5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you WITH your Ram this weekend

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Averaged 9.8mpg. about 500 total miles. 150 of that with an empty trailer into a slight headwind. Actually got worse fuel mileage with an empty trailer. 2nd load was heavier than the first, it loaded better, so not as much squat

sbcncsu

Reaction score
Took the neighbor's boat out and did some fishing. Had a blast, caught some fish, no keepers but a lot of small ones and a few decent drum as well. The Back Country did great pulling the Carolina Skiff 21LS to and from the boat ramp.

20230709_111648.jpg

azzx

Reaction score
Towed my toy from my cabin in N AZ to Kanab/Bryce Canyon UT for a week of off-roading.
Edited for some towing data:
Can Am X3 and trailer weight: Approx. 5500#
Avg. mileage (400 miles each way) 80% two-lane backroads with many 6% uphills and, stiff headwind: 12 MPG
Avg. speed: 70 MPH - up to 90 MPH when "safely" passing semi-trucks and other folks towing stuff.

IMG20220626071726.jpg

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If Nebraska allowed it, I would use my 9mm Carbine for deer, but they don't allow pistol rounds for wild game hunting.

That was your comment on the scopes thread.
Obviously not taking 100yd+ shots with it. Would be no different than shotgun slug or muzzle loader for range. You probably have no issues with either of those for hunting.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Obviously not taking 100yd+ shots with it. Would be no different than shotgun slug or muzzle loader for range. You probably have no issues with either of those for hunting.

9mm is ridiculous for deer hunting. Anyone arguing that has no respect or regard for ethically and humanely killing a deer.

Some use shotgun where no rifles are allowed.

Muzzleloaders are fine.

Arguing that a 9mm is the same as shotgun or muzzleloader at range is also ridiculous.
ANY range ballistics along with terminal ballistics of 9mm, vs shotgun or muzzleloader is not even remotely close.

You said you would use 9mm if allowed in Nebraska.… and you are questioning what kind of hunter I am. They are not legal in Nebraska for a very good reason, stop people like you from using them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
9mm is ridiculous for deer hunting. Anyone arguing that has no respect or regard for ethically and humanely killing a deer.

Some use shotgun where no rifles are allowed.

Muzzleloaders are fine.

Arguing that a 9mm is the same as shotgun or muzzleloader at range is also ridiculous.
ANY range ballistics along with terminal ballistics of 9mm, vs shotgun or muzzleloader is not even remotely close.

You said you would use 9mm if allowed in Nebraska.… and you are questioning what kind of hunter I am. They are not legal in Nebraska for a very good reason, stop people like you from using them.
Many hunters using deer rounds in high power rifles don't humanely kill the deer as they don't get a critical hit first shot and have to track the deer. Every deer I have shot has dropped instantly with one shot. Only one required a follow up shot, but they weren't running anywhere.

And anyone baiting game in order to get a shot sure as hell doesn't care about ethicslly hunting. So don't try to give me that lecture.

Users who are viewing this thread