5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

big al

Reaction score
When I'm on the farm I clip in a short seatbelt extender, defeats the auto-park with door-open issue + I can wear my seatbelt when needed
2x Universal Seat Safety Belt Buckle Extender Alarm Eliminator Warning Canceller EBAY! I still use my seat belt most of the time..

big al

Reaction score
Buckle the seatbelt behind you then you can open the door. I do it and stand in the running board.

2x Universal Seat Safety Belt Buckle Extender Alarm Eliminator Warning Canceller EBAY! I still use my seat belt most of the time... :)

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely horrible customer service at the dealerships.

Totally agree with this. @RamCares

This was really my only concern buying a Ram and why I leased instead of buy. I've had two FCA products in the past and one experience was painful (2005 300C). The service manager actually said "what do you expect? You bought a Chrysler." And then there was the BBB that had a dedicated extension just for Chrysler products. Not to mention they always come in last on dependability surveys.

To be fair, my previous RAM was a 2014 Sport that I got because a good friend was a co-owner of the dealership and I knew he would and did take great care of me. And that RAM was trouble free.

So here's to hoping this one is too! (y)

jmmurderedram

Reaction score
Small rear view mirror is biggest issue so far. Coming from a 4th gen the mirror was slightly bigger. I get that you don't see much back there anyways because of the headrests on the rear seats, but I would still like to have the mirror give me a full view of the rear window.

BugGuy

Reaction score
Small rear view mirror is biggest issue so far. Coming from a 4th gen the mirror was slightly bigger. I get that you don't see much back there anyways because of the headrests on the rear seats, but I would still like to have the mirror give me a full view of the rear window.

I second that.

Travisks

Reaction score
I hate the brake release.

It is counter-intuitive. I grew up with cars that had a foot pedal parking brake, and a release lever down on the lower left side of the dash that you PULLED to release. My last two cars have had a lever between the seats. How do you release it? You PULL up to take the pressure off the release button.

Now all the sudden you push to release? What's next, put the turn signal lever on the right side of the column, since the gear shift is no longer there?

I've lost count of how many times I've reached down and yanked the release and put it in gear only to have the noise and warning lights advising me that the parking brake is on.

Same here.. i park on a hill every night so I use mine and everytime I do it backwards......

Toytruck

Reaction score
Same here.. i park on a hill every night so I use mine and everytime I do it backwards......

Ive been using the auto brake, its works flawlessly for me. Just have to make sure the seatbelt is buckled before putting it into drive or it will not automatically release.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I get both your points about the push and pull and agree it’s backwards. However, do you know in Uconnect you can set the brake to engage automatically when you put it in park? Also, to disengage regardless if you set it manually or you have it set to auto engage, just shift to drive or reverse and the brake will release automatically as long as you have your seatbelt on before shifting into gear.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
“Paying” for the tailgate open warning light and not having it. 2019 Rebel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score

Not sure if u know this but u can fold the rear headrests down with the black button on either side. I leave mine like that until someone sits back there. It really clears up the view.

JTMachineDesign

Reaction score
Most of us here have some issues with our truck but what's the one thing that disappointed you the most? Mine was perfect until I discovered a water leak under the driver side door sill. The ironic thing is I got rid of my 2015 F150 because of a water leak that they can't fix. I got the Ram and didn't want the sunroof because I didn't want to take the chance on getting a leak but now I'm dealing with the same issue. Very frustrating.
I Drove Dakotas for 30+ years, went through 3 of them. Now wanting to replace the 3rd one, they stopped making them so, moved up to a half ton. Last 2 dakotas had the 4.7L V8. New 1500 has the 5.7 and guess what? the mileage is BETTER and exactly what the sticker said it would be. It tows my 5500 lb trailer with great ease, is quiet and smooth. The towing package is awesome (although I've love for those mirrors to fold when in park), I'm still getting used to the throttle response at slow speed, especially backing uphill with a load.. hard to do it smoothly. The rear camera is a blessing, the proximity sensors work perfectly. Carplay is amazing. The ONLY issue when i got it was the steering wheel heater doesn't work but I've been on the road and haven't had a chance to get it back to the dealer.
My wife complains that she needs a ladder to get in.. but she's blonde and hot so helping her in is fun :) no nerf bars for me, I think they're ugly.

rebel without a cause

Reaction score
So far only the mpg that the hemi gets. I had a twin turbo V6 in my Ford that got me 19-21 mpg's. This hemi is more like 14-16.

rcwash1

Reaction score
Well, coming from a 2014 Durango R/T I must say that the lack of a power steering wheel in the 2020 1500 Limited is a bummer. And the 12" just sucks sometimes. It makes no sense that this system gives an almost non existent ding to notify that a song in on. And if you missed the whisper ding, well you're SOL, you can't find it as in the 8.4. And on top of that, you're limited to 24 favs? Come on!!! Where's the update? Because these are not isolated complaints. No vehicle health reports, no dealer messages....
But, I would still but this truck again and again and again.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
So far only the mpg that the hemi gets. I had a twin turbo V6 in my Ford that got me 19-21 mpg's. This hemi is more like 14-16.
I bumped my tire pressure from 36 to 40 and have seen about a 2mpg improvement. Not suggesting you do the same, but so far I am pleased with the results, and the ride is largely unaffected. Maybe a teeny bit harder, but overall still very nice.

Toytruck

Reaction score
I bumped my tire pressure from 36 to 40 and have seen about a 2mpg improvement. Not suggesting you do the same, but so far I am pleased with the results, and the ride is largely unaffected. Maybe a teeny bit harder, but overall still very nice.

My sticker says 32psi so I bumped it to 36 to see if i get an improvement. Not enough miles yet to compare but Im thinking I should just go to 38

Users who are viewing this thread