5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What other Mods to do

Drewsky510

Reaction score
Pretty easy and inexpensive add on. You could probably tire into your existing lighting. I didn't have the bed group.
Would you be able to post which lights you bought? I like the look of yours a lot.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Figured id see if anyone has any good suggestions of others mods to do. What ive done so far is:

-Added OEM Stainless Wheel to Wheel Side Steps
-Changed the OEM 18" Wheels & Tires (Big Horn) to the OEM 20" Wheels & Tires
-Added K&N Air Filter
-Added Mufflex (DODNG24) Mellow Muffler
-Added Tonneau Roll Up Bed Cover
-Tinted Front Windows to 35% (Ceramic)
-Changed Headlight, Fog Light, High Beams, Reverse & Cargo Bed Bulbs to White LEDs
-Added Mopar Tailgate Damper
-Added Mopar Wheel Locks

Planning on adding:
-Cold Air Intake
-Mopar Bed Step

Definitely dont want:
-Wind Deflectors

Any other suggestions?
I am hesitant on which wind deflectors to go with... I prefer in-channel obviously due to the fact that any out-side mounting will hide the chrome trim around the door.. But My Main concern is the windows auto-pinch function being activated by the in-channel deflectors. When on highway going over speeds 60+ if i try and close windows they automatically retract back down.. any thoughts?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am hesitant on which wind deflectors to go with... I prefer in-channel obviously due to the fact that any out-side mounting will hide the chrome trim around the door.. But My Main concern is the windows auto-pinch function being activated by the in-channel deflectors. When on highway going over speeds 60+ if i try and close windows they automatically retract back down.. any thoughts?

Yeah thats the main reason I dont want them - I had them on a few other vehicles I owned and only found use for them when my father or brother smoked in the car in the rain lol.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah thats the main reason I dont want them - I had them on a few other vehicles I owned and only found use for them when my father or brother smoked in the car in the rain lol.
That's funny because I am smoker and usually invest in a set for that very reason... But with this vehicle it's #2 on the list. #1 reason for getting Deflectors is I hope they will eliminate The extremely horrible window buffeting the 5th gen rams generate.! I know everyone here and all other owners of laramines experience it. ( Im not sure if bighorns and rebels do but my guess is they do) But honestly in my opinion its absolutely the biggest design flaw with this truck. I like to drive with my driver side window down and I just can't because the buffeting is so intense. What the heck ram engineers?!?! Anyways I am waiting to see a post from someone who installs a specific deflector that claims it eliminates or at least reduces the wind buffeting of the 2019 ram.

RichT

Reaction score
I have the EGR Slimline Inchannel window visors.

They fit great, eliminate the wind buffeting and do not interfere with the window operation. They do need to break-in a bit, so better to install when warm out so they can flex easier and conform to the window. Window never auto-downed on me, but I did need to snug up the windows with the button the first day or two just to make sure they were closed tight. Couple days later and they are nice and tight first time with auto-up, never think about it any longer.

oh, and cracking the back window kills the buffeting too. My 99 pathfinder does the same thing.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Well coming from 10 years of diesel...the upgrade list is certainly short

Cosmetics and sound. Hardly any performance gain when it comes to $1/hp rates.

I look forward to seeing what you all decide.

Probably keep mine where it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^forsure and agree with that. Unless it was forced induction from factory. no huge, efficient gains can be made with out that large $ spent. I do/want alittle more hemi sound though. Slowly, smart and efficiently I will get there.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Pretty easy and inexpensive add on. You could probably tire into your existing lighting. I didn't have the bed group.
Can you send link to where you got this? I want to do this but with red bulbs, you think thats possible?

PAShaker

Reaction score
LOL! Had the same problem - I wanted it to sound like there was a Hemi under the hood but not be obnoxious. So I got it installed and then had her take a ride with me and she didnt know it was different until I told her. So its definitely a little louder (comparison would be what you hear around 3,500RPMs now youd hear around 2,000RPMs after install).

Slightly louder on a cold start too.
How are your finding the Mufflex for drone? Are you getting any? How about when the MDS kicks in and you go into 4 cyl mode. How does it sound then?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are your finding the Mufflex for drone? Are you getting any? How about when the MDS kicks in and you go into 4 cyl mode. How does it sound then?
Ending up taking it off and selling it to a member on here. I have the full Magnaflow Catback now.

The Mufflex sounded the same at all times - no drone. I just decided to go a little louder

Users who are viewing this thread