5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you dislike about your gen5 truck?

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good thing I didn’t clean up my pictures folder lol just took off the ram chrome door badges last night. Here’s both though, with and without the ram chrome

That looks awesome! How easy/hard was it taking off the door RAM badges?

I just ordered a set of blacked out 1500 badges along with the red Hemi 5.7L decals. I think I will go the route of removing the RAM door badges eventually too.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks awesome! How easy/hard was it taking off the door RAM badges?

I just ordered a set of blacked out 1500 badges along with the red Hemi 5.7L decals. I think I will go the route of removing the RAM door badges eventually too.

No...was really easy. I ordered these two things to assist and they both worked great. Used to tools wedge into the adhesive and to pry the letters up. Just make sure to go slow so the letters done bend into the body. The thick adhesive was scraped off easy. Then I used the wheel eraser to get rid of anything that was left over.

d7d5e4628845ec095efe4181e3246fce.jpg

cf9208dab9c77b4570fc30ad2f6f32cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billfraley

Reaction score
Sport hood vents aren’t real :oops:

poor paint
charge over $200 for a bed step!
Poor oil filter location.

what is with the gold trim interior color

or the fake wood look on the center or doors?

I have the 4 corner air and why doesn’t it go to entry/exit when you put it in park (my grand Cherokee did)
Which trim level are you talking about? The Longhorn wood trim is real wood.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wish that FCA had done a better job with the turbo encabulator design. I’ve been wondering why it isnt working as it should. If you have any issues with yours, refer to this YT which might help. The 4thgen was rock solid...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wish that FCA had done a better job with the turbo encabulator design. I’ve been wondering why it isnt working as it should. If you have any issues with yours, refer to this YT which might help. The 4thgen was rock solid...

Wow...I haven't seen that since, like, high school. Awesome :)

COWBOY CADILLAC

Reaction score
For me it’s the oil filter location and wind noise in the cab. I’m a little disappointed that it’s not quieter inside while cruising on the freeway at 70mph plus. Under 70 it’s very quiet.

I have to comment on the number of people that have mentioned the mirrors not folding in and out automatically.All you have to do is push a button, c’mon guys.
What model do you have? My Limited doesn't have any wind noise at any speed. Actually it's almost too quiet, you can't here anything outside.

Axe

Reaction score
Im a week into my Big Horn experience (this is my 4th Ram) and so far the only thing is the cloth seats. Thats a big one though. Usually whenever I get a new vehicle my back hurts for about a week until I get used to the seats, so Im hoping thats the case here. Drove the 08 Tundra for the first time in a week yesterday and the cloth seats felt soooooo good!
Other then that, I love the truck!

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
l love everything about my truck, but if l had to select something.. it would be the A/C performance ...

I tend to agree with you strongly. Fantastic truck.

It would be nice if the truck could auto lock and it would be nice if you could get a locking gas cap.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you strongly. Fantastic truck.

It would be nice if the truck could auto lock and it would be nice if you could get a locking gas cap.
I'm assuming by auto lock you mean something other than the doors locking when you reach a certain speed?

Here's a locking gas cap option available from Geno's Garage, but at $60 you really gotta want it...

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm assuming by auto lock you mean something other than the doors locking when you reach a certain speed?

Here's a locking gas cap option available from Geno's Garage, but at $60 you really gotta want it...

Auto lock as in you exit the vehicle and it will lock itself after a certain time period that you can set.

Last I saw the locking gas caps fit only the gen4 trucks....so that is good they have an option now.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im a week into my Big Horn experience (this is my 4th Ram) and so far the only thing is the cloth seats. Thats a big one though. Usually whenever I get a new vehicle my back hurts for about a week until I get used to the seats, so Im hoping thats the case here. Drove the 08 Tundra for the first time in a week yesterday and the cloth seats felt soooooo good!
Other then that, I love the truck!

Axe,
We did a 3000 mile road trip in June and I gotta tell you, even after 10hr driving days we felt no discomfort. This truck, even with the cloth seats, has been the most comfortable ride I’ve ever owned. Methinks you’ll get used to them quick!

Reactions: Axe

milchuck

Reaction score
Truck came with tow mirrors and I never tow anything. They're too big, don't have the capability to power fold in and tow mirrors aren't equipped with the sensors to give you the 360 degree view on cam like the regular mirrors are. This would have been a dealbreaker for me if I had known before buying.

McBroom

Reaction score
1. Volume knob to close to Shift knob
2. Had to install a lip on tailgate so when people open tailgate, they don't scratch the paint. Can't police everybody, so now there is no contact with paint with the lip.
3. Had to do the AC hack, that is just crazy I had to do that to a 55K truck in 2019.
4. Steps in rear bumper like other trucks.
5. SRT 480 Hp engine option,
But I abosolutly love this truck and even with those little nags, I wouldn't drive a different one.

TRX incoming!!
#5??

Black 20 Ram

JDBob35a

Reaction score
#1 AC hack -Crazy that has to be done
#2 Cooling seats are not worth one red cent, never been able to tell they are on.
#3 12" Uconnect leaves a lot to be desired (NAV sucks, I use google maps on my phone still, always switching back to the CD even tho last source was Sirius)
#4 Doesn't unlock on approach with the fob in pocket
#5 No way to unlock the truck without the fob (Where's the keypad???)
#6 Oil filter and drain location...

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's interesting to look through these lists and see what people like or don't like. It's no wonder manufacturer's have such a hard time pleasing customers. There are several things that some would want that I wouldn't want. And I'm sure I'm not alone on that. I guess a good solution would be to at least have the options for the things that have been mentioned.

dandar

Reaction score
1) 12" Uconnect auto dimming when lights turn on is much too dark. Can barely see anything on it when it's dusk and not quite dark outside.
2) Steering wheel heater is uneven and some spots are cold where the rest of the steering wheel is hot. Also it's either hot or cold and sometimes it's just too hot to hold comfortably.
3) Vented seats are much too cold. Even on the lowest setting my back gets uncomfortably cold. That's in comparison to vented seats on Cadillac or Volvo which are perfect on the lowest or even medium setting.

Users who are viewing this thread