5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you dislike about your gen5 truck?

Rossum

Reaction score
If I had to do it over, I’d still buy the Ram with Air suspension.
I went to my local dealer today and drove two trucks; one with and one without air suspension. I can see where a person coming from a Lexus would like the air. But to me, it felt too detached from the road, and I actually preferred the steel. So I ordered a Laramie, exactly the way I want it, with steel. :)

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cheap plastic gears in the power folding mirrors. Dealer asked if they had been manually pushed in. Told them "no" ;-). You would think that a safety feature like this would be able to work properly without breaking.

Duran

Reaction score
I went to my local dealer today and drove two trucks; one with and one without air suspension. I can see where a person coming from a Lexus would like the air. But to me, it felt too detached from the road, and I actually preferred the steel. So I ordered a Laramie, exactly the way I want it, with steel. :)
Amen

Renegade3

Reaction score
This is minor but I hate the lack of shielding in the sunglasses holder. Take them out on a hot day and burn the hell out of yourself. Minor, I know....

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I felt the same way until I drove one that also had the Off-Road Group....love the combo. Added a Hellwig sway bar after the fact, too.

bvigne01

Reaction score
Curious: What don't you like about the ride quality with the air suspension?
It's just stiffer than my 4th gen and I feel like I'm leaning forward. I know all trucks have a rake to them but I've never noticed it when driving any other truck.

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Dealership got me a rental again, the parts are in so the pinion bearing and seal to be replaced, the windshield, something caused my active cruise control to fail on the way, and an odd idle issue that started on Monday. It will fluctuate between normal and maybe 300 rpm.
Picked a Jeep Wrangler, not that I would ever buy one, but there is a kid in me that had fun today in the Maui sun.

Attachments

• AE3D20C7-C2D9-4F98-81EF-8749B1B91566.jpeg
    AE3D20C7-C2D9-4F98-81EF-8749B1B91566.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 2A5491C6-293B-48D8-89EB-C68E14B8657B.jpeg
    2A5491C6-293B-48D8-89EB-C68E14B8657B.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 30

Users who are viewing this thread