5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does the new Ram 1500, have to do with the Jeep brand.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What does the new Ram 1500, have to do with the Jeep brand.By Robert S. Miller

For the past several years, rumors have been swirling around the innerwebs about a modern day Grand Wagoneer coming to market. In 2017, the vehicle was finally confirmed by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne at his annual press conference at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. However, Marchionne dropped a bombshell saying that the Grand Wagoneer will be built alongside a Wagoneer model at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant. He also mentioned that both vehicles will be built as body-on-frame full-size SUVs.

Since then, many questions have been popping up on the internet since there isn’t any true black and white information about the two vehicles. Inside sources have given 5thGenRams.com the scoop on the future Jeep vehicles.

First off, we know that the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are codenamed the WS platform. The (WS) platform will be based on the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 (DT) platform. Both vehicles will share a vast number of components, powertrains as well as the same basic architecture. As for production, the WS launch will require the current Ram 1500 Quad Cab and Crew Cab (DS) models to end production at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Warren, Michigan. The new 2019 Ram 1500 (DT) model will only feature Quad Cab and Crew Cab models for the 2019 model as it launches at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Right up the road from Warren Truck.

Ram 1500 Crew Cab (DS) model being assembled at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant (FCA US Photo)The current (DS) Ram 1500 models will run a limited production run for the 2019 model year as Ram “Classic” models at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant. This will allow production of the new (DT) 1500 models to ramp up production, not allowing gaps in dealer inventory while the Ram brand switches models. After SHAP is brought up to speed, Warren Truck will end production of the (DS) model. The Warren Truck plant will go idle for short period of time. At that point the Warren Truck plant will get a much needed $1.1 Billion update to allow for the production of the new 2020 Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer (WS) models; as well as the next generation Ram HD pickups.

Stay tuned for tomorrow, as we dig deep inside of the new 2020 Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer.

https://5thgenrams.com/jeep-grand-wagoneer/

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ram/2020-ram-ramcharger-ar179677.amp.html

Interesting read. Gosh what I would do for a Ram Charger. Especially if it could be had in a Tradesman 2 door off road package.

Some good hints, but just a dream, or is it...5thgenrams.com will be the first to know I am sure.

Jeep Wagoneer will be cool, this to come out of left field would be great, but I know the insiders already said no way.
263a.png

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
And you know it is only a matter of time before some knucklehead demands, "When are you gonna Hellcat it?"<--- People like this guy.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Regarding the name, can't they just call it the Ram Charger? Yes, Dodge has a Charger, but Dodge is not Ram. Or, since it is a Sport Utility Vehicle, the Ram SportCharger. Or, since it is classified as a station wagon for insurance purposes, call it the Ram Wagon, but that might confuse it with the Ram Power Wagon. How about the Ram People Wagon?Hmmm . . .Seems like the perfect time to come up with a new name altogether.The Ram Jammer?Could go old school - Ram Chariot.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
What does the new Ram 1500, have to do with the Jeep brand.By Robert S. Miller

For the past several years, rumors have been swirling around the innerwebs about a modern day Grand Wagoneer coming to market. In 2017, the vehicle was finally confirmed by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne at his annual press conference at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. However, Marchionne dropped a bombshell saying that the Grand Wagoneer will be built alongside a Wagoneer model at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant. He also mentioned that both vehicles will be built as body-on-frame full-size SUVs.

Since then, many questions have been popping up on the internet since there isn’t any true black and white information about the two vehicles. Inside sources have given 5thGenRams.com the scoop on the future Jeep vehicles.

First off, we know that the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are codenamed the WS platform. The (WS) platform will be based on the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 (DT) platform. Both vehicles will share a vast number of components, powertrains as well as the same basic architecture. As for production, the WS launch will require the current Ram 1500 Quad Cab and Crew Cab (DS) models to end production at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Warren, Michigan. The new 2019 Ram 1500 (DT) model will only feature Quad Cab and Crew Cab models for the 2019 model as it launches at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Right up the road from Warren Truck.

Ram 1500 Crew Cab (DS) model being assembled at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant (FCA US Photo)The current (DS) Ram 1500 models will run a limited production run for the 2019 model year as Ram “Classic” models at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant. This will allow production of the new (DT) 1500 models to ramp up production, not allowing gaps in dealer inventory while the Ram brand switches models. After SHAP is brought up to speed, Warren Truck will end production of the (DS) model. The Warren Truck plant will go idle for short period of time. At that point the Warren Truck plant will get a much needed $1.1 Billion update to allow for the production of the new 2020 Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer (WS) models; as well as the next generation Ram HD pickups.

Stay tuned for tomorrow, as we dig deep inside of the new 2020 Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer.

https://5thgenrams.com/jeep-grand-wagoneer/
OR "vicy-versa?" . . . Wasn't it the boys at TFL telling us the Wrangler Truck (WT) will be "based on the DT Frame and also that the 2 Other Jeeps - - Wagoneer & Grand Wagoneer would also "share" some of the DT's underpinnings i.e.; in the form of the Quad (Wagoneer) & Crew (Grand Wagoneer) Dimensions -- competing with the Tahoe & (?) that extended Tahoe thing ?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The "Wrangler Truck" (JT) shares a rear suspension design with the Ram trucks but not the frame, JT will be a good bit smaller. Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer will be DT based though for sure.

D

Deleted member103

redriderbob said:
JT will be considered midsize
I wished they would of said they were gonna build that Jeep Safari edition they had at last years Arizona Event ! THAT I would of waited for THIS year !

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
I wished they would of said they were gonna build that Jeep Safari edition they had at last years Arizona Event ! THAT I would of waited for THIS year !
s-l1600.jpg

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I saw somewhere the claim that Marchionne did not rule out a price tag upwards of $140,000 for the Grand Wagoneer.

Wow.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, with news this will hit before the HD, which has been said to hit in January, I haven't seen any spyshot yet. Heck haven't seen anything.

I hope they are listening real hard to the issues people have had with the Ram...Cause as annoying as this is on a 60 thousand dollar truck...a $140000 Jeep with these issues may lead to some very angry people.

I know this is supposed to be a luxury vehicle, but I would hope the Wagoneer can be had in a cheaper version, although my money would be spent on the Durango BOF vehicle to be honest.

JT pickup has been seen in less and less camo...Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer must be torture testing hauling RamBox trucks in a mystical wonderland.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
So, with news this will hit before the HD, which has been said to hit in January, I haven't seen any spyshot yet. Heck haven't seen anything.

I hope they are listening real hard to the issues people have had with the Ram...Cause as annoying as this is on a 60 thousand dollar truck...a $140000 Jeep with these issues may lead to some very angry people.

I know this is supposed to be a luxury vehicle, but I would hope the Wagoneer can be had in a cheaper version, although my money would be spent on the Durango BOF vehicle to be honest.

JT pickup has been seen in less and less camo...Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer must be torture testing hauling RamBox trucks in a mystical wonderland.

A few things have changed the HD is going to drop first and these things won't get to 140k, think more like an Escalade competitor.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome. I really want to check it out, but doesn't interest me at all. There were alot of older Wagoneers at Carlisle.

20180714_120357.jpg
I would be interested in a new version of this...but 2 doors are the devil lol

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ram/2020-ram-ramcharger-ar179677.amp.html

Interesting read. Gosh what I would do for a Ram Charger. Especially if it could be had in a Tradesman 2 door off road package.

Some good hints, but just a dream, or is it...5thgenrams.com will be the first to know I am sure.

Jeep Wagoneer will be cool, this to come out of left field would be great, but I know the insiders already said no way.
263a.png
You can get a RamCharger in your new Ram... ;)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, gimmicks like that make me wonder if that is an eater egg to things to come...but I am sure it is just what it is a nod to the past

Users who are viewing this thread