5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Options are a rip-off...

John

Reaction score
How about $149 for "nitrogen filled tires!!". My dealer added that to in stock vehicles!

John

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
I'm searching for an inventory Limited with various options, RamBox and BUG among them. I found a couple of units equipped mostly the way I want the vehicle but without the BUG. From reading this thread, it looks like the LED bed lights and cargo divider are included in the Limited trim. Can the tie down anchors be added by the dealer or aftermarket?

SS2112

Reaction score
I’ve tried the rear defrost thinking the same as what you said. But my mirrors stayed fogged up every time for the entire ride home. To me mirror Heat is a pretty basic option considering my tow mirrors have other options like the light for the blind spot sensor and the puddle light when you open the door. Maybe it has heat but doesn’t work ? Guess I’ll be asking when I get it in for the first oil change.
Those of us with Bighorns, for whatever reason, don't have heated tow mirrors. If you look on your mirrors for the little heater symbol, you'll see it's missing. Apparently RAM doesn't consider $50k enough to warrant heated mirrors on the 2019 Bighorns! Now that's a ripoff!

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It works well, but why isn't it powered like my 2016 was? It certainly can't add more than 1-2lbs and the complexity is a moot point because it's available in a lot of vehicles.
I've had a power telescoping/tilting steering wheel fail. It sucks to repair out of warranty. I was actually relieved that my Limited was manually operated!

tcw3628

Reaction score
M
Those of us with Bighorns, for whatever reason, don't have heated tow mirrors. If you look on your mirrors for the little heater symbol, you'll see it's missing. Apparently RAM doesn't consider $50k enough to warrant heated mirrors on the 2019 Bighorns! Now that's a ripoff!
My build sheet has power heated mirrors. Guess I’ll have to double check when it arrives.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
M
My build sheet has power heated mirrors. Guess I’ll have to double check when it arrives.
If you have the Towing Package, you get non-heated manually folded mirrors. Even on the 65k Limited. Trucks with the 360° View cameras lose that feature as well.

tcw3628

Reaction score
If you have the Towing Package, you get non-heated manually folded mirrors. Even on the 65k Limited. Trucks with the 360° View cameras lose that feature as well.
No tow package for me. Found out about the tow package/mirror nonsense after my first order, but luckily had to reorder so was able to take that off.

James1414d

Reaction score
The dealership I bought from trys to automatically put a $399 paint/interior protection BS with each sale. Glad I caught it. I'll bet alot of people dont. I made them get rid of it.

rrlorentzen

Reaction score
The tow mirrors are a rip off to me. The option deleted my power heated electric folding mirrors for a basic set of tow mirrors that don’t have electric fold or heat. I didn’t order mine so didn’t really have a choice.

I am also not a fan of the manual fold tow mirrors, they look and feel cheap. I was so busy looking at everything else on the truck I didn't even notice how awful they are until I bought and put a few hundred miles on mine.

Bjansma

Reaction score
Yes, the bed utility group is a huge rip off. On RamBox models it appears that you get the bed divider with RamBox contrary to everything they printed so you're paying $495 for the rails and cleats.
it also comes with a spray in bedliner

Users who are viewing this thread