5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

stevieb92

Reaction score
Installed a 180 thermostat in my truck today. Easiest thermostat swap I’ve done in my life. Steady state highway driving coolant temps dropped about 20 degrees. Oil and trans temps dropped about 10-15 degrees as well. No codes or CEL. Did the same driving loop before and after in the same ambient temp (80F) and humidity (~50%). I’ll look into how to get the radiator fan to turn on sooner than factory setting. Super happy!

IMG_2884.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed a 180 thermostat in my truck today. Easiest thermostat swap I’ve done in my life. Steady state highway driving coolant temps dropped about 20 degrees. Oil and trans temps dropped about 10-15 degrees as well. No codes or CEL. Did the same driving loop before and after in the same ambient temp (80F) and humidity (~50%). I’ll look into how to get the radiator fan to turn on sooner than factory setting. Super happy!

View attachment 186977
Without a tune to make the most of the cooler engine temps, and ability to lower fan turn on temps, installing a 280 thermostat is kind of pointless. And you need a custom tune, meaning unlocked PCM, to adjust fan turn on temps.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not something I give two $%^@ about. :p

It was cheaper and better to swap the TRX interior than to reupholster my existing seats. My passenger seat was originally manual. Already sold the original seats and console so the whole thing cost me less than $800. I am picking up two front TRX door panels later this week. Still working on the rear door panel options.
well i was jokin cuz it was the easiest mod i've ever done on any truck and i got my start button for like $36... i had it before the truck got delivered and i pulled over halfway home, popped out the old one, unplugged it, plugged in the new one and snapped it in... zero tools... and like @1BADRAMLIMITED said, it would be a nice cherry on top of all that work you did/are doin... plus it adds like 300hp... its well documented on this thread by all of us scientists who have put one in. :ROFLMAO:😂

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Not today, but traded in the '21 1500 Laramie for a '24 2500 Big Horn. Needed something a bit beefier to pull the travel trailer. I had to forego some of the luxuries of the Laramie, but nothing I can't live without. Towed the TT on a 600 mile round trip from Phoenix up the white mountains and back this week, and the 2500 was SOOO much more comfortable while towing!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not today, but traded in the '21 1500 Laramie for a '24 2500 Big Horn. Needed something a bit beefier to pull the travel trailer. I had to forego some of the luxuries of the Laramie, but nothing I can't live without. Towed the TT on a 600 mile round trip from Phoenix up the white mountains and back this week, and the 2500 was SOOO much more comfortable while towing!
Congrats!

stevieb92

Reaction score
Today’s mod is an Odyssey H8 AGM battery. There is nothing wrong with my OEM battery but after reading countless threads with battery issues in newer trucks I thought I would make the swap before it bites me. Taking that little plastic spacer nub out of the bottom of the tray is all it takes to fit an H8 in place of the H7. I’ll get a new insulation wrap in the near future for the H8.

IMG_2888.jpeg

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Backflip MX4 installed. No longer labeled with the Backflip brand any longer. Says RealTruck on them now. It is the MX4 as it folds to the cab, looks like they are just placing their name on them now. Was missing the connectors for the drains so waiting on them to send those out so the hoses can be installed.
Real truck buying everything…

stevieb92

Reaction score
Today’s second mod is a Bakflip Revolver X4S from Real Truck. Install went smooth and it lined up really nice without any fuss. Super easy to install and feels pretty secure to boot! Really happy with the purchase! Thanks @Realtruck!!!

IMG_2890.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread