5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

2021QCBH

Reaction score
It didn't take much to put the 5.9 into the 2nd Gen Lightning territory. Shoot, there was a Lightning running at my local track last weekend that was running slower times than the 99 Dakota R/T I just bought. Has headers, M1 intake manifold, ported throttle body and a tune.
I’d love to have another some day. Unfortunately everyone wants one now and they are going up in value. Honestly, since I’ve had one and I probably can’t afford the Viper I want I might look for a first gen SRT10 regular cab. Itch my scratch for a fast red Ram and a Viper.

I was raised on that though. Dad had a 79 lil red express and a red Shelby Dakota when I was a kid.

There were confirmed rumors back in the day that they did built two manual RTs. It was for one of the engineers on the project. He made them build him a 98 and a subsequent 03 for the final call.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d love to have another some day. Unfortunately everyone wants one now and they are going up in value. Honestly, since I’ve had one and I probably can’t afford the Viper I want I might look for a first gen SRT10 regular cab. Itch my scratch for a fast red Ram and a Viper.

I was raised on that though. Dad had a 79 lil red express and a red Shelby Dakota when I was a kid.

There were confirmed rumors back in the day that they did built two manual RTs. It was for one of the engineers on the project. He made them build him a 98 and a subsequent 03 for the final call.
I know if a few manual swapped ones, but never heard of any factory built ones. The SRT-10 Rams are ridiculous in prices. I have two Dak R/Ts. My 2000, that this engine/trans is going in, which is my track toy. And just picked up a 99 in May for $1500, 100% rust free, several mods already, brand new tires, some slight body damage from 180k miles of use, just didn't have a title, but I'm almost through the process to get a new title for it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh how I long for the day when I can go "pick up" a toy.

Damned kids and their incessant needs just keep sucking up all my pennies....
Yeah, been there for a while. Started a new job last December with a good pay increase which has helped. Plus my son graduated high school this year and has a full ride regents scholarship for college. My daughter and step-son graduate next year, and my daughter has my GI Bill to use

Users who are viewing this thread