5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think about the new F150?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Speaking of the lie flat seats - has anyone laid their Ram seats back all the way? In my Limited they already are lie flat. You have to flip up the back seats to get all the way down but that's a sleeper in my book.
I have laid the seats all the way back and it is nice the Ram seats go all the way down. Still not the most comfortable however because (its been awhile since I have checked it out) the bottom seat portion does not level out with the backrest completely like it does in the F150. Also, I believe your legs still hang off the edge? Is that the same on the F150 or do your legs have a platform?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good. Of course, I’d have to see it in person to really form an opinion. Does look a bit like a GMC to me, especially the front end.

I’m curious to see what the XLT, or other lower models looks like. The thing I like most about the RAM is that all of the models look good. My BigHorn blows away a Ford XLT or GMC SLE, etc..

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I was shocked it was so lame. A bunch of add on features, some only not the high-end models. While having a generator in the truck is nice, I doubt the price will also make it attractive. In 5 years, how easy will it be to replace it?

But no air springs. No rear coil spring suspension (there were leaked pictures of a Raptor rear coil suspension). I was expecting more. In the end, a few nice features but the Ram 1500 is the better truck and both the Ram and the Chevy/GMC have better diesel engines.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After looking at the Ford website it appears they still have the problem of only offering one interior color on the King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited. I think one reason you see so few F-150 Limited's now is due to the blue interior and they've kept that for the '21 with very light seating surfaces.
Ram's options for interior colors in the higher trims is still a major point for many.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A swing and a miss if they were trying to out-do Ram's interior.
I know not everyone likes the dial shifter but it seams like it would have allowed for a much simpler design with that table and you could let it down if you just want to move the truck. I know Ford has the dial sifter in the Expedition already.

smashweights

Reaction score
I liked the exterior of the F150 before just slightly more than the new RAM and I still like the 2021 exterior a bit more. The interior looks straight up ripped off from the RAM and still not quite as nice. The built in generator/plugs in the bed is a sick option but I don't think I'd need it. Folding gearshift is dumb, just make a knob or shift on the column.

Honestly they have no reason to aggressively change as much as RAM since they know they're brand will sell much better anyway based on history. This truck will still be #1 in sales.

Good looking truck. I'd have a much harder time choosing now than I did last winter.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After looking at the Ford website it appears they still have the problem of only offering one interior color on the King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited. I think one reason you see so few F-150 Limited's now is due to the blue interior and they've kept that for the '21 with very light seating surfaces.
Ram's options for interior colors in the higher trims is still a major point for many.
The blue interior was a short-term (2019) failure (although it would have looked good with a Blue Jeans exterior). The Limited was quickly refreshed for the 2020 MY to a light tan “Camelback” theme that has wider appeal.

Nevertheless, your point is valid; you only have one option if you want a Limited. Most high-end buyers expect more choice, not less.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know not everyone likes the dial shifter but it seams like it would have allowed for a much simpler design with that table and you could let it down if you just want to move the truck. I know Ford has the dial sifter in the Expedition already.

This along with the lack of 15.5" screen is the biggest disappointment.

Rebel714

Reaction score
I liked the truck, lots of interesting features. It seemed well thought out. I promptly bought my Rebel after I watched the release. I’ve had Ford trucks in the past and I always ran into some type of reliability issue.

PostPremium

Reaction score
It was a safe update. It looks good and isn't ugly. They won't lose any brand loyalists and will retain the top selling title for the foreseeable future. However, they won't likely win objective customers looking to buy based on interior fit and finish. Ram still stands a cut above the rest in that respect. It's shocking that Ford, Chevy, and GMC couldn't one-up Ram's interior with their latest updates. I mean, their updates came after Ram's. How can they not just look at Ram and then just make it better. Simple. It either wasn't their objective or they have incompetent designers. Either way it's telling.

rebel without a cause

Reaction score
Ford has definitely stepped up. The new F-150 is pretty nice, but is it worth the extra $. No offense to Ram and I love the Hemi, but the 3.5 Ecoboost is a great engine. Has the Hemi beat in every department (hp, tq, fuel mileage, towing). Fuel economy even with e-torque isn't close. The only thing the hemi has over Fords 3.5 EcoBoost is the sound that the hemi puts out and with a bora exhaust the 3.5 EcoBoost is almost there. Ram needs a better 6 cylinder or the ability to squeeze more mpg out of the hemi.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Ford has definitely stepped up. The new F-150 is pretty nice, but is it worth the extra $. No offense to Ram and I love the Hemi, but the 3.5 Ecoboost is a great engine. Has the Hemi beat in every department (hp, tq, fuel mileage, towing). Fuel economy even with e-torque isn't close. The only thing the hemi has over Fords 3.5 EcoBoost is the sound that the hemi puts out and with a bora exhaust the 3.5 EcoBoost is almost there. Ram needs a better 6 cylinder or the ability to squeeze more mpg out of the hemi.
I completely agree with this assessment. As much as I love my HEMI, it is best in all categories by the 3.5. I think the current HEMI is at its limits.

Stevenc150

Reaction score
... the 3.5 Ecoboost is a great engine. Has the Hemi beat in every department (hp, tq, fuel mileage, towing). Fuel economy even with e-torque isn't close. The only thing the hemi has over Fords 3.5 EcoBoost is the sound that the hemi puts out and with a bora exhaust the 3.5 EcoBoost is almost there. Ram needs a better 6 cylinder or the ability to squeeze more mpg out of the hemi.
:unsure: Do u mean the Rams Pentastar V6?? Or are u really comparing a V6 to a V8...

ktl5005

Reaction score
:unsure: Do u mean the Rams Pentastar V6?? Or are u really comparing a V6 to a V8...
He is because he is correct. The 3.5 Ecoboost has more power, more torque, much lower onset of peak torque, and better fuel mileage than the 5.7 HEMI. And then add in a cheap tune and you get another lik 60hp/80tq. The Ecoboost is better than the HEMI. Heck, a friend of mine just towed his 4K boat to Michigan for fishing, loaded Limited Ecoboost and he got 19mpg. Another friend went to MD, not towing, another Limited Ecoboost, average 24.5mpg. A HEMI will never touch that....

Users who are viewing this thread