5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Options are a rip-off...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I found a Limited in the lot that had exactly what I was looking for.
I love the pano roof, since I use it daily, so that was a must. Also had the 22” wheels which initially didn’t care for, but once I saw them in person I had to have.

I have anti-slip diff, which is another big one I like.

Did not want eTorque as I despise start/stop, and did not need the HK stereo, or off road package. I also wanted 360 camera so trucks with tow mirrors were removed from my search criteria.

Tonneau cover was included, which is a plus since I was prepared to do after market if needed. Not sure if all Limiteds include them, but a nice bonus.

Cheers,
Neurobit

Tropez

Reaction score
Yes, the bed utility group is a huge rip off. On RamBox models it appears that you get the bed divider with RamBox contrary to everything they printed so you're paying $495 for the rails and cleats.

Can anyone confirm this? I see the divider on the website when I use the configurator but I just thought it was a fluke. Does the Rambox option really include that divider?

Attachments

• 31669B69-6D63-4F9C-99C0-CC667F5EEB1F.png
    31669B69-6D63-4F9C-99C0-CC667F5EEB1F.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 51

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm this? I see the divider on the website when I use the configurator but I just thought it was a fluke. Does the Rambox option really include that divider?

It's not listed on any RAM literature/website but several on the forum have received it when just ordering RamBox.

detchargerfan

Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know that the bed lights are included with the Limited. It wasn't clear looking at the brochure. I was going to order the Bed Utility Group just for the LED lights. The tie down rails can be purchased later for half the price.

You might want to confirm that info. I was told by my dealer when I ordered my limited that it only came with the light at the top rear of the cab facing down in to the bed and you had to get the BUG to get the LEDs in the bed

DaYooper

Reaction score
You might want to confirm that info. I was told by my dealer when I ordered my limited that it only came with the light at the top rear of the cab facing down in to the bed and you had to get the BUG to get the LEDs in the bed
It's already been confirmed that the only thing extra you currently get on a Limited without the RamBox option is a $250 set of utility rails.

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
I vote The Bed Utility Group to be a bit of a bait and switch. I paid the $495 and just got the tie down rails. The limited already came with the LED lights. I was thinking it also came with the divider and bed step initially.

I am ordering my Limited next week and listed the Bed Utility Group (BUG) as one of my options. If LED lights come standard on the Limited, is it your understanding that the BUG option only adds tie-down hooks and cargo divider?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wheelhouse liners. Dont even have on a 50+ thousand dollar truck. Stupid $120 option.

Yes, I was critcizing Ford for not putting them on thier trucks, and then and then Ram goes and makes them a $120 option.

DaYooper

Reaction score
I am ordering my Limited next week and listed the Bed Utility Group (BUG) as one of my options. If LED lights come standard on the Limited, is it your understanding that the BUG option only adds tie-down hooks and cargo divider?
With or without the RamBox option?

jw38

Reaction score
I have a fully loaded Laramie Longhorn that I think is a fantastic truck, but with an MSRP of $66400, why doesn't it have a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel? My 2016 Laramie Longhorn had it.

john l.

Reaction score
I don
I have a fully loaded Laramie Longhorn that I think is a fantastic truck, but with an MSRP of $66400, why doesn't it have a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel? My 2016 Laramie Longhorn had it.
Manual tilt, telescope works well. Powering the steering wheel would add complexity, weight and cost- just like pwr windows!

FYI steering columns are a tough thing foir manufactures to source. Anyone can build a frame, fender or seat belts..

John

Reaction score
According to the Longhorn standard options, it DOES HAVE tilt/telescoping steering wheel!

John

jw38

Reaction score
I don

Manual tilt, telescope works well. Powering the steering wheel would add complexity, weight and cost- just like pwr windows!

FYI steering columns are a tough thing foir manufactures to source. Anyone can build a frame, fender or seat belts..
It works well, but why isn't it powered like my 2016 was? It certainly can't add more than 1-2lbs and the complexity is a moot point because it's available in a lot of vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread