5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Jedi9

Reaction score
The buggers! I got nailed the same way. Red light/Speed Cam.
Not just once, but again at another intersection 2 blocks further down the road.
Between the two, It wasn’t cheap!
Let’s just say, I didn’t buy any truck mods for a while!
I have a dash cam now that alerts me of upcoming camera setups.
I thought those were deemed illegal. they disappeared around here after a couple years, disappeared as quickly as they appeared.

billfraley

Reaction score
I thought those were deemed illegal. they disappeared around here after a couple years, disappeared as quickly as they appeared.
It is state by state. Here in GA they were deemed illegal (unconstitutional) and then brought back for school zones only.

stevieb92

Reaction score
I was able to gently stretch the OEM blanket over the bigger battery, but you do have to be very gentle. If you find a source for the larger blanket, please post up. 2500/3500?
I found two part numbers for an OEM battery blanket. 05033397AE and 68494324AA

It appears the 68494324AA is more expensive one, so maybe it's for an H8 battery? I'm not totally sure yet though.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is state by state. Here in GA they were deemed illegal (unconstitutional) and then brought back for school zones only.
We had one in floyd county that was notorious for giving false tickets. Was thankful to see that thing go. The school zones are annoying but I'm mostly okay with it at least.

billfraley

Reaction score
We had one in floyd county that was notorious for giving false tickets. Was thankful to see that thing go. The school zones are annoying but I'm mostly okay with it at least.
I am ok with the school zone cameras. Anyone speeding through a school zone deserves what they get.

Georgia law allows speed cameras to be used in school zones to issue speeding tickets to drivers who exceed the speed limit by at least 10 miles per hour. The cameras can be enforced during the school day, one hour before classes start, and one hour after classes end. They can also be used on days when schools are in session, but not on inclement weather days, school holidays, or digital learning days. Some cities, like Warner Robins, may also use the cameras during the summer when schools are hosting classes.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got one from NYC (never been there) for a car I didn't own, with NY plates. One character off from mine, but it looked similar, so they thought it was my plate apparently. I spent weeks calling and sending copies of my insurance cards to get out of a $100 ticket from a place I've never been. :LOL:

Tinscrew

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Bo-Bearski been thinking about your AC discharge line design and the gripe on the Dorman elbow fit - so I made a slight mod. Thanks for the inspiration.

2 ft of radiator hose and two zip ties. All in under $2.

5/8 ID was the perfect fit.

IMG_0962.jpeg
IMG_0964.jpeg
This picture above is zip tie #1 w/ slight hose bend towards rear.

Down below the discharge is right level with the bottom of the frame and zip tie #2

IMG_0966.jpeg

So far so good.

While the water wasn’t leaking inside, I did notice some dripping behind the passenger side heat shield and also dripping on the hot exhaust.

Bo-Bearski

Reaction score
Added Dee Zee tie downs in the factory locations near the cab x2, and 4ft black "L Track" tie down rails to the factory hole locations. Ditched the Dee Zee Rivet nut hardware, except for the rivet nut bearings and washers. They are 6 sided, shaped to fit factory holes, but not with a spray liner. Drilled factory holes with a 11/32 bit, tapped in black zinc 6mm rivet nuts in all the hole locations, set them with a boxed end ratcheting 10MM wrench & vise grip pliers. Sat back and enjoyed my accomplishment. Note: none of these are for extreme tie down pressures. The nut zerts are not that strong.

