5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you WITH your Ram this weekend

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many hunters using deer rounds in high power rifles don't humanely kill the deer as they don't get a critical hit first shot and have to track the deer. Every deer I have shot has dropped instantly with one shot. Only one required a follow up shot, but they weren't running anywhere.

And anyone baiting game in order to get a shot sure as hell doesn't care about ethicslly hunting. So don't try to give me that lecture.

How many of those deer were shot with a 9mm?

Hunting laws are made to protect wildlife from people that will use bad judgement. You say you would use a 9mm if legal. You do the deduction.

Baiting is illegal, I don’t do that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How many of those deer were shot with a 9mm?

Hunting laws are made to protect wildlife from people that will use bad judgement. You say you would use a 9mm if legal. You do the deduction.

Baiting is illegal, I don’t do that.
You call it a "food plot" to make it sound better. Baiting is baiting.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I killed two bears in the Northwoods of WI with my bow while hunting over bait. I challenge anyone to come up here and kill one by tracking or spot and stalk.

Never killed a deer over bait but don’t hold it against anybody that has where it’s legal. The true sign of bad sportsmanship is ridiculing others just because they do something different than you. Those are the people that will eventually kill the sport of hunting.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just as long as your are standing with baiting being ethical.

Food plots is not considered baiting deer in all states. This is mainly because it increases the overall health and reduces stress of does and fawns.

I grew up working on a farm and have been around farming and hunting my entire life. I am blessed and am fortunate to have many acres that I manage for trophy whitetails. I have friends that do the same.

Those that have the land, tractors, implements, and resources all plant food plots. I have never heard a hunter call a green field food plot “bait”. Neither does the Dept. Of Game and Fish.

We can only shoot 1 buck a year, and we limit that to 3.5 years or older. I personally won‘t shoot anything unless 4.5years or older now.

So, back to being ethical. I will explode a mature does heart, and turn half off it into a red mist as it blows out the back side with my high caliber rifle and feel really good about it as she drops in a green field 😮. She might not even get to swallow the corn because she is dead before she hits the ground.

I will feel good about it because me and my family will get to eat and enjoy that meat for a long time.

That is a WHOLE lot more ethical than shooting a deer with a 9 mm and it running off and gets eaten alive 1 week later by coyotes because it can no longer run.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Food plots is not considered baiting deer in all states. This is mainly because it increases the overall health and reduces stress of does and fawns.

I grew up working on a farm and have been around farming and hunting my entire life. I am blessed and am fortunate to have many acres that I manage for trophy whitetails. I have friends that do the same.

Those that have the land, tractors, implements, and resources all plant food plots. I have never heard a hunter call a green field food plot “bait”. Neither does the Dept. Of Game and Fish.

We can only shoot 1 buck a year, and we limit that to 3.5 years or older. I personally won‘t shoot anything unless 4.5years or older now.

So, back to being ethical. I will explode a mature does heart, and turn half off it into a red mist as it blows out the back side with my high caliber rifle and feel really good about it as she drops in a green field 😮. She might not even get to swallow the corn because she is dead before she hits the ground.

I will feel good about it because me and my family will get to eat and enjoy that meat for a long time.

That is a WHOLE lot more ethical than shooting a deer with a 9 mm and it running off and gets eaten alive 1 week later by coyotes because it can no longer run.
Potato/potatoe

You can have your opinion, I can have mine. You dont agree with 9mm to use for deer, I dont agree with baiting deer to attract them to your preferred hunting spot. And I definitely don't agree with you trying to call me out about ethics when you are doing questionable practices yourself

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In Michigan, growing a food plot for hunting, is illegal. It is baiting. Many still do. They are growing alfalfa to eat themselves.🤣

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In Michigan, growing a food plot for hunting, is illegal. It is baiting. Many still do. They are growing alfalfa to eat themselves.🤣
This is due to the concern of spreading CWD.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Potato/potatoe

You can have your opinion, I can have mine. You dont agree with 9mm to use for deer, I dont agree with baiting deer to attract them to your preferred hunting spot. And I definitely don't agree with you trying to call me out about ethics when you are doing questionable practices yourself

Green fields are not my preferred hunting spot.

I was minding my own business. Put a post out about using my Rams older bigger brother to get seed for the farm and being excited about the upcoming deer season.

Then, YOU CALLED ME OUT, questioning what kind of hunter I am if I “have to bait to bring them in”.

AND HSKR, you openly said you would like to use a 9mm to deer hunt with.

So, I’m doing “questionable practices”? I’m not doing anything unethical or illegal. You said would like to do something that is both unethical and illegal.

Your asking me not to call you out, then I suggest not calling me out first with your self righteous Bull $hit.

“questionable practices” … 😭

sbcncsu

Reaction score
Potato/potatoe

I hate that this thread was hijacked by a Staff Member into something that was totally off topic. I suggest we get back to RAMs doing work and put the peckers back in the pants and move on. I'd love the @admins to delete the irrelevant posts, they don't belong here.
Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread