5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which models have active air dam and grille shutters?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI - Posts #2 and #14 on this thread say they have both.

I just looked at the 2020 brochure and it says it's not available with air suspension. Fixed (MXA) is Active (MXB) isn't.
If OP can provide his build sheet than we can confirm.
Maybe confusing active grille shutters and active air dam. They haven't got a 2020 with air suspension at my local dealer so I can't crawl under it and confirm.

E.Hands

Reaction score
FYI - Posts #2 and #14 on this thread say they have both.

My point exactly, thank you.

I just looked at the 2020 brochure and it says it's not available with air suspension. Fixed (MXA) is Active (MXB) isn't.
If OP can provide his build sheet than we can confirm.
Maybe confusing active grille shutters and active air dam. They haven't got a 2020 with air suspension at my local dealer so I can't crawl under it and confirm.

I crawled under mine and was saddened to find there was not one installed. I plan on ordering & installing one. Hopefully I will be able to make it function. If not I think it will be beneficial if it remains in the "deployed", lowered position.

Invoice attached:

Attachments

• Invoice.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 37

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
My 2020 Limited with Air Suspension has the active dam underneath. Not sure if it deploys though. But I saw it underneath when doing the oil change and has a motor that seemed to be locked and I couldn't manually deploy.. anyone know if it works on the limited?

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Same here with my 2020. Air suspension and active air dam. Not sure if it deploys or not. If I had a go pro, I could probably video it.

ny2az

Reaction score
My 2020 Limited with Air Suspension has the active dam underneath. Not sure if it deploys though. But I saw it underneath when doing the oil change and has a motor that seemed to be locked and I couldn't manually deploy.. anyone know if it works on the limited?

l'm sure if it's there it is working ... l too have the 2020 Limited and it has the active air dam....

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind having it. 2019 limited build date 2/19.... I have the brackets and bolts but no active air dam.. super weird, almost like they forgot to add it. Anyone else have these brackets like this.... E111D570-6AA5-4197-A6FF-6FBDA6168520.jpeg

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind having it. 2019 limited build date 2/19.... I have the brackets and bolts but no active air dam.. super weird, almost like they forgot to add it. Anyone else have these brackets like this.... View attachment 49115
That isn't where it mounts. I have the same brackets. The active air dam mounts right behind the fixed one.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I put my oil filter relocation kit just forward of those. I can get a pic of the air dam after while.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Manual says it activates when you pass 30 MPH. So, this thing is going up and down like a yo-yo for most commuters. I wonder how many months of service we'll get out of this before the motor fails or the bushings seize up from road salt and water?

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Manual says it activates when you pass 30 MPH. So, this thing is going up and down like a yo-yo for most commuters. I wonder how many months of service we'll get out of this before the motor fails or the bushings seize up from road salt and water?
Here are the pics of the active dam on my truck. 20200309_163351.jpg 20200309_163339.jpg

E.Hands

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind having it. 2019 limited build date 2/19.... I have the brackets and bolts but no active air dam.. super weird, almost like they forgot to add it. Anyone else have these brackets like this.... View attachment 49115
Yep, that's where it mounts. On those 4 studs. Mine didn't have one either. Nor did it have the wiring harness for it..

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 Laramie (off road pavkage as well) with 4 corner air and my window sticker states that I have active front air dam

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Those of you saying it's not available on trucks with air suspension are spreading false or out-dated information. That may have once been true, but it's not true any longer.

I removed the active air dam on both of the trucks we have. One is a 2020 Laramie without air suspension, the other is a 2020 Limited with air suspension. Both trucks were equipped with the active air dam, and it was active on both.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread