5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do we think of the new F150 interior?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Having owned two recent f150. Ford should focus on making a door handle that doesn’t freeze! And fix that awful IWE problem. This is why I switched back to ram. My experience with Ford was terrible! Frankly I don’t care what they do. I’m happy with my ram!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And the cooled seats too...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They've "leaked" pricing on the F150 over the weekend. They're gonna be over $80,000 for a Limited 4X4 hybrid with all the boxes checked. The King Ranch and Platinum I think end up in the low to mid 70's. They won't be cheap....
Nobody has accused them of being cheap :)

billfraley

Reaction score
Having owned two recent f150. Ford should focus on making a door handle that doesn’t freeze! And fix that awful IWE problem. This is why I switched back to ram. My experience with Ford was terrible! Frankly I don’t care what they do. I’m happy with my ram!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I owned new Ford vehicles from 1991 to 2018. The last two were aluminum F150s and the last one actually had the door handle cable snap(the same design that has freeze issues). Ford has lost control of quality in an effort to maintain their sales position.

The 2015 I had threw a rod at 23k. It was an EcoBoost. This was the first significant mechanical failure on any of the Ford products I bought new since 1991. The 2017 had the door handle issue and dual panel moonroof issue. I just lost faith in Ford from having so many problems in a relatively short time.

I am on my second Ram and I have not had a problem yet. The 2018 Ram was a Laramie and the 2020 is a Longhorn. The 2018 Ram interior was significantly nicer than the F150s. The 2020 Longhorn is in an entirely different league.

The new F150 doesn't even manage to fully catch up with Ram in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

FTRO

Reaction score
I was lucky I got my '06 F150 when I did.... that was the last year I liked the styling of the F150. Everything started to get boxier with more creases in the body design after that. (yes I flipped the pic so it would face the same direction)
truck 0041 (2).jpg
This is why I really like the new body style Ram came out with and why I ended up with my new 2020.
New Truck 7.jpg

The biggest sway to Ram for me was the interior....Does Ford really think this looks good in 2020? lol Seat designed by a 5yo?
ford seat.png

billfraley

Reaction score
I was lucky I got my '06 F150 when I did.... that was the last year I liked the styling of the F150. Everything started to get boxier with more creases in the body design after that. (yes I flipped the pic so it would face the same direction)
View attachment 63580
This is why I really like the new body style Ram came out with and why I ended up with my new 2020.
View attachment 63581

The biggest sway to Ram for me was the interior....Does Ford really think this looks good in 2020? lol Seat designed by a 5yo?
View attachment 63582
I loved my 07 F150 Flareside. Drove it over 100k miles and never went back to the dealer. Great truck for me. It did have the 4.6 and that was on purpose. Ford was in the middle of the 5.4 spark plug issue and I wanted to avoid that.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where's the PHEV version? Give me a 100-200 EV mile range hybrid truck with power export( like a whole home generator or jobsite power 15,000w+ ) and you can have my money. Having huge toque numbers is added benefit. Wont need a 7.3l powerstroke if i have 1200lbs of torque to get going and a small turbodiesel to run the genset to keep it moving and get 30+mpg.

Stop with the light shows and folding shifters and do some real engineering and beat Tesla to market and kill off GM.

FTRO

Reaction score
Ford was in the middle of the 5.4 spark plug issue and I wanted to avoid that.

Unfortunately I got to deal with those ceramic plugs more than I should have....
Ford mechanic snapped one off, drilled it out, stripped the threads, had to sleeve it... complete disaster.
I think in 14 years 3 or 4 got snapped off by different service dept.'s in two diff. states.

billfraley

Reaction score
Unfortunately I got to deal with those ceramic plugs more than I should have....
Ford mechanic snapped one off, drilled it out, stripped the threads, had to sleeve it... complete disaster.
I think in 14 years 3 or 4 got snapped off by different service dept.'s in two diff. states.
It was a crappy issue to have for sure.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
until someone comes out with a better transmission than the ZF and puts it in one of the competitor's, i could never drive any truck other than a ram. these trucks are such a pleasure to drive with this powertrain combo

I trust the powertrain bigtime.
A big V8 that was used in the Ram heavyduty trucks for a long time, mated to a ZF?
With 3.92 gears and a locker?

Pretty damn good if you ask me.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will withhold most judgement until I sit in a 2021.

I can tell you right now, I echo most of your guys' thoughts: I am glad I am in a Ram and like it better, and GMC has a long way to go to catch either Ford or Ram. Funny that no one has mentioned the Tundra or Titan interiors yet, which are also behind.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It’s much better than before. If they do this kind of update to the Super Duty lineup, I may need to look at them a little closer...
My exact thoughts, although an F150 will also do. I am really liking what I am seeing interior-wise.

billfraley

Reaction score
I will withhold most judgement until I sit in a 2021.

I can tell you right now, I echo most of your guys' thoughts: I am glad I am in a Ram and like it better, and GMC has a long way to go to catch either Ford or Ram. Funny that no one has mentioned the Tundra or Titan interiors yet, which are also behind.
We should keep this discussion to real trucks. Lol

antwon412

Reaction score
The Tundra and a Titan are “real” trucks just like the Ram/Chevy/Ford trucks.

Full size half tons. Just as capable. I had a first gen a Titan. It was every bit the equal of any other half ton.

billfraley

Reaction score
The Tundra and a Titan are “real” trucks just like the Ram/Chevy/Ford trucks.

Full size half tons. Just as capable. I had a first gen a Titan. It was every bit the equal of any other half ton.
Some people just don't have a sense of humor. They do ok as trucks. But they lag behind in most ways overall. It was a jab that really doesn't need to be defended.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Tundras and Titans do fine functionally as trucks. Toyota and Nissan just do not pour the amount of $$$ into them that Ford, GM, and Ram do to theirs to stay competitive in most aspects. The Nissans and Toyotas are kinda competitive about every 4-5 years, for 1 model year, after they do a refresh.

The Titans are cool in their own right, but just lack the interior quality of the Ford, Ram, and others. Its a shame they weren't able to take full advantage of that 5.0 Cummins V8 diesel, that sounded like a really neat engine. (Now discontinued.)

The Tundras look nice, but they still try to beat the "reliability" drum. Yes, if you use 5-10 year old technology, of course it will be more reliable than the under-5 year old stuff. I have a habit of getting into rants about how bad Toyota is, so I will just say one more thing... One thing that Toyota is doing, that is fantastic, is even their new base models are starting to come with a ton of safety technology. My brother-in-law just bought a base model Tacoma with very few options (tight budget), and he has automatic cruise and emergency braking. To get those on Rams/Fords/etc., you'd have to have at least a middle trim or higher, and pick/pay for the option as well. Even my Limited doesn't come with braking/auto cruise out of the gates, it has to be added as an option.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The Tundras and Titans do fine functionally as trucks. Toyota and Nissan just do not pour the amount of $$$ into them that Ford, GM, and Ram do to theirs to stay competitive in most aspects. The Nissans and Toyotas are kinda competitive about every 4-5 years, for 1 model year, after they do a refresh.

The Titans are cool in their own right, but just lack the interior quality of the Ford, Ram, and others. Its a shame they weren't able to take full advantage of that 5.0 Cummins V8 diesel, that sounded like a really neat engine. (Now discontinued.)

The Tundras look nice, but they still try to beat the "reliability" drum. Yes, if you use 5-10 year old technology, of course it will be more reliable than the under-5 year old stuff. I have a habit of getting into rants about how bad Toyota is, so I will just say one more thing... One thing that Toyota is doing, that is fantastic, is even their new base models are starting to come with a ton of safety technology. My brother-in-law just bought a base model Tacoma with very few options (tight budget), and he has automatic cruise and emergency braking. To get those on Rams/Fords/etc., you'd have to have at least a middle trim or higher, and pick/pay for the option as well. Even my Limited doesn't come with braking/auto cruise out of the gates, it has to be added as an option.
Yep. That is the reason we bought a Tacoma for our teenage son last year.
It's a base model crew cab, and has all the modern safety features that we were looking for. Great little truck.

50Front

Reaction score
The interior is better on the F150 but i still can't get past the silly side windows that dips down to show your knees. What's the point of this?

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

The Tundra has a 14 MPG combined with their V8...'nuff said. They are a solid 5 MPG behind their competitors. It is funny that the Tundra's upper interiors are better than GMs (while not being close to Ram or even the new 21 F150).

Users who are viewing this thread