5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who all has NOT had problems?

Pro-Hunt

Reaction score
First off let me say hello to everyone as I am new here.

I am thinking of trading my Power Wagon for a new 1500 Laramie sport.
After reading the forum I am scared about doing this due to some of the problems like leaking and clunking.

With that said I am trying to see if most trucks are having problems or just a small percentage.

So who all has NOT had any problems with their new truck??

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Zero problem here, well there was 1 recall that took 15 mins to fix today. Remember, far more people come to the inter web to complain... mid December build

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I feel like anything that is covered under warranty with no cost to me isn’t really an issue anyway.... Mine is at the dealer but I have a 19 loaner until I get it back so I’m not bothered by the minor issue.

Pro-Hunt

Reaction score
I feel like anything that is covered under warranty with no cost to me isn’t really an issue anyway.... Mine is at the dealer but I have a 19 loaner until I get it back so I’m not bothered by the minor issue.

What is your truck at the dealer for?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What is your truck at the dealer for?
I started keeping a little list of things it would do or concerns I had and when I took it in for the 2 recalls for the brake pedal assembly and the power steering ground I went ahead and had them check on all of it. I had a defect that developed on my front doors below the windows that looked like a squiggly line/etching that they will just replace my door panels for and I had the center line not on my reverse camera which I think it never was and an issue with my truck staying in entry/exit some times even while I’m driving over 50.

DeanKing

Reaction score
5000 miles, 6 months and the only problems are ones I caused myself. You have to look at the posting dates and understand the manufacture time frame for trucks on those posts. The two problems you referenced were mostly early build trucks. I know the brake squeal was. It was bad pads and they switched vendors. That being said if you have zero tolerance for vehicle problems you shouldn’t buy a first model year vehicle from anyone. If you want to avoid risk then lease. If it is a POS then you hand it back without caring about the stupid carfax report all those dealer repair visits that have now tarnished your trade in value.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I am monitoring the boards and am concerned like you.
The main reason for considering the this vehicle is I like the vehicle overall (except for the wide *** mirrors).
If I do get one it would more likely be the 2nd year edition would should have most of these issues addressed.....i hope.

slimchance

Reaction score
traded wife's 2016 Toyota Limited on my wife's trk in september ... now at 4600 mi ... liked it so much in november traded my 2018 Toyota Limited on my trk .. now at 4000 mi .... both trks are 100% NO problems

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine in early October, around 4500 trouble free miles. One minor annoyance with Uconnect reading USB (it works but it just doesn’t always remember what song was on when I shut the truck off), but not enough to bring it in for Service. Will have it addressed when I go for my first servic/ recalls. Great truck.

MattF

Reaction score
I would think the answer to your question would be almost everyone due to the multiple recalls. Excepting that it seems the earlier builds had more material issues than the latter builds.

My truck has had the following:
  • 2 recalls
  • Display theme does not retain settings
  • Tailgate cables are not uniform
  • Suspension squeaks over rolling speed humps
  • Excessive paint chipping on the front bumper and rear fender flares
My biggest issue is the absolute terrible service from the Garavel RAM Service Dept. Norwalk CT - unprofessional and unqualified.

It's a real pleasure to drive though

Matt

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Almost 6k and the only issue so far was a squeak that was fixed with some grease.

I agree with @Peegeezy as long as it’s covered under warranty, it really isn’t an issue. It’s one of the major reasons people buy new, they know for the next 3-5 or whatever years, their vehicle isn’t going to cost them anything other than regular maintenance and of course, the actual cost of the vehicle.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Approaching 2K

No concerns
No issues
1 recall fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V.Mullins

Reaction score
Got mine in 24 December, 3500 miles no issues at all, Oct 18 build. Have the two recalls for peddles and ground still open. Not worried about them as I checked all the grounds as noted in this forum, and I don't adjust my peddles so I'm not worried about that either.

Users who are viewing this thread