5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you guys want to see or know about the 2019 Ram?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll be at the Vancouver International Autoshow tomorrow for opening day. I'm going to be recording video and hopefully doing a quick walk around of the truck if it's not too busy. Is there anything you guys want to see specifically? I'll do my best to make that happen and will be posting the video as soon as I get it edited and ready to go.

D

Deleted member103

ANYTHING BIG HORN RELATED . . . especially it it's not been seen yet ! For instance ANY interior Premium Cloth OTHER than BLACK or GREY . . . the darker BROWN (hint hint) seats and dash would suit me just perfect ! ! ! Then there is that Maximum STEEL Clear Coat !
AND OF COURSE A 4X4 OFF ROAD VERSION and I'll hope in my teleport device and be their in a jiffy to see in person ! ! !

Got All That Boss ? THANKS, of course that goes without saying, but sure is nice to get, right !?
263a.png

1f44d.png

ps; edit -- any "new" updates on the eTorque-V6 coming-out party time ? Rumors perhaps of "issues" with IT ?  

edit #2 -- just had an idea and don't know how to go about it so let me ask you here . . . I see we have some threads on the forthcoming JEEP Wagoneer, any chance you could start one for the - due in April 2019 - Jeep Wrangler TRUCK ?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
ANYTHING BIG HORN RELATED . . . especially it it's not been seen yet ! For instance ANY interior Premium Cloth OTHER than BLACK or GREY . . . the darker BROWN (hint hint) seats and dash would suit me just perfect ! ! ! Then there is that Maximum STEEL Clear Coat !
AND OF COURSE A 4X4 OFF ROAD VERSION and I'll hope in my teleport device and be their in a jiffy to see in person ! ! !

Got All That Boss ? THANKS, of course that goes without saying, but sure is nice to get, right !?
263a.png

1f44d.png

ps; edit -- any "new" updates on the eTorque-V6 coming-out party time ? Rumors perhaps of "issues" with IT ?  

edit #2 -- just had an idea and don't know how to go about it so let me ask you here . . . I see we have some threads on the forthcoming JEEP Wagoneer, any chance you could start one for the - due in April 2019 - Jeep Wrangler TRUCK ?
If they have any of that there I'll make sure to get a lot of content on it for you guys.

I haven't heard of any issues with the V6 eTorque, still on schedule for production in the summer of this year as far as I know.

Thats not a bad idea, I was thinking about creating a section for other FCA vehicles and after seeing you ask about it I just might do that.

DJ85

Reaction score
Still waiting to see a Laramie with the sport package. Mainly want to see the rims that come on it (the Ram website is never as good as a real world photo).

Chirp08

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see a picture of the spacing between the tire and upper a-arm on the various wheel sizes (18s, 20s, 22s) to get an idea if the DT will be as accommodating to wider/taller tires as the DS was. You can run a 305/55r20 without spacers on both the 8 and 9" rim currently.

An oddball one that is impossible to currently tell from pictures.. up close does it look possible to swap the Laramie Limited mesh style grille inserts in place of the horizontal bar inserts on a normal Laramie grille? It appears that the location of the vents in the Limited corresponds with the location of the bars that extend from the sides on the regular Laramie so it might work. Its hard to tell if the grille and its inserts are one piece.

Did they redesign the rear sliding window design/motor with something better? I and everyone I know has had issues with theirs.. cables moving around/popping up, the window getting held up, cables coming disconnected from the motor. It's a very clunky system on the DS, carried over from the 3rd gen that desperately needs updating.

lowell3170

lowell3170
Reaction score
I want a 2019 Ram Laramie with the Penastar V6, Leather Bucket seats and it was on the Spec sheet for a short time, But they pulled the V6 from the Laramie. So I looked at the Big Horn with the V6, but if you want Bucket Seats you have to take the Hemi and some other $$$$$$$$$ Options. Sorry Ram, I'm not buying any Ram with the Hemi. After I bought my 2013 Ram SLT with the V6, they sent me a Questioner on what I would like in Future Rams and I replied and they did make some changes in the Options with there models. Now I'm ready to buy and they seam to think that Special Models like the Canadian Only or Texas Only or Hemi Only are the way to go. I sure Hope they make some changes in my favor soon. After-all I'm the Consumer.

