5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel spacers?

KyleD

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone with issues on 1.5” wheel spacers on stock rims for 2020 ram laramie. I am looking to get some but i want to know if i should or not? Please help

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Spend the money for the Bora spacers and don't worry about it. Also something to keep in mind. The front track with is 1/2" wider than the rear. So if you want front and rear wheels the same, need 1/4" smaller spacers on the front

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also went with bora, 1.5"
I only have done city and highway. No off road for me so far.
Got them last june

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a set of 1.5" KSP Spacers sitting in my garage. Anyone use them? Reviews seemed good, and cheaper than Bora

moparleo51

Reaction score
I have a set of 1.5" KSP Spacers sitting in my garage. Anyone use them? Reviews seemed good, and cheaper than Bora
i have a set on my laramie ram with oem rebel wheels and they work just fine,

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 1.75" on the Front Axle and 2" on the Rear Axle. Stock Wildpeaks.

Malodave

NJC1684

Reaction score
1.5f/1.75r

Attachments

• 42A0DBED-A64A-4CF8-855C-517E1F3CE53F.jpeg
    42A0DBED-A64A-4CF8-855C-517E1F3CE53F.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 178

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
I talked to”my” parts guy last week. I want 1.5” spacers, pretty much settled on Bora but he just got Synergy spacers himself for his Jeep.
I like the std Laramie wheels and I like a standard look “but there’s something about it and I can’t put my finger on it“. They are supposed to arrive this week, appointment to put them on on Friday. I’m expecting a rubbing issue with the front Mopar mud flaps, probably time for the “ice buckets” to go. I’ll post an update with pictures when done.
Seems they’re dirt cheap, hope they’re ok.

Last edited:

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Appears they didn’t get there in time - sat there for nothing for half an hour. Called the dealer to see what’s up last week, found out they only got 2 of them. Thursday is D-day. Looks like the red anodized color should show just enough to notice that “something” is different. I may have to break down and wash the truck so I can take a few pictures.
Anyone experience with Synergy spacers on their RAM?

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Today was the day. Dealer ended up ordering KSP spacers, 4th appointment (first time they hadn't arrived, 2nd time only 2, 3rd time wrong thread).
I think (j/k) they rub (see first pic, LOL). It's bad. Took my Mopar mudflaps off for now. Backed in and out of the driveway and I'm OK. Looks like I need to get rid of the ice buckets. Not sure yet if I have to trim the original plastic part behind the Mopar mudflap (where the plastic pop-thingy) goes through. There's 1 on the bottom too, so I need to get 2 for each side.

Attachments

• IMG_1312.JPG
    IMG_1312.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1318.JPG
    IMG_1318.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1319.JPG
    IMG_1319.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 137

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Today was the day. Dealer ended up ordering KSP spacers, 4th appointment (first time they hadn't arrived, 2nd time only 2, 3rd time wrong thread).
I think (j/k) they rub (see first pic, LOL). It's bad. Took my Mopar mudflaps off for now. Backed in and out of the driveway and I'm OK. Looks like I need to get rid of the ice buckets. Not sure yet if I have to trim the original plastic part behind the Mopar mudflap (where the plastic pop-thingy) goes through. There's 1 on the bottom too, so I need to get 2 for each side.
Your truck looks great! I've got 1.5" KSP's on my Rebel. I've had them on for about 8 months with no problems.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Thanks! Rubbing is really horrible with the mud flaps, but not completely unexpected. It‘ll just take some serious trimming to make them work (more than I thought).
Dealer didn’t use loctite as per KSP. When I asked they said to get torque checked after 500 mls, that’s all.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! Rubbing is really horrible with the mud flaps, but not completely unexpected. It‘ll just take some serious trimming to make them work (more than I thought).
Dealer didn’t use loctite as per KSP. When I asked they said to get torque checked after 500 mls, that’s all.
Same instructions on bora as well. No loctite, just retorque.
I am getting close to 5k miles with the spacers Plan on checking and re torque if necessary then

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Finally got the mud flaps back on the truck. It took quite a bit of butchering, but no more rubbing…

Attachments

• 09E34BE9-43AD-4FCE-8DE6-D4ADCD17C181.jpeg
    09E34BE9-43AD-4FCE-8DE6-D4ADCD17C181.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 74

Julio13

Reaction score
I just installed 1.5” ksp spacers on my big horn what did you torque it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
To be honest, I don’t know.
Thanks this board, I just knew enough to ask a few questions and find out the dealer didn’t use locktite and to retorque at 500 mls.
So when I came in for retorque, someone took a torque wrench and started to torque the wheels. I’m like nope, could have done that myself. You’re gonna take off my wheels and check the torque on the spacers.
I guess that’s a lesson learned. I have the oil change and tire rotation plan, but it seems I’m going to have to provide “instructions” moving forward since not every mechanic is familiar with the concept of spacers.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To be honest, I don’t know.
Thanks this board, I just knew enough to ask a few questions and find out the dealer didn’t use locktite and to retorque at 500 mls.
So when I came in for retorque, someone took a torque wrench and started to torque the wheels. I’m like nope, could have done that myself. You’re gonna take off my wheels and check the torque on the spacers.
I guess that’s a lesson learned. I have the oil change and tire rotation plan, but it seems I’m going to have to provide “instructions” moving forward since not every mechanic is familiar with the concept of spacers.
Did the dealer install the spacers? If not, then they have no responsibility to verify torque on them, and could charge for the service

Users who are viewing this thread