5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you dislike about your gen5 truck?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. Drives me nuts that on the Big Horn, I have push button start and keyless entry, but no unlock buttons on the door handles. So, I still have to fish the keys out to unlock the dang door. I don't want leather, so I'm not paying for a Laramie just to get buttons on the handles. It's a half baked keyless entry.
2. Navigation volume resetting to retarded loud every time.

The buttons on the handles are to lock
To unlock, keys in your pocket, put your hand around the handle and in 1/2 second it unlocks. I think settings in console lets you choose what it unlocks (1 door or all)... this is the keyless entry

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
1. Drives me nuts that on the Big Horn, I have push button start and keyless entry, but no unlock buttons on the door handles. So, I still have to fish the keys out to unlock the dang door. I don't want leather, so I'm not paying for a Laramie just to get buttons on the handles. It's a half baked keyless entry.
2. Navigation volume resetting to retarded loud every time.
The seats in the Laramie are leather trimmed, not full leather. There really isn't much real leather in the Laramie. The main reason I bought a Laramie over a Big Horn was for the ventilated seats. And for me the ventilated seats work very well. If I could have gotten these seats in a Big Horn I would have bought one of those instead. But I can say the same for the Rebel.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The buttons on the handles are to lock
To unlock, keys in your pocket, put your hand around the handle and in 1/2 second it unlocks. I think settings in console lets you choose what it unlocks (1 door or all)... this is the keyless entry

This feature is on the bighorn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegaskeith

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Eco diesel 2WD Limited. I have 1,900 miles on it so far, all going well. On the seats, they should have them cooled like Range Rover and others. My RRS is cooled/ventlated and it really works on a hot day. Rotary shift is just different. I got 28 MPG on a road trip to Lake Tahoe, so mainly uphill. I have 22" wheels so the ride is better than expected, I suspect air bags have a lot to do with this.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Pretty sure that was an option you could have chosen. Should be standard but I guess they have to leave some stuff off the lower models.

tom318

Reaction score
This feature is on the bighorn?

In the states the bighorn does not have proximity key-less entry at all, no matter what options you select. Standard on Laramie trims and up, option on the Rebel. Bighorn has key-less push button start so i agree its a bit ridiculous they skipped the proximity entry on the big horn. On any vehicle in this price range, that should be included.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the states the bighorn does not have proximity key-less entry at all, no matter what options you select. Standard on Laramie trims and up, option on the Rebel. Bighorn has key-less push button start so i agree its a bit ridiculous they skipped the proximity entry on the big horn. On any vehicle in this price range, that should be included.

Yup. Just went to the site to check and it was not an option which is something to be upset about.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1) Poor a/c performance. My SRT Challenger will freeze me out in a matter of minutes, the Ram never gets cold enough period.
2) This Bighorn is the only vehicle I have that doesn't unlock when I grab the door handle - I have said things that probably make grandma turn in her grave lol
3) Halogen headlights?!?! It never even occurred to me that it wouldn't have LED until the first night I drove it.

All that said I really like this truck. Had my first Ram for 10 years and this one is leagues better

vegaskeith

Reaction score
If you look at comments above, and the little uptick in Laramie, it makes sense to get the Laramie, it has off the the features most need.

Axe

Reaction score
Im at week 2 of ownership and I still think the drivers seat sucks. Ive been wondering why my gf hasnt said anything - so I sat in the passenger seat and its a world of difference, so comfortable.
It feels like theres a hard wire in the side bolster facing the door on the drivers side, no wonder my butts been sore! I can feel it if I press my hand down on it hard, feels like theres something in there other than foam.
Im going to mention it to the dealer but Im of course expecting no results, Ill have to take it to a shop to get it refoamed I guess.
Drive a Ram 4500 bucket truck for work and while the ride is of course rougher the cloth seat is waaaaaaaay more comfortable. What a pisser.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me, there’s really only one thing, and it’s the overall quality and fit/finish of the exterior. Panel alignment is poor, and there are a few extremely unnoticeable yet extremely annoying paint and body work imperfections on the panels. I only find these when I’m detailing, so that’s a plus. Can’t speak to other truck manufactures as I’ve only had ram trucks, but my girlfriends 2019 Tiguan has beautiful paint and quality built bodywork, stinks to go back to my truck and see the issues with it

Duran

Reaction score
Thx! Yes sir I did... in fact I went all around. Next up are the rims and black exhaust tips!

View attachment 65843 View attachment 65844 View attachment 65845
Looks smokin. What year do you have. I tried to take of the front panel to get my grill off. After i removed the 10 mm bolt behind the fender flare i seen a rivet 2 of em and didnt wanna pull the panel out for the fear that those rivets connected the panel to the truck. And and pics of the process. I was gonna plati dip my grill black.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How tedious was the grill install?

Looks smokin. What year do you have. I tried to take of the front panel to get my grill off. After i removed the 10 mm bolt behind the fender flare i seen a rivet 2 of em and didnt wanna pull the panel out for the fear that those rivets connected the panel to the truck. And and pics of the process. I was gonna plati dip my grill black.

I’m sorry guys I totally misunderstood the question! What I meant was, I replaced the chrome R A M letters with OEM blacked out R A M letters. It was super easy, they pop right off. The grill was already black as my 2019 Bighorn came with the Sport appearance package (black grill and body color bumpers.) My apologies

Users who are viewing this thread