5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do we think of the new F150 interior?

STR

Reaction score
^^^ This. Perhaps he meant bed (w/o RamBox) and not cab...

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the F-150. Would've bought one if they didn't charge more for the 5.0 over their crappy 2.7 Turbo engine lol. I like my Ram too though. As far as the new interior...I like it. Doesn't look too over complicated even though there is some serious flare going on. I'd prefer that over the 12 inch unconnect system honestly.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Yep, I still like Ferds but usually overpriced especially compared to RAM. Now resale will be the other side of the coin but my wife isn’t letting go of this one...
an insurance total would be the only way.

The ride yesterday on the 2.5 hour highway trip getting 21.8 average mpg’s on 87 octane was better than my 15’ F150 got on both areas...
I really did like everything else about the F-150, especially my Lariat that had all of the options added when I bought it used. Just got tired of throwing money at the IWE system with no fix. Finally had to just trade it in for a vehicle with warranty. Ram has come a long way with resale value, so I don't really see that being a huge issue. Mine is a lease so I'm not keeping it anyway beyond that.

hoodac78

Reaction score
Having owned two recent f150. Ford should focus on making a door handle that doesn’t freeze! And fix that awful IWE problem. This is why I switched back to ram. My experience with Ford was terrible! Frankly I don’t care what they do. I’m happy with my ram!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This right here 100% ^^^^^.......had to be the most annoying things I had to deal with in my Ford. I think I replaced the IWE's/hubs/vacuum system probably 5 or 6 times. The door handles repeatedly froze on me as well. There were times I would have to slam the door shut and lock it in order to be able to drive the truck to work. I had it in the shop for that issue I think 3 times. This is one of the reasons I decided to go with my Ram. Every truck has their issues no doubt, but it is so frustrating and a waste of time to make several trips to the service dept to have the same issue addressed over and over.

highgear2005

Reaction score
I can top that. My 2015 had the frozen door handles. Needed a bigger truck in 2018. traded for a crew cab. I was shocked that ford failed to fix the frozen handles in three years. After a year in the 2018 the IWE started to fail. After three trips to my local dealership. All I got was run around. IWE failed on I95 head to North Carolina. 400 plus miles driving,truck was vibrating bad enough to cause our legs to fall asleep. Luckily the dealership near the beach was able to fix it during my time there. Two months later it failed me for the last time. Funny thing after I traded it, I was at the local dealership with the wife’s car. I asked the service manager about ford 2018 IWE issues, he looked me in the eyes and told me “he doesn’t have any customers with that issue” but the ******* forgot my truck was there three times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhombus

Reaction score
having just added the passive entry, I'm all for adding niceties and such. But I have to be honest.......I still like shutting my own tailgate. It's one of the fews things left that remind me I'm driving a truck.

Users who are viewing this thread