20240728_183232.jpg

20240728_191025.jpg

See other photos attached below​

Parts List:

Dee Zee DZ97913 Tie Down Kit RAM 2019+ from amazon

20x-uxcell M6 Rivet Nuts Carbon Steel Zinc-Plated from amazon

2x 2.5"x 6mm class 10.9 (grade 8 equivalent) bolts & 2x 10mm flange nuts from any hardware store

Attachments

• 20240728_191040.jpg
    20240728_191040.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240728_183824.jpg
    20240728_183824.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240728_183647.jpg
    20240728_183647.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240728_183512.jpg
    20240728_183512.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240728_183309.jpg
    20240728_183309.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 6

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got one from NYC (never been there) for a car I didn't own, with NY plates. One character off from mine, but it looked similar, so they thought it was my plate apparently. I spent weeks calling and sending copies of my insurance cards to get out of a $100 ticket from a place I've never been. :LOL:
Here was a local news story about old Iowa live se plates that were supposed to be destroyed showing up on vehicles in NYC and the old Iowa owners getting tickets. Even though the vehicle wasn't even close to the same as what the plate was registered to when it was even a valid plate.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today I thought I was going to have to make an appointment at the dealer. Truck started running bad at anything above 1/2 throttle and above 3k RPM. No power, and wouldn't shift. Almost seemed like it was hitting a traction control fuel cutoff. Had about 1/4 tank when I first started to notice a slight issue and it got worse as fuel level went down. On a hail Mary before calling dealer, I filled up the tank with some 93 from a station I use regularly, and truck started running better almost immediately. The last time I filled up, I filled up at a station I had sworn off before because they always looked like shady stations you'd get bad gas at. But they have been remodeling all the local ones, and they even got Top Tier designation. So figured I give them a try since they were cheapest option, and top tier. Guess that was a bad jdea. They are back in the do not use list.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today I thought I was going to have to make an appointment at the dealer. Truck started running bad at anything above 1/2 throttle and above 3k RPM. No power, and wouldn't shift. Almost seemed like it was hitting a traction control fuel cutoff. Had about 1/4 tank when I first started to notice a slight issue and it got worse as fuel level went down. On a hail Mary before calling dealer, I filled up the tank with some 93 from a station I use regularly, and truck started running better almost immediately. The last time I filled up, I filled up at a station I had sworn off before because they always looked like shady stations you'd get bad gas at. But they have been remodeling all the local ones, and they even got Top Tier designation. So figured I give them a try since they were cheapest option, and top tier. Guess that was a bad jdea. They are back in the do not use list.
Bad gas is the very likely culprit.

But what of your gas filter? Has that ever been changed?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bad gas is the very likely culprit.

But what of your gas filter? Has that ever been changed?
There should never be an occasion to need to change the the filter inside the fuel tank unless you are dumping dirt inside your fuel tank. Fuel pumps, at gas stations, all have filters on them that filter the fuel before going in your tank. Water in the fuel is your biggest concern from a gas station followed by just bad gas in general.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Added Dee Zee tie downs in the factory locations near the cab x2, and 4ft black "L Track" tie down rails to the factory hole locations. Ditched the Dee Zee Rivet nut hardware, except for the rivet nut bearings and washers. They are 6 sided, shaped to fit factory holes, but not with a spray liner. Drilled factory holes with a 11/32 bit, tapped in black zinc 6mm rivet nuts in all the hole locations, set them with a boxed end ratcheting 10MM wrench & vise grip pliers. Sat back and enjoyed my accomplishment. Note: none of these are for extreme tie down pressures. The nut zerts are not that strong.

View attachment 187159

View attachment 187166

See other photos attached below​

Parts List:

Dee Zee DZ97913 Tie Down Kit RAM 2019+ from amazon

20x-uxcell M6 Rivet Nuts Carbon Steel Zinc-Plated from amazon

2x 2.5"x 6mm class 10.9 (grade 8 equivalent) bolts & 2x 10mm flange nuts from any hardware store
What bedmat is that?

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There should never be an occasion to need to change the the filter inside the fuel tank unless you are dumping dirt inside your fuel tank. Fuel pumps, at gas stations, all have filters on them that filter the fuel before going in your tank. Water in the fuel is your biggest concern from a gas station followed by just bad gas in general.
Cool.

But don't you think it even a little odd that the bad gas only presented a problem at 1/4 tank?

Users who are viewing this thread