Brandon

Reaction score
If not already too late, I wouldn't mind seeing the gas cap. I'm just curious if it is one you push and it opens up or if it has a button inside to open it like the Cherokees.

Also if there is any option for the Laramie to have 22" wheels with chrome bumpers. It seems from the Build and Price on a Laramie, you have to have the colour matched bumpers for 22s.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member103

Brandon47 said:
If not already too late, I wouldn't mind seeing the gas cap. I'm just curious if it is one you push and it opens up or if it has a button inside to open it like the Cherokees.

Also if there is any option for the Laramie to have 22" wheels with chrome bumpers. It seems from the Build and Price on a Laramie, you have to have the colour matched bumpers for 22s.

Thanks.
My guess is the Button Release - for some security protection, though not fool proof, seeing as how there is NO gas Cap !

D

Deleted member103

SEEING AS HOW YOUR AT THIS POINT IN THE SHOW, ANY CLOSE UP PHOTOS OF THE BASE HEAD LIGHTS & TAIL LIGHTS - since that is what the Tradesman & Big Horn come with and the upgrade pile-ons make it ridiculous (don't want the Hemi) !

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Please find the damn subwoofer on the 9 speaker system if you can. I looked around briefly when i saw it at the DFW auto show but I couldn't seem to find it!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
if you get a chance, inspect the rear for any signs of the ramp option and also if there is any sign of the latch points for the multipurpose tailgate.

Any shots of the RamBox and cargo management.

Also, while I am thinking...is the ramcharger only available with the consule or is it also in the 6th seat fold down armrest?

Any shots of storage behind the rear seat in a crew cab (if the adjustable seat is available).

I am sure some of this can be seen already, but just what I would be looking at if I was viewing it.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member103

<h3>Just for giggles, any "hot" RAM-Girls dressed in "Patriot Blue" outfits pointing out the finer points of the product they are "showing" ? Heck it's a TFL thing, ya know ! Hey hey give the Old Guy a break !
263a.png

icon_lol.gif
. . .</h3>
<h3>Wow -
1f632.png

1f61c.png

1f617.png

263a.png

263a.png

263a.png
(hmm is that enough?)</h3>

Brandon

Reaction score
Those things would all be nice to see.

Also the battery is in the cab or something now? Maybe a shot of that or how you would get access to it. So many things
1f61b.png

RAM 4times

Reaction score
jared, if there's any one there who can give you a date when they think ivory tri-coat will be available to order on the limited. the only answers i get are late availabiilty. i thank you and enjoy.

D

Deleted member103

Jared, don't you dare enjoy yourself - there's too many questions, so many questions that need answers, yet so little time !
263a.png
!

But seriously . . . have a coke & hot dog (if not too expensive
icon_lol.gif
) and DO ENJOY
in-between photo shoots !
1f609.png

263a.png

1f44d.png

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
DSOOBY said:
Please find the damn subwoofer on the 9 speaker system if you can. I looked around briefly when i saw it at the DFW auto show but I couldn't seem to find it!
They say the subwoofer is now mounted on the back of the cab behind the seats....right next to the ETorque battery.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I'm here now, everyone is crowding these trucks so I don't know if I'll be able to get any quality video. Gas door is push to release on the door, upper a arm to tire spacing seems to be about an inch to an inch and a half, rear window seems a bit redesigned but I can't say whether it's a different style mechanism, all the batteries are unplugged on the trucks so I can't test anything electronic or drop the tailgate unfortunately. eTorque battery and subwoofer is behind the back seat.

D

Deleted member103

Jared, you know what they say ? They say that without pictures, it never happened ! Sorta in line with what happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas ! SO Much Envy .
263a.png

DSOOBY

Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
They say the subwoofer is now mounted on the back of the cab behind the seats....right next to the ETorque battery.
thanks! Much better utilization for the load floor space.

Users who are viewing this thread