5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who converted to pickup trucks because of the 2019 Ram

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
I must confess I was never the type to want a pick up truck. I don't know why, they just never tickled my fancy. The only utility type vehicles i've ever owned were an 06 Dodge Magnum and a 14 Durango. I pulled a motor cycle with the magnum and used the Durango for house hold stuff and for carrying my concealed carry instructor needs i.e. target stands etc. Doing that messed up the interior (not horribly) but you knew i was carrying large things around. Well the Durango needed work and the dealership loaned me a 2019 Bighorn. I had it for 2 days and needless to say I was hooked. Youtube was my friend for a long time and even when my wife picked up a GMC terrain I tried the Sierra and it just felt stiff and uninviting. So I took the plunge in September and got my self a Lonestar..........Now i don't know that I can ever go back to sedans and suvs. Who else is a first time pickup truck convert?

Reaction score
Me... I went into the dealership to test drive a 2018 Durango to replace my wife's SUV. While I was there I saw the 2019 Rebel which looked fantastic. So when I took my wife back to test drive the Durango I asked if we could drive the Rebel too. 45min later we both agreed we liked the truck the best. I had always wanted a pick-up so that was my chance. 1000mi later all's good. Still getting used to it but really enjoy it.

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
Me... I went into the dealership to test drive a 2018 Durango to replace my wife's SUV. While I was there I saw the 2019 Rebel which looked fantastic. So when I took my wife back to test drive the Durango I asked if we could drive the Rebel too. 45min later we both agreed we liked the truck the best. I had always wanted a pick-up so that was my chance. 1000mi later all's good. Still getting used to it but really enjoy it.
Did she get the Durango for herself?

Mike67

Reaction score
My wife has her mom car (minivan) and wants something that didnt have a third row of seats.
She always wanted a jeep, so she was looking at those.
I wasnt sold on the jeep, so i had the salesman bring around the 1500 Limited.
She was in the truck for 15 minutes playing with everything before she drove it. She took it for a test drive and we both liked it much better than the jeep.
So if i can ever order etorque and ramboxes we will be sold.

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
I've owned trucks before (57 Willys, 74 GMC dually 4wd dump, 96 F350 dually 4wd dump, and an extended 81 E350), but my Laramie replaced a Land Rover LR3 SUV. The etorque makes the start stop seamless, and the ramboxes are great (as is the air suspension, which the lr3 also had).

meltedcheez

Reaction score
First time truck owner here too, if you don't count my first car, a '69 El Camino.

Wanted a truck for a long time, I had a Sonata Hybrid and the wife had her Prius. She totaled her car in July and that freed up some room in the budget to look for a truck. I got the Ram and she inherited the Sonata. Maybe next year we'll upgrade from the Sonata but until then its hers. I was originally looking at the Silverados but the rebates on the Ram were to hard to pass up! After the test drive I was hooked!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I used to drive pickups until about 10 years ago, then I switched to SUVs for more comfort, options etc.

Been wanting to go back to a pick up for a couple of years as my needs are shifting, and I've always liked RAM, but the gen 4 was missing a few things for me, mainly, all the latest safety features, adaptive cruise, 360 surround view, and larger 2nd row area.

Looked at the F150s, which ticked most of those boxes, but. I just couldn't get pass the fact that they ride really rough and I really wanted air suspension. Also, their interiors are not up to par in my opinion, which basically forced me to wait until the a redesign to see if RAM would knock it out of the park, which they did, and the rest is history :cool:

My prior vehicle was a fully loaded, twin-turbo V8 Mercedes GL550, and my Limited is more luxurious, has more tech, more 2nd row room, and I just hauled 1000 lbs of mulch in the bed this weekend. Priceless... ;)

Last edited:

clarkehaven

Reaction score
I bought my RAM as a replacement for a 2016 Suburban. No way a truck should ride and drive this much better that a $70k luxury SUV.....but it does. If I could only get the fiberglass cap to complete the transition.

jkratze1

Reaction score
I am a first time truck owner also as I have owned only cars and one SUV. I have wanted a "Dodge" Ram truck for years because I always liked them but wasn't sure if I was a "truck" guy. So I drove a Ford Mustang, a Nissan Maxima and then a Jeep Grand Cherokee. After the 2019 Ram came out, I decided to check them out. The rest is history as you can see in my signature. I did not cross shop any other trucks either from other manufacturers such as Ford or Chevy.

Hunts99

Reaction score
I am a convert as well......never had a SUV (wife has one) and only have driven cars throughout my history. I have always wanted a truck and finally got the buy-in from the wife to get one. Her response was "get what you want" so I went with a '19 vs. an '18 due to the styling and the other amenities. At this point, I have been waiting for the truck for a shade under 2 months, and knowing that it is on a train (and is sitting on the tracks not moving) is killing me right now.

superbird77

Reaction score
I'm coming from a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, I had plans to get another one (my 4th one FYI) since it was a really great vehicle. When I went in to look at the new GC's it was pretty much the exact same car except for some trim and tech upgrades. I felt like it wasn't a big enough change and the excitement just wasn't there on my end. I started looking at the new Ram's thinking it would pull my 21 foot bass boat a bit better. Once I saw the Limited Ram it was an easy choice. Better interior, better towing, seemed like an obvious choice. To me its a prefect mix of Grand Cherokee and truck.

DeanKing

Reaction score
I used to drive pickups until about 10 years ago, then I switched to SUVs for more comfort, options etc.

Been wanting to go back to a pick up for a couple of years as my needs are shifting, and I've always liked RAM, but the gen 4 was missing a few things for me, mainly, all the latest safety features, adaptive cruise, 360 surround view, and larger 2nd row area.

Looked at the F150s, which ticked most of those boxes, but. I just couldn't get pass the fact that they ride really rough and I really wanted air suspension. Also, their interiors are not up to par in my opinion, which basically forced me to wait until the a redesign to see if RAM would knock it out of the park, which they did, and the rest is history :cool:

My prior vehicle was a fully loaded, twin-turbo V8 Mercedes GL550, and my Limited is more luxurious, has more tech, more 2nd row room, and I just hauled 1000 lbs of mulch in the bed this weekend. Priceless... ;)
Almost the same story. Switched from f150s to an Acura MDX 10 years ago. Traded that for the Ram. Wanted another F150 but the Ram was a lot more refined.

Kork

Reaction score
First timer here. Came from a Jeep Wrangler JK 4 door. Wanted extra interior room, especially for 3 car seats that wouldn't fit in the JK. Did not think we'd actually go through with it but the incentives on the '19 were too much to pass up.

So far, I can't park for ****. Otherwise, loving it. :)

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
Being in Texas I have driven a bunch of trucks for this, that, and another... just not one of my own.

This truck is a reward to myself for the past 15+ years of my career.

The design and features of this build is everything I wanted in a Truck and I look forward to many upcoming trips and adventures in it.

Wish me luck on the wait !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread