5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

TwinSac

Reaction score
Love the truck but:
  1. Reverse light at night is really bad
  2. Lower MPG than I expected (<13MPG)
  3. Side mirrors bottom out in reverse (now useless function)
I haven't confirmed this yet, but I think my windshield has imperfections embedded into it. No matter how much I clean/polish the windshield it is constantly dirty. I drive to work into the morning sun and home into the setting sun.

aametzger

Reaction score
That's what I do as well. Auto parking brake is actually one of my favorite features on the truck. I live in the mountains and you have to use it. Problem is my memory is not that great these days and I would frequently drive off with it on in my last truck, and was constantly killing the parking brake. I don't/never have this problem with hand parking brakes, but I never remember the foot pedal ones. The fact that the truck does it for me (as well as the headlights, which I also leave on automatic) is freaking awesome. This is a good geriatric vehicle :D

I was wondering why the auto parking brake release didn't work the way you describe for me, I was getting intermittent results. Turns out that it only disengages the brake if you have your seatbelt fastened when you put it in gear. I was scratching my head about this and I was getting annoyed about having to continually release the brake manually, so I was thinking about turning the feature off. I was fiddling with it and it worked a few times when testing it in my garage after pulling in from driving (had seatbelt on). I put 2 and 2 together and realized you have to have your seatbelt on. Don't get me wrong, I do wear my seatbelt, but I usually buckle it as I'm backing out of my driveway, etc. I just thought I would share in case others were experiencing the same thing.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
ANC
I want to add an amp/sub like I have always done in my other vehicles, but don't want to deal with the headaches it will cause.

This is super easy to over-come, plenty of modules to by-pass it without cutting wires.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
I don't like that the truck wont go in gear when the drivers door is open. Society cant and shouldn't try to idiot proof everything.

I hate this! I was trying to back my trailer in with the door open and a foot on the running board to see how far back I was and it kept going out of gear. Anyone know how to defeat this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAMpage

Reaction score
#1 thing I dislike now is the fuel mileage. Not even close to the other 2019 Rebel I had and it seems to be getting worse.

Other issues like the poor AC, poor RAMBOX panel fitment, etc will all get fixed in due time but gas mileage might not. I know others have said it got better with time but that's never a certainty.

For my first 2019 Rebel the #1 issue was the water leak in the front driver's footwell. That's why that truck is now gone.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Spending close to a grand for a nav that I do not trust to the point that I take my Garmin motorcycle nav when I am going somewhere that I am unfamiliar with. If my wife is with me I use waze also. I have gone over the menu and to the best of my knowledge have the right categories checked. I will program known destinations to see how It takes me and it will take me off the highway and put me on local streets.

U

User_21361

I hate this! I was trying to back my trailer in with the door open and a foot on the running board to see how far back I was and it kept going out of gear. Anyone know how to defeat this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A while back, a celebrity was killed in his grand Cherokee because he left it in gear while getting his mail and a few weeks or months later an update was pushed. Agreed the functionality is very frustrating

Geobound

Reaction score
Spending close to a grand for a nav that I do not trust to the point that I take my Garmin motorcycle nav when I am going somewhere that I am unfamiliar with. If my wife is with me I use waze also. I have gone over the menu and to the best of my knowledge have the right categories checked. I will program known destinations to see how It takes me and it will take me off the highway and put me on local streets.

Try setting your Garmin to the same settings as your truck, and then see what happens. Perhaps you have the shortest distance entered (or fastest time) and that's why it takes you a different way.........mine will take me off of the highway during peak rush hour and put me on city streets if it thinks it's quicker?

Also if you have Sirius and the traffic setting turned on, then perhaps it is routing you a quicker way because it sees a slowdown that you don't?

PorBoy

Reaction score
Mine is that it’s always “ hunting “ for the right gear to be in.

d19r93

Reaction score
My major complaint is why they haven't fixed the front end A-Pillar leak when they've known about it for a long time. Otherwise I love my truck!

rah6887

Reaction score
This is super easy to over-come, plenty of modules to by-pass it without cutting wires.
Just spoke to a PAC tech support guy, he said if you hook up a LOC pre-ANC, like right behind the stereo, that it will have zero effect on the amp/sub.
He said most have issues with this because they tap into the rear speakers, via post ANC.
I don't believe it...

ncamaj

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment is the poor paint quality (orange peel) and the poor panel fitment (grill alignment, door gaps, etc.). I didn't really notice the paint quality and fitment issues until I had the truck for a couple weeks. If I had noticed them when I bought it; then I probably would not have bought it. I'm still frustrated by a couple mechanical things, but I really do love the ride and comfort of the truck.
Mine also have crazy orange peel everywhere also, its honestly a very big let down!

goose2

Reaction score
I have had 43 new trucks in my life so far. I buy one every year in August. I’m not bragging but more so telling you that I have had every brand of truck but Nissan. I’m far from brand loyal. What I will say is every manufacturer and every brand have there good points and bad. I rank these trucks as we speak considering the whole overall truck. GM trucks are my least favorite. I think they are the cheapest made. There interior looks the same in every vehicle in there line. Next is the Toyota Tundra. Great truck other than it hasn’t changed in 11 years so to speak and there mileage is horrible to say the least. #2 is Ford F-150. Very comfortable interior and quiet. I like the Ecoboost motors as they have great performance when driving around town. #1 Ram 1500. Pretty much like everything about it. Mine is a loaded truck with cloth seats. 12” display, air ride, Harman Kardon stereo, sun roof, off road pkg. goes on and on. Just like the Ram the best this year. Who knows, next year might be different.

Zinger

Reaction score
I hate the brake release.

It is counter-intuitive. I grew up with cars that had a foot pedal parking brake, and a release lever down on the lower left side of the dash that you PULLED to release. My last two cars have had a lever between the seats. How do you release it? You PULL up to take the pressure off the release button.

Now all the sudden you push to release? What's next, put the turn signal lever on the right side of the column, since the gear shift is no longer there?

I've lost count of how many times I've reached down and yanked the release and put it in gear only to have the noise and warning lights advising me that the parking brake is on.

Oh man, totally with you! Push to release defies all logic. I seriously would like to ask whoever made this decision what their logic was.

On topic, my biggest gripe is that the nav maps are way out of date. I just bought a Tomtom GPS unit for my motorcycle and it has recently updated maps. Tomtom is our map provider, so what the heck is with the complete lack of recent maps or updates?

silver billet

Reaction score
AC performance, fuel economy, no sport mode (like f-150 has) Sirius sound quality, paint quality, wanders around on hwy more than any truck I've ever had (yes I lowered tire psi) and no bed lights std.

I know it souds like a lot, but overall I still love the truck.

For sport mode, just get a sprint booster to remove the lag, then run around in tow haul mode. Works for me :)

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering why the auto parking brake release didn't work the way you describe for me, I was getting intermittent results. Turns out that it only disengages the brake if you have your seatbelt fastened when you put it in gear. I was scratching my head about this and I was getting annoyed about having to continually release the brake manually, so I was thinking about turning the feature off. I was fiddling with it and it worked a few times when testing it in my garage after pulling in from driving (had seatbelt on). I put 2 and 2 together and realized you have to have your seatbelt on. Don't get me wrong, I do wear my seatbelt, but I usually buckle it as I'm backing out of my driveway, etc. I just thought I would share in case others were experiencing the same thing.
Yeah, a minor annoyance but I hear you. Sometimes I move the truck around in the driveway and I feel like a doofus putting on the seatbelt to drive 50 feet. I've gotten used to pushing the button, though, when I don't feel like putting on the seatbelt.

Users who are viewing this thread