5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tow package costing more and removing power mirrors and 360 view.

tloon

Reaction score
My Limited has that very same, very small light, tucked into the overhead console. And, it puts out just enough light to illuminate the center console. The post above this is referencing the same light in his laramie. It can be controlled (On/Off/Brightness) with the left dimmer switch dial. Bet you do have it, and it is turned off. Or your overhead console is defective.
I do have the light. It will only come on when I push the switch to operate the reading lights, ( pic attached ). It comes on with the reading lights and shuts off with the reading lights. On my '16 it would come on independently with the dash lights at night and stay on.

Attachments

• 20200201_084312.jpg
    20200201_084312.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 61

ProdigyDude

Reaction score
Really disappointed with the transmission. I get stutters when in stop and go traffic. At slow speeds it overall feels like ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do have the light. It will only come on when I push the switch to operate the reading lights, ( pic attached ). It comes on with the reading lights and shuts off with the reading lights. On my '16 it would come on independently with the dash lights at night and stay on.
Mine comes on with dash lights, people with bighorns report the same. If you have two thumb wheels that control lighting, the right one is for cluster and radio, the left one will control only that console light if you do not have any other ambient lighting, otherwise...it controls all of the cabs ambient lights. I could be completely wrong about your build, but it would be hard to comprehend why your truck would be different from every other truck I’ve read about here.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1580584210298.jpeg

Naturenut

Reaction score
a79cd2c6d5f5080057a42d39404ba8e7.jpg
Just one of the many problems that started only one month after buying it brand new a year ago and they so far won’t fix it.

Naturenut

Reaction score
The stereo will keep restarting like 5-6 times. Keeps freezing up. Garage door opener button (the one from the 3 programable buttons above) rarely works even though it says it’s transmitting. Sometimes the USB stick music will start skipping then I put it in other slot and it plays fine. Blue screen when backing up. My trucks a 2019 ram 1500 classic. Was told almost a year ago they didn’t know these issues were out there happening. And they would let me know when they get a fix....almost a year later and no fix!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And you are correct in that it turns on with the map lights when you press the “on” button. Please do also note...the left dimmer switch will not do anything (console light will remain off in all positions) unless your headlights are actually on, then it will give you control of the console light. Hope this finally helps you figure it out.

seanh69

Reaction score
Drivers side seat cover loose Back brakes squeak and head liner loose 22K miles
I like the truck but I wonder about long term 3 to 4 years

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really disappointed with the transmission. I get stutters when in stop and go traffic. At slow speeds it overall feels like ****.

Don't see where you list the details of your truck anywhere however that is definitely not normal and should be taken in for service.

Mine is so smooth you have to watch the RPM gauge to tell when it shifts during normal driving.

Pickering Ram

Reaction score
Pretty happy with mine so far, quiet on the highway, no wind noise, decent power.
One thing I would complain about is the controls seem inconsistent ie front and back sensors.

hutchman

Reaction score
What dissapoints me most? Nothing......after 1month, nothing. It is the best truck I've ever owned.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

The stereo will keep restarting like 5-6 times. Keeps freezing up. Garage door opener button (the one from the 3 programable buttons above) rarely works even though it says it’s transmitting. Sometimes the USB stick music will start skipping then I put it in other slot and it plays fine. Blue screen when backing up. My trucks a 2019 ram 1500 classic. Was told almost a year ago they didn’t know these issues were out there happening. And they would let me know when they get a fix....almost a year later and no fix!

Hi ProdigyDude & Naturenut,

I regret to hear of the troubles that you are currently experiencing. Please know that if you'd like to follow up with me via DM to provide further details of your current concerns, I would be happy to learn more to determine how to best assist at this point.

Mark
RamCares

SColang22

Reaction score
8.4" themes will not stay synced and it keeps reverting back the first theme in the display cluster but the 8.4" theme holds

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
8.4" themes will not stay synced and it keeps reverting back the first theme in the display cluster but the 8.4" theme holds
??? confused by the way your post actually reads, but I think I get what you're saying. Instrument cluster resets but 8.4" holds? If so, that has been frequently reported, but for some reason, my 12" and cluster holds. I cannot get it to revert on its own, and I actually want it to. I want the Red background on the buttons on my 12" display instead of the Limited Blue. But when I select Red, the Digital Speedo numerals change, and I do not like the design. I prefer the Limited numerals in the speedo display. Mine will not reset, so I live with the Limited Blue display. Distances remaining on the navigation page are difficult to read on the blue background because of the way it's shaded. But, they are very easy to read if the background is red.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
??? I think you meant 12" does not hold, frequently reported, but mine holds. I cannot get it to revert on its own, and I actually want it to. I want the Red background on the buttons on my 12" display instead of the Limited Blue. But when I select Red, the Digital Speedo numerals change, and I do not like the design. I prefer the Limited numerals in the speedo display. Mine will not reset, so I live with the Limited Blue display. Distances remaining on the navigation page are difficult to read on the blue background because of the way it's shaded. But, they are very easy to read if the background is red.
12” holds fine. There were lots of reports of 8.4” screens not holding, but I think that was corrected by update or TSB.

SColang22

Reaction score
??? confused by the way your post actually reads, but I think I get what you're saying. Instrument cluster resets but 8.4" holds? If so, that has been frequently reported, but for some reason, my 12" and cluster holds. I cannot get it to revert on its own, and I actually want it to. I want the Red background on the buttons on my 12" display instead of the Limited Blue. But when I select Red, the Digital Speedo numerals change, and I do not like the design. I prefer the Limited numerals in the speedo display. Mine will not reset, so I live with the Limited Blue display. Distances remaining on the navigation page are difficult to read on the blue background because of the way it's shaded. But, they are very easy to read if the background is red.
Yea I know it’s been reported but ramcare has stopped responding to it so I replied right after them hoping they would see it.

Users who are viewing this thread