5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which models have active air dam and grille shutters?

Orion10182011

Reaction score
The air suspension models don't have the air dam. They acomplish the same thing by lowering the whole truck at highway speeds. The air dam would be redundant.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The air suspension models don't have the air dam. They acomplish the same thing by lowering the whole truck at highway speeds. The air dam would be redundant.
Redundant or not, your claim is wrong. Please see previous posts where actual owners of trucks with air suspension say they have the active air dam, including me.

Orion10182011

Reaction score
Redundant or not, your claim is wrong. Please see previous posts where actual owners of trucks with air suspension say they have the active air dam, including me.

Well good for you. Everything I've read about it said they didn't have it. Maybe it's a 2020 change IDK... Even the video going over the new chassis/frame which had the air suspension made a point to say the active air dam that was shown did not come with the air suspension package.

Forward to 2m 40s to where they talk about the air dam.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Well good for you. Everything I've read about it said they didn't have it. Maybe it's a 2020 change IDK... Even the video going over the new chassis/frame which had the air suspension made a point to say the active air dam that was shown did not come with the air suspension package.

That used to be the case, but apparently this changed on the 2020 models, as there are several here that have both.

Cheers,

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Didn't mean to come off so strong, sorry about that. It's just a little bit frustrating when people make a claim even after many people have verified that claim to be untrue. Vehicle options and features evolve from year to year, even within a given model year. It's safe to say that this is one of those things that changed.

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
and including me , and limited , air suspension , active grill and active bottom spoiler

Users who are viewing this thread