5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What other Mods to do

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Figured id see if anyone has any good suggestions of others mods to do. What ive done so far is:

-Added OEM Stainless Wheel to Wheel Side Steps
-Changed the OEM 18" Wheels & Tires (Big Horn) to the OEM 20" Wheels & Tires
-Added K&N Air Filter
-Added Mufflex (DODNG24) Mellow Muffler
-Added Tonneau Roll Up Bed Cover
-Tinted Front Windows to 35% (Ceramic)
-Changed Headlight, Fog Light, High Beams, Reverse & Cargo Bed Bulbs to White LEDs
-Added Mopar Tailgate Damper
-Added Mopar Wheel Locks

Planning on Adding:
-Cold Air Intake - Not Positive Which
-Mopar Bed Step
-Husky Under Seat Storage
-New Speakers? Maybe
-Flipping Tires to get rid of White Lettering
-Pulsar
-Possibly put full Magnaflow exhaust in place of just 24" Mufflex Muffler that I have now

May Remove:
OEM Stainless Side Steps - Not Positive if I like the way they look

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bed lights? They would be pretty handy with your tonneau cover at night.

Yeah I have the Bed Utility Group but it definitely does not light it up enough when the cover is on. Might have to look into that. Thanks for bringing it up

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bed lights? They would be pretty handy with your tonneau cover at night.

Pretty easy and inexpensive add on. You could probably tire into your existing lighting. I didn't have the bed group.

Attachments

• 20190120_134055.jpg
    20190120_134055.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 256

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious, on mufflex muffler. Bolts on well, fitment? Not to loud? Looking for info on a next move myself.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious, on mufflex muffler. Bolts on well, fitment? Not to loud? Looking for info on a next move myself.

Yeah as SupremeWill said the smaller the louder so I did the 24" which is a mellow tone - I like it seems loud enough for what I wanted

The scale is like this:
14" is aggressive rated a 9
18" is moderate rated a 7
24" is mellow rated a 4
Stock is a 2 for comparison

I didn't do the install myself - since I live only an hour and 15 mins from the actual Mufflex Shop I had them install it for $47.50 (25-30 mins) - rather than pay $25 for shipping and install myself to save $20 it wasnt worth it.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ 24 Little bit loader then stock I take it? Your thoughts? I’m after efficiency with little noise, just don’t wAnt to get complaints from the wife police

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ 24 Little bit loader then stock I take it? Your thoughts? I’m after efficiency with little noise, just don’t wAnt to get complaints from the wife police

LOL! Had the same problem - I wanted it to sound like there was a Hemi under the hood but not be obnoxious. So I got it installed and then had her take a ride with me and she didnt know it was different until I told her. So its definitely a little louder (comparison would be what you hear around 3,500RPMs now youd hear around 2,000RPMs after install).

Slightly louder on a cold start too.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Thank you, looks like I’ll go that route then. Appreciate your honest input

Dres79

Reaction score
Definitely want to do this - havent looked into it yet though - hard install or easy?
I haven’t done it myself. But my buddy did the pedal commander on his 18 and it’s literally plug and play.
From what I have seen online the pulsar is also plug and play just 3 bolts to deal with.
Neither is hard at all

pasteris71

Reaction score
Figured id see if anyone has any good suggestions of others mods to do. What ive done so far is:

-Added OEM Stainless Wheel to Wheel Side Steps
-Changed the OEM 18" Wheels & Tires (Big Horn) to the OEM 20" Wheels & Tires
-Added K&N Air Filter
-Added Mufflex (DODNG24) Mellow Muffler
-Added Tonneau Roll Up Bed Cover
-Tinted Front Windows to 35% (Ceramic)
-Changed Headlight, Fog Light, High Beams, Reverse & Cargo Bed Bulbs to White LEDs
-Added Mopar Tailgate Damper
-Added Mopar Wheel Locks

Planning on adding:
-Cold Air Intake
-Mopar Bed Step

Definitely dont want:
-Wind Deflectors

Any other suggestions?
87mm throttle body
Tuner

Users who are viewing this thread