5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you WITH your Ram this weekend

Av1

Reaction score
Nice truck! What size lift and tires do you have?
Thanks, I appreciate that.
I have a Readylift 3.5 SST kit without using the preload spacers. Bilstein 6112's front on clip 5 and 5160's in the rear.
The tires are 295/65r20 Ridge Grapplers.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Trip to O'Reilly to get parts and materials for repair of old Dakota.
View attachment 143071
When dealer says fuel tank vent is not available, some of us have other ideas. ;)
And BTW, Dorman exhaust flange stud kit makes pretty good tank strap bolts.
Research, replan, repurpose... :cool:
The vent/pressure regulator is available in aftermarket. I probably would have pulled the assembly and replaced the pump itslef while the tank was out.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate that.
I have a Readylift 3.5 SST kit without using the preload spacers. Bilstein 6112's front on clip 5 and 5160's in the rear.
The tires are 295/65r20 Ridge Grapplers.
I don’t mean to revive this but wanted to ask why you decided to use the ReadyLift parts along with the Bilsteins? Thinking of the same Bil setup just curious about the readylift part

Av1

Reaction score
I don’t mean to revive this but wanted to ask why you decided to use the ReadyLift parts along with the Bilsteins? Thinking of the same Bil setup just curious about the readylift part
I wanted to use the Bilstein 6112's in lieu of the stock struts because of the additional mass of the larger tires.

The Bilstein struts set to the #8 clip position would not provide quite enough lift for me. Also, I wanted the lift without the ride stiffness the #8 clip position may have due to its maxed-out preload. Using the Readylift tophat spacer from the SST kit and setting the 6112's to the #5 clip position allowed me to have the lift I wanted without a ton of spring preload. The ride is really nice this way.

I realize using a tophat spacer with the Bilstein struts is not the best thing to do. It could be an issue for some folks because it can overextend the down travel due to the extra overall strut assembly length. This could possibly be a problem for those doing more off roading that I'll be doing. However, my truck is a pavement princess and the most off roading it will be doing is mild desert trails. So, this set-up works perfectly for me.

The rest of the Readylift SST kit was installed for the 2" rear spring spacers and the upper control arms to correct geometry.

I hope that answered your question.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
I wanted to use the Bilstein 6112's in lieu of the stock struts because of the additional mass of the larger tires.

The Bilstein struts set to the #8 clip position would not provide quite enough lift for me. Also, I wanted the lift without the ride stiffness the #8 clip position may have due to its maxed-out preload. Using the Readylift tophat spacer from the SST kit and setting the 6112's to the #5 clip position allowed me to have the lift I wanted without a ton of spring preload. The ride is really nice this way.

I realize using a tophat spacer with the Bilstein struts is not the best thing to do. It could be an issue for some folks because it can overextend the down travel due to the extra overall strut assembly length. This could possibly be a problem for those doing more off roading that I'll be doing. However, my truck is a pavement princess and the most off roading it will be doing is mild desert trails. So, this set-up works perfectly for me.

The rest of the Readylift SST kit was installed for the 2" rear spring spacers and the upper control arms to correct geometry.

I hope that answered your question.
Thank you for the response!

Users who are viewing this thread