5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
yesterday -
IMG_7546.jpg
My Ram and I went through Whittier Tunnel to get to Whittier, AK.
We visited Buckner Building (my build thread has a summarized version of its history)
IMG_7595.jpg

More on that later.
We drove through Whittier, and found a beach access parking lot. There, we saw bear for the first time in our lives.
IMG_7592.jpg
Buddy gone fishin' and enjoying his dinner.
Then, I moved on to Buckner Building, and managed to get scared by a second bear.
IMG_7595.jpg
I wanted a picture of the truck with the building, so I repositioned it after walking around and taking pictures of the building. I walked toward the position I chose, then I saw something that didn't belong in the corner of my eye.

IMG_7625.jpg
It was this guy. He scared the sh*t out of me, and I probably scared him too. It looked like a cub, but I wasn't sure. I froze, and slowly backed to the truck. Not wanting to miss this opportunity, I turned around, took a quick snap without looking, and backed to the truck. Buddy ran into the bush as I drove down the road approaching him.
IMG_7626.jpg
Risked my life to take this pic lol
Then, both my Ram and I stopped by the original campsite I chose on the other side of town. Campsite was nothing to write home about, just your standard city owned site on an empty lot. But the day-use area next to it though... that's different.
IMG_7650.jpg
IMG_7657.jpg
Beautiful spot for shots, especially with the puddles on the ground.

We got back to the tunnel just in time to get through it, and we found our 5th glacier this trip.
IMG_7685.jpg

as usual, full summarized story in my build thread.

Last edited:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yesterday -
My Ram and I went through Whittier Tunnel to get to Whittier, AK.
We visited Buckner Building (my build thread has a summarized version of its history)
View attachment 188335

More on that later.
We drove through Whittier, and found a beach access parking lot. There, we saw bear for the first time in our lives.
View attachment 188334
Buddy gone fishin' and enjoying his dinner.
Then, I moved on to Buckner Building, and managed to get scared by a second bear.

I wanted a picture of the truck with the building, so I repositioned it after walking around and taking pictures of the building. I walked toward the position I chose, then I saw something that didn't belong in the corner of my eye.

View attachment 188337
It was this guy. He scared the sh*t out of me, and I probably scared him too. It looked like a cub, but I wasn't sure. I froze, and slowly backed to the truck. Not wanting to miss this opportunity, I turned around, took a quick snap without looking, and backed to the truck. Buddy ran into the bush as I drove down the road approaching him.

Then, both my Ram and I stopped by the original campsite I chose on the other side of town. Campsite was nothing to write home about, just your standard city owned site on an empty lot. But the day-use area next to it though... that's different.
View attachment 188339
View attachment 188340
Beautiful spot for shots, especially with the puddles on the ground.

We got back to the tunnel just in time to get through it, and we found our 5th glacier this trip.
View attachment 188341
We lived in Northern BC for a while. Black bears were EVERYWHERE! In the fall when food is scarce in the woods, they move into the neighborhoods.

As much as they are more docile of the large bears, we still don't let the kids play outside by themselves from mid-august till winter.

boogielander

Reaction score
We lived in Northern BC for a while. Black bears were EVERYWHERE! In the fall when food is scarce in the woods, they move into the neighborhoods.

As much as they are more docile of the large bears, we still don't let the kids play outside by themselves from mid-august till winter.
oh yeah there was a family there just came back from fishing. The kid daughter told me there's a bear down there and I said that's the first bear in my life!
and the kid said "I've seen many before!"

okay, kiddo. have you seen real coyotes lol

boogielander

Reaction score
@boogielander , the chronicle of your journey is amazing and makes quite envious!! I hope to be able to do something similar some day. That would be a dream trip for sure!
thanks!
i figured i don't know what's gonna happen in the future so i dropped everything and went for it.

perks of being single no kids.

Users who are viewing this thread