5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

billfraley

Reaction score
So, for the last month or so I have been doing a TRX interior swap. I had everything working except the memory buttons. Well, today I solved that problem too. It was simply a matter of adding the can IHS connection to the seat connector on the drivers seat. Keep in mind that I also swapped the door harness with a Limited harness. I have memory mirrors on the way. I don't have any plans to swap out the adjustable pedals with the memory version though.

The easy exit function also works.

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like a female moose to me. They eat pond seaweed. I think caribou eat land greenery. A caribou doesn't have such a saddle back either. Over 97% of female caribou would also be growing antlers by August. Caribou tend to stay in land roaming packs, where moose tend to be more solitary. And this is extra special, since there are probably 100x more caribou than moose!

Awesome you got to see Denali!
thank you.
that is really useful information!

boogielander

Reaction score
Looks like a female moose to me. They eat pond seaweed. I think caribou eat land greenery. A caribou doesn't have such a saddle back either. Over 97% of female caribou would also be growing antlers by August. Caribou tend to stay in land roaming packs, where moose tend to be more solitary. And this is extra special, since there are probably 100x more caribou than moose!

IMG_7988.jpg
Caribou spotted!
I think LOL

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Somebody takes their hunting quite seriously! 👍

coralhuddle

Reaction score
Got set of new Bridgestone Dueler A/T Ascent 285/45R22 tires to replace the stock Goodyear Eagle racing slicks. So far they are excellent not to mention quiet on highway. Firestone dealer said I was the first customer to order this new tire...guess I'm the guinea pig
New Tires.JPG

billfraley

Reaction score
Today I finished taking care of some damage done to the TRX radio bezel, by the previous owner of this part. It appears there was some type of controller mounted on top of the bezel. I was originally going to try and patch the hole, but came up with this alternative:

The part came from a salvage company and I only paid $100 for it. You can see the hole that was drilled here:

IMG_2992.jpeg

So I took a rubber grommet and 12 volt usb adapter and hardwired it. I mounted it through the grommet and connected it to the existing 12v plug:

IMG_2994.jpeg

IMG_2995.jpeg

And here is the finished product:
IMG_2998.jpeg
I am happy with the outcome and I feel like I took a lemon and turned it into lemonade.

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. While I have seen photos of the knock off bed steps absolutely thrashed and covered in rust mine has been fine for 2+ years now. I use it all the time, but I also don’t let my guard down. I inspect it every so often just to make sure it’s good.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. While I have seen photos of the knock off bed steps absolutely thrashed and covered in rust mine has been fine for 2+ years now. I use it all the time, but I also don’t let my guard down. I inspect it every so often just to make sure it’s good.
I find you have to keep them clean and well greased up or they get stiff as hell..
They catch a lot of road debris like water, mud and snow being in line behind the rear tire.

boogielander

Reaction score
Today I finished taking care of some damage done to the TRX radio bezel, by the previous owner of this part. It appears there was some type of controller mounted on top of the bezel. I was originally going to try and patch the hole, but came up with this alternative:

The part came from a salvage company and I only paid $100 for it. You can see the hole that was drilled here:

View attachment 188462

So I took a rubber grommet and 12 volt usb adapter and hardwired it. I mounted it through the grommet and connected it to the existing 12v plug:

View attachment 188463

View attachment 188464

And here is the finished product:
View attachment 188465
I am happy with the outcome and I feel like I took a lemon and turned it into lemonade.
PO probably didn't know that rubber matt can be removed and drill under the matt lol

billfraley

Reaction score
PO probably didn't know that rubber matt can be removed and drill under the matt lol

Could be true. The top piece is separately replaceable, if I ever wanted to get rid of that hole. I just don’t think it would be worth the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boogielander

Reaction score
Could be true. The top piece is separately replaceable, if I ever wanted to get rid of that hole. I just don’t think it would be worth the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i didn't know that top piece is replacable lol
i just drill mine under the matt and put the matt back if i want to remove everything I've installed and sell the truck.
entirely "reversible" LOL

billfraley

Reaction score
i didn't know that top piece is replacable lol
i just drill mine under the matt and put the matt back if i want to remove everything I've installed and sell the truck.
entirely "reversible" LOL
Yeah, it’s called the bezel appliqué. It’s the entire piece you can see in the pictures, before I installed it back to the full bezel in the truck. It costs from $50 for the Bighorn to $350 for the real wood Limited version.

Definitely should have drilled the hole in the bottom.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s called the bezel appliqué. It’s the entire piece you can see in the pictures, before I installed it back to the full bezel in the truck. It costs from $50 for the Bighorn to $350 for the real wood Limited version.

Definitely should have drilled the hole in the bottom.
I don’t think any new owner would complain about having a USB power point there. Nice fix!

Users who are viewing this thread