5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to use to get bugs off chrome?

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Okay I'm tired of spending over an hour cleaning off dead bugs on the front of my truck. What products are you guys using to help with this massacre?

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jax Wax bug remover is the best thing I've used.

But, Windex does an excellent job on chrome and it's easier to find.

Ronbhaines

Reaction score
Use spray-nine. After you get all the bugs off use a spray on wash and wax in a can. The more you use it the bugs will just wipe off. I use it on my truck car and bike.
4c48f01214a4749fb0c1c552b9408d38.jpg
d8a972e9de9f39691b53f2f580cf116c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Team_flatline

Reaction score
A wet Bounce dryer sheet (or similar) is the ticket you're looking for. (This from someone who lives in the love bug capital of the country) BTW, it will not harm or scratch any painted surfaces.

TX_Phil

Reaction score
Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover. I use the straw foam and it has worked great.

Someone said use a spray wax as a preventative measure . .. good idea. We get about a month or so with swarms of love bugs and I've used Pam cooking spray in the past to keep bugs from sticking. Made kind of a mess but worked well.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

TX_Phil

Reaction score
That sounds like it's worth a try !!

Was trying to quote the Bounce Dryer Sheet post.

Epic post failure. Still learning this tapatalk app.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I have used a ceramic detailing spray on my chrome as I did the rest of the truck but didn't last long. Living in South Louisiana mosquitos will be the death of me. I have done the wet dryer sheets in the past and that helped a little. Maybe a few coats of that wax spray for preventive measures is worth a shot.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover has worked better than anything I have tried. Dryer sheets never worked well for me, just leaves a mess. IMO

xspeedy

Reaction score
You probably have stuff around the house. Charcoal lighter fluid works well as a solvent for bugs and tar. Or try WD40.

Paulmg1986

Reaction score
They sell a scrubber in the shape of a fish it’s pretty stiff and doesn’t leave scratches it works well for removing bugs off my paint and chrome for me

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Superior Products Rage is amazing stuff for bugs and as a wheel cleaner. Buy it by the gallon from Oreillys and mix 3-4 parts water to concentrate and spray on, let sit for a minute, then power wash off.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Superior Products Rage is amazing stuff for bugs and as a wheel cleaner. Buy it by the gallon from Oreillys and mix 3-4 parts water to concentrate and spray on, let sit for a minute, then power wash off.

Definitely checking this out tomorrow. Thanks!

TX_Phil

Reaction score

Will have to try that.

I use Superior Products Formula 4 Spray Wax as a quick dry spray while washing the truck to help avoid water spots. 1 to 10 ratio and just mist it on as you go.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The better base protection the easier to remove bugs later...other than that make sure to let the cleaner soak as long as you can before physical removal.

If you used a harsh product to remove them you will need to re-apply your paint protection.

Users who are viewing this thread