5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you WITH your Ram this weekend

Been chasing a drivers side clunk.
Lower ball joint and the sway bar link look OK.
Could be the lower control arm, ordered a "chassis ear" from amazon, should be here tomorrow.

With this available, I don't understand why so many still think the Chevy style step pockets in the bumper are so great
I believe GM is first with the bumper step, it's convenient & it works...
Does anyone know how long the patent period is to exclude others from making, using, or selling that bumper step style?
Yes, I am a former GM owner... 😏

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long the patent period is to exclude others from making, using, or selling that bumper step style?
I wish ram would have done the bumper step. Guess gm patented it

And the RAM retractable step is convenient, works, and is easier to use as a step because it's lower to the ground. Especially if you lift your truck at all. The bumper step isn't much lower than the actual tailgate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back