since I came from Jeep all the knobs and software were familiar to me.

Loving it!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a convert (2001 Dodge Ram 1500) BUT the 2019 pushed up my buying a new truck 1-2 years. Three test rides in a Ford F-150 and was sold immediately on the Ram. I usually stay away from new models.
My thoughts exactly.

billyraff

Reaction score
Was driving a 2015 Charger AWD.. was thinking about getting something to pull my bass boat around, test drove the 19 ram and that was it, ordered one the next day.

RPeezy

Reaction score
I'm coming from a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, I had plans to get another one (my 4th one FYI) since it was a really great vehicle. When I went in to look at the new GC's it was pretty much the exact same car except for some trim and tech upgrades. I felt like it wasn't a big enough change and the excitement just wasn't there on my end. I started looking at the new Ram's thinking it would pull my 21 foot bass boat a bit better. Once I saw the Limited Ram it was an easy choice. Better interior, better towing, seemed like an obvious choice. To me its a prefect mix of Grand Cherokee and truck.

This is pretty much exactly me. I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I got a base Laredo with absolutely no bells or whistles. I still really like the car, though, I just want more stuff (towing, 4x4, comfort and tech features, etc), so I was looking at a 2019 Trailhawk. Then I saw the Rams, and they are just so nice, plus better suited to pull a boat and probably go off-road, too. I've never been a truck guy, but I am now counting down the days til I order mine (36). I've been converted.

Newbrunny

Reaction score
Hopefully picking up my first new truck on Friday or Saturday. Currently driving a 2015 Exploder (not a sic). Before that a 4 Runner and FJ Cruiser. Have a 1993 RHD Land Cruiser turbo diesel but that is not a daily driver. Few years ago I picked up an old 1995 Ram beater but it was pretty much a basket case and I dumped that after a couple months. Hoping this Ram is better than that one - lol. My father had a 1986 Ram “Miser” with a slant 6 which I drove throughout high school but that was not yesterday...

Have been wanting to dump the Exploder for a while but had not found anything I really liked. Tried an F150 but had enough of the local Ford dealerships and thought the interior was cheap. Big Toyo fan but their vehicle tech is dated in anything I like. Went to the Dodge dealer to test drive a Grand Jeep Cherokee but got hooked on a Ram. Ended up going with a black Laramie. The interior is simply amazing. Had a hard time finding one locally without the tow mirrors but my dealer tracked one down that was close enough to what I was looking for. Can not wait to pick it up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online