5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Spacers??

Cannonball

Reaction score
@19Jake are you selling these direct? I don't see that price on the coyote website... Are you sure you're not confusing the price for 4 vs 2? If I'm wrong help me out with a link bossman.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Coyote site is a bit confusing, but I believe that they sell them in pairs. A quick call before you order could confirm.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of the pockets...if they exist...on the back of the Limited 22" wheels?

I'd like to push things out 1-1.25".

Cross88

Reaction score
Something I’ve been looking into recently and reading thru what seems to be the 2 largest threads about wheel spacers. A lot of debate on what works, the hub size etc. everyone knows bora is quality and has been around probably the longest with the best reputation, but definitely at a higher price point. Now coyote seems nice as well but at a much better price. Funny thing about coyote though, if you input our truck “2019 ram 1500” they populate spacers with a 78.1 hub bore. Now yes you can search up “6x5.5, 14x1.5 and 77.8 hub bore”. From what I’ve read thus far there is a lot of information going in different directions. That’s all.

Z mann R2

Reaction score

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Nah.....why would the fly off though? They’re machined 6061 T6 aluminum.....and the lugs rest inside of them......$290 for wheel spacers is a RIP-OFF

I purchased:

From what I've seen on here some of the cheaper options the lugs spin just trying to torque them. I'm sure you can get a good set of cheaper spacers that'll do the same job as the BORA spacers though.

Now that I know the limited wheels have pockets on the back of them I am more leaning towards a 1.5"/1.25" all around.

I'm not certain there is a tried and true budget kit available in those sizes.

If someone could point me in the right direction I'd do my research and think about it...although anyone who had a wheel fly off may not be able to type any longer or access the forums...only joking.

Barty88

Reaction score
So, did you use the 1.25" or 1.5" spacers? on your 22" inch wheels? I have the 22's as the premium option on my Laramie (original owner's choice). I keep hearing it both ways, that there is a 'pocket' like on the 20's and no need to trim lugs or that there isnt and you HAVE to go with 2" spacers or trim lugs. I'm trying to get 285/55r22's in there to replace the stock 285/45's and there just seems to be a ton of room. I dont think the original owner did any mod and it does NOT have the air suspension... I may just try the 55's with no lift or spacer and see what happens. They are trhe same width and only 2.2" taller, but that just means 1.1" on the radius that would actually affect the fit and like I said, there seems to be a ton of room in there....

19TXLimited

Reaction score
So, did you use the 1.25" or 1.5" spacers? on your 22" inch wheels? I have the 22's as the premium option on my Laramie (original owner's choice). I keep hearing it both ways, that there is a 'pocket' like on the 20's and no need to trim lugs or that there isnt and you HAVE to go with 2" spacers or trim lugs. I'm trying to get 285/55r22's in there to replace the stock 285/45's and there just seems to be a ton of room. I dont think the original owner did any mod and it does NOT have the air suspension... I may just try the 55's with no lift or spacer and see what happens. They are trhe same width and only 2.2" taller, but that just means 1.1" on the radius that would actually affect the fit and like I said, there seems to be a ton of room in there....
I think you should be able to fit the 285/55r22 tires in there without a lift. I have a slight rub in reverse at full lock on my truck in entry/exit mode (lowest air suspension mode) with the same tires and a 2.5" level. One thing I am unsure of is whether adding the spacers would cause rubbing...I have thought about spacers for my truck, but have shied away due to not wanting to spend the money right now.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. There does seem to be a ton of room in the wheel well and with the UCA. I've seen other members run 285/55's on the 22's without rub and even saw 295/55 too but can't for the life of me find the post. All without level/lift/air. Just stock. I'm just cautious about it as even with the stock set up (285/45) I have slight rubbing on full lock (which I find odd). I have a pending purchase with another member on here for four 2" BORA spacers and a 2" Motofab level kit and shouldn't have any problems running even 35's after that, but to answer your concerns, the 285/55 with 22's should be ok from the research I've done here.

Barty88

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. There does seem to be a ton of room in the wheel well and with the UCA. I've seen other members run 285/55's on the 22's without rub and even saw 295/55 too but can't for the life of me find the post. All without level/lift/air. Just stock. I'm just cautious about it as even with the stock set up (285/45) I have slight rubbing on full lock (which I find odd). I have a pending purchase with another member on here for four 2" BORA spacers and a 2" Motofab level kit and shouldn't have any problems running even 35's after that, but to answer your concerns, the 285/55 with 22's should be ok from the research I've done here.
Actually did find a mod. There are pre load spacers there under a black rubber 'cushion' type thing. They look like they are aluminum, maybe RC or Ready lift 2" spacers? I found an amazing deal on brand new 285/55 22 Nitto Trail Grapplers... more aggressive than I want but cant pass up the price. I read they are not as loud as you would think and drive well on the highway for an MT... I hope so....

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Actually did find a mod. There are pre load spacers there under a black rubber 'cushion' type thing. They look like they are aluminum, maybe RC or Ready lift 2" spacers? I found an amazing deal on brand new 285/55 22 Nitto Trail Grapplers... more aggressive than I want but cant pass up the price. I read they are not as loud as you would think and drive well on the highway for an MT... I hope so....

They aren't too loud initially, but as they wear they do get louder...this is the case with any MT though. Had these on my Tundra a while back...great tire though. Not too loud either. A little music can fix it.

insulso

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I have a set of bora 1in spacer that I bought for the oem wheel and now wont use because I decided to buy new wheels. I paid $245 shipped. Looking to get $210 shipped in the US.
Can reach me by text at 787 307 6441. E4C8365C-6B42-4465-B636-3DCB3E240B1D.jpeg 892DC815-FFFB-4684-B425-7245C28417DC.jpeg A55606C6-CEEA-4E5B-A582-6A660C27E9A2.jpeg

insulso

Reaction score
They work with the Rebel wheels. Not sure about the other model. You might need to trim the lugnuts to avoid interference. Still available

sppb32

Reaction score
I did 147mph and a bunch of times over 120 mph with my 84 Z28 with 2.25" Ebay spacers in the front and 1.25 in the rear and not a problem, but you have to be careful how you torque them.

Mrjrdavis

Reaction score
That's a really good look for stock wheels/tires. Thanks for sharing pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread