5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone do for a living?

Chuck19

Reaction score
I am a container ship captain. I live in quebec city canada, so i take control of the ship when they get in our water area. People often don’t know that the captain of the ship is different depending on where it navigate.

So one pilot driving in the ocean. Another take the wheel when it arrives at the panama canal, and I take the wheel when it arrives in the st lawrence river !
That’s interesting, I did not know thats what is done. Learned something new today!

jeffauclair

Reaction score
That’s interesting, I did not know thats what is done. Learned something new today!
haha yes! people thinks the pilot leaves the china port and navigate all the way to the destination. each sea area have their difficulty and for instance where I am located we have high tide and need some technical knowledge.

You either get in an helicopter and drop down on the boat when in the ocean, or get with a pilot boat and switch.
Type ship pilot transfer on google or youtube to see how it’s done!

Chuck19

Reaction score
Wow
Work at Titleist Golf ..Research and development.
We should talk I am a golf enthusiast! Would be happy to give you some feedback on some Pro V’s if you want to ship me a couple boxes lol! I Started golfing when I was 17 when I started working in golf maintenance. Loved it so much I went to school and got my Turf Management degree and was an assistant at varying clubs for about 4 years until I worked my way up to superintendent and hung in there for 9 years! Got smarter as I got older so I took a job in golf sales and now I get to play a lot more golf than I did as a superintendent. Man I love chasing that little white ball around!

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good post, very interesting to see various types of employment.

I did 2 years college for mechanical technician tool and die making, between college I worked at Kidd Creek mine as a student where my dad worked. Then did my machinist apprenticeship at a small welding/machine shop. I got my machinist tradesman license on the last day of 1986.
Shortly after got hired as a machinist in the deepest base metal mine in the world Kidd Creek Mine now owned by Glencore (copper, zinc, silver) 9,600 ft deep, and now going deeper, exploring down to 11,400 deep. I have been there for 34 years, I’ve since also got my millwright tradesman licence and welding CWB tickets.
I have 13 months left to work before retiring.
Got my dream truck this past July and really enjoy it, a 2020 Rebel crew cab 3L Diesel, I plan on keeping it a long time, hopefully it will be as good as my previous 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9 Magnum extended cab and my 2011 5.7 Hemi crew cab Outdoorsman.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
I have a condo on ocean drive next to a firefighter place. Are you the one with the hollywood water tank? I am next to it at the beachclub!
No, that sounds like Broward, I work for Dade, mostly I'm at the Bal Harbor Station.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
when i was at school, they sent me in russia. crappy boat. the sound of the broken ice in the boat makes it like a war boat. first night of sleep was not easy. anyone living in toronto/ michigan? I can jump you in for a day ride this winter if interested

Craigg69

Reaction score
Wow

We should talk I am a golf enthusiast! Would be happy to give you some feedback on some Pro V’s if you want to ship me a couple boxes lol! I Started golfing when I was 17 when I started working in golf maintenance. Loved it so much I went to school and got my Turf Management degree and was an assistant at varying clubs for about 4 years until I worked my way up to superintendent and hung in there for 9 years! Got smarter as I got older so I took a job in golf sales and now I get to play a lot more golf than I did as a superintendent. Man I love chasing that little white ball around!
Its nice when I get to go product test and drink beers while getting paid..😁😁..New ProV1 and Vx coming out soon and working on New AVX Model right now

Users who are viewing this thread