5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Today my Ram and I left Fairbanks behind and headed south to get on Denali Highway.
IMG_8468.jpg
Found this random pullout on Denali Highway with the view of Hess Mountain. Of course, I gotta stop for photos.
I mean, I did create ample distance between me and the 2 sprinter vans doing 35MPH through the high speed sections of the unpaved highway for me to mess around with the camera.
IMG_8513.jpg
I boogied the whole 70 miles or so to get to this spot that I picked.

As usual, more in my build thread.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The older I get, the more I embrace (touchless) drive-thru car washes.
I must be old. I’ve been using a great touchless car wash for about 20 years. I have a membership to one that they’ve grandfathered my price through many price increases. $30 per month CAD ( about $20 USD) unlimited washes (well not quite unlimited….1 Wash per day 30 max per month). Without a membership, it’s $15.95 for this top tier wash.
IMG_0292.jpeg It has a full undercarriage spray wash and side spinning sprayers on enter. Then 2 soap and soak cycles followed by a rinse with double passes at front and rear, next is a conditioner, then rinse, sealer coat, then rinse, carnuba wax, then rinse, and a final spot free rinse before the air dryers on exit. I hand dry any residual water droplets once done.
To me, that’s a “Smokin“ deal!
Oh….and did I forget to mention free vacuuming for the interior?

Last edited:

billfraley

Reaction score
Personally, I only de-badge what I don’t like. ie: Dealer tags.
Not a chance would I want anyone to think my Limited might be a Bighorn even for a second! LOL 😎.
(Not that I have anything against Bighorns or any other model)
I hate the way the Bighorn badge looks. It just doesn't look good to me. I would not put limited on the back of my truck, since it is not a Limited. I did install a Limited upper glove box, because the blackish wood is my favorite dash trim on the RAM. I have not yet figured out how I will cover the Limited logo on that.

I have added a vast majority of the Limited features when I swapped in the TRX interior. Memory seats, heated and ventilated, reclining rear, etc. My Bighorn was optioned with the Premium overhead console and the lighted tailgate handle from the factory as well. It has Auto 4WD and all the LED packages like the Laramie. I purchased it from dealer inventory. They gave me a crazy trade-in price on my Gladiator so I jumped on it before they changed their mind.

I put the sport badge on because my truck has the Sport Appearance package anyway.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate the way the Bighorn badge looks. It just doesn't look good to me. I would not put limited on the back of my truck, since it is not a Limited. I did install a Limited upper glove box, because the blackish wood is my favorite dash trim on the RAM. I have not yet figured out how I will cover the Limited logo on that.

I have added a vast majority of the Limited features when I swapped in the TRX interior. Memory seats, heated and ventilated, reclining rear, etc. My Bighorn was optioned with the Premium overhead console and the lighted tailgate handle from the factory as well. It has Auto 4WD and all the LED packages like the Laramie. I purchased it from dealer inventory. They gave me a crazy trade-in price on my Gladiator so I jumped on it before they changed their mind.

I put the sport badge on because my truck has the Sport Appearance package anyway.
I de-badged my 3500 Laramie Cummins when I had it before my 1500 Limited. Too much clutter for me.
Then, I took some of the badging and re-badged it spread out on the doors.
I liked the look!

IMG_2359.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did same thing, removed the Bighorn badge from my Built to Serve and added Built to Serve badge. But aos removed the 4x4 badge and left it off.

Users who are viewing this thread