5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who all has NOT had problems?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a quick note about forums. On my 14, I “hung” out at another forum but I never left the audio section, that was just my interest. My 14 had probably 5-6 service bulletins and/or recalls done while I was in for standard maintenance through the years. I didn’t know about any except for the air bag (that hit major news) nor did notice any issues. When we read problem threads, we start looking for issues and then there is a reverse placebo affect. That’s not to say our trucks aren’t affected but the worry isn’t usually caused by the truck.

ArmyofOne

Reaction score
First off let me say hello to everyone as I am new here.

I am thinking of trading my Power Wagon for a new 1500 Laramie sport.
After reading the forum I am scared about doing this due to some of the problems like leaking and clunking.

With that said I am trying to see if most trucks are having problems or just a small percentage.

So who all has NOT had any problems with their new truck??
I have the recalls, other than that i have the front end clunk TSB that needs done and my gas mileage sucks.

Overall i call that a win! Love my truck almost as much as i love my kid lol

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aside from the the two recalls, the occasional glitch due to tech, and a cosmetic fix on the chrome window trim, 5K miles and ZERO problems.

SColang22

Reaction score
I would think the answer to your question would be almost everyone due to the multiple recalls. Excepting that it seems the earlier builds had more material issues than the latter builds.

My truck has had the following:
  • 2 recalls
  • Display theme does not retain settings
  • Tailgate cables are not uniform
  • Suspension squeaks over rolling speed humps
  • Excessive paint chipping on the front bumper and rear fender flares
My biggest issue is the absolute terrible service from the Garavel RAM Service Dept. Norwalk CT - unprofessional and unqualified.

It's a real pleasure to drive though

Matt
I have the same issue with display theme. have you seen a fix for that? I keep getting told a software update is coming.

tmac

Reaction score
I have had mine for two months, 4k miles and zero issues. Mine does have two recalls (brake pedal and battery mount), but they weren't problems for me.

CCryder500

Reaction score
Purchased in October 2018 and 11,000 trouble free miles so far. ( I am taking it in next week for the two recalls) If I were to nit-pick, I have a slight rattle in my driver side rear door when I close it, but it is very minor and I don't consider it an issue.

JayMann

Reaction score
after seeing what was causing my issue (a bolt needing a quarter turn tightening) - I would consider myself as not having had a real problem.

It's just that like any forum, you're gonna see the posts of people with questions and not the ones just wanting to say "hi" or "hey - another week has passed by and the car is still driving fine"

It's too early for modding since most trucks are less than a year old so you're not gonna find many posts on these forums dealing with modding just yet. It'll take another year or two for the forum to become more balanced and start showing posts other than issues with picky owners (like me).

Todd

Reaction score
Purchased on Jan 26th and with my 870 miles driven, both recalls addressed just last Mon. I'm really enjoying my investment!!

Last edited:

Craigg69

Reaction score
3200 miles no problems 1 minor recall to replace brake clamp took 10 min. Loving my new 19 Ram Limited..Got rid of my Challenger Scat Pack.. Needed a more everyday driver.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nov. 24th picked up "my order", 3700 miles, ZERO PROMLEMS, smiles galore.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
8800 miles and my Rebel is a tank, unstoppable and confidence inspiring. I go out of my way and often take the longer path just to get in that extra few moments behind the wheel.

I define a problem as something that prevents you from driving your vehicle. I have had 0 problems, just a sore face from perma-grin.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
17,800 miles other than the 3 simple fix recalls only 2 minor issues that just popped up. Front camera has mosture in it ( replacement camera has been ordered under warranty). And my driver power running board paint is wearing off in the high spots where I step in. Dealer is finding out if FCA wants to replace it or have it painted. Been very happy so far. The recalls were 20 minute repairs and they washed the truck. So I was Happy!

Reaction score
Absolutely zero problems. 11,000 miles on limited. X GM guy here. Best truck I have owned. By by Denali.

CompuDav

Reaction score
No issues, but only 200 miles on it though. But in all the cars I have owned and driven, this truck’s first 200 miles have been the best ever :cool:.

Users who are viewing this thread