5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not for the faint of heart. I have the go rhino light bar. After 1 1/2 yrs the rivnuts failed, this is to to mounting the light bar on top of the plastic rail covers. We cut out top of bed rail and welded in 1/8 plate strip steel with 1/2 nuts welded on. Its not moving now!!!

Wow! Lokks good tho, solid. What light bar is that? How's the setup for it?

donkusmaximus

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Scott. I'm new to this forum and just recently got my 2023 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition within the last month so let me catch up what I've done to this truck since I got it. (FWIW, my previous truck was a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 6.7L Cummins which I had for the past 7 years)

Here's what I've done to my 2023 Ram 1500 in the past month (July 2024):
  • TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover
  • Elite Car Box 3.0 Video Streamer
  • Banks PedalMonster Throttle Controller
  • VIOFO A119 Mini 2 Dashcam, hardwired
  • Lock'er Down EXxtreme LD2078EX Console Safe
  • Apple AirTag :)
  • Tile Pro Tracker :)
  • Mopar OEM Bed Step
  • Moper OEM Front License Plate Bracket (Texas requires front plates, grrrrr)
I have a few more things I plan to add:
  • Z Automotive Tazer DT
  • JW2Innovations Kill Switch
  • DIY Under Seat Storage for Rear Seats
  • Mopar OEM Trailer Brake Controller
  • Mopar OEM Bed Utility Rails
Ranch Hand Legend Deer/Grille Guard, maybe... I had a Ranch Hand Legend Deer/Grille Guard on my old Dodge Ram 3500. Living in rural Texas with tons of suicidal deer running around, 99% of the trucks out here have deer guards and probably 99% of them are Ranch Hand deer guards (Ranch Hand is made in Shiner, TX). Very solid heavy duty deer guard. I haven't decided yet if I want one on my Ram 1500 but if I do it will be another Ranch Hand Legend deer/grille guard.

Last edited:

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We did that a few nights ago too....ish.... for the same reason .

View attachment 186924

Well, i slept in my ram last night.
power went out and the house was still scorching hot at midnight. no power means i can't even run fan to pull cold air from outside in. And I was too cheap to get a hotel room for a few hours of sleep.
View attachment 186923
Went to bed at 3AM, by 7AM inside the tent was getting hot LOL
To be fair I could've open the windows but I don't want my neighbor to see me in my boxers snoring in the tent in the morning. that would be a traumatic sight for the 70 years old couple.
Time to invest in a generator and a portable a/c unit for the bedroom for emergencies like this.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd rather spend the night in a hotel. Better yet, just get a whole home generator.

View attachment 186948

I hear the AC and hotel argument.

But I'm all about collecting these memories while the kids are young enough to want to be around me.

Plus, it's little things like these that could help decide how nice a nursing home I get.

Tinscrew

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, i slept in my ram last night.
power went out and the house was still scorching hot at midnight. no power means i can't even run fan to pull cold air from outside in. And I was too cheap to get a hotel room for a few hours of sleep.
View attachment 186923
Went to bed at 3AM, by 7AM inside the tent was getting hot LOL
To be fair I could've open the windows but I don't want my neighbor to see me in my boxers snoring in the tent in the morning. that would be a traumatic sight for the 70 years old couple.

It's an electrical conspiracy! First @HSKR R/T, then @boogielander & @JamRam...

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We did that a few nights ago too....ish.... for the same reason .

View attachment 186924

Weird… must be that time of year.
c5db808dca22d18dc8b7c5ad0a083744.jpg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd rather spend the night in a hotel. Better yet, just get a whole home generator.

View attachment 186948
I almost pulled the trigger on one but I could not justify 16k to use every once in a while. I’ve been pleased with my generator and transfer switch. I Had to use it last year for 16 hrs and didn’t skip a beat. Also has duel fuel so that’s a plus and a remote start(battery)

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Time to invest in a generator and a portable a/c unit for the bedroom for emergencies like this.
i do have a portable AC and solar generator (that's what I run inside the truck. 3000wh of capacity) and that's how i keep my fridge running 24/7.
I plug it in every 2 days in summer and it just happen that the day power went was the day I left it unplugged.
I'm also in the process of adding solar for the truck so I don't have to plug it in as often lol

just wasn't a good day for it to happen lol

View attachment 186948
not my house so im not worrying lol but when i move out to my own land i'm gonna have on for the house and the garage/ shop.
i do get employee pricing at the hotel i used to part time at (half off) but im not about to deal with morning traffic going to the shop. (the hotel is about 20 miles away with traffic, which means I gotta leave house around the same time I woke up in the tent that morning )

at least i got to practice overlanding before the trip next weekend LOL

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on one but I could not justify 16k to use every once in a while. I’ve been pleased with my generator and transfer switch. I Had to use it last year for 16 hrs and didn’t skip a beat. Also has duel fuel so that’s a plus and a remote start(battery)
I thought about getting the whole house generator, but as you said for the few times I would use it not sure it's worth the money. I have a Honda 2000 I run for the fridge, a few lights, and TV for short power failures. If I need more I have a 5500w I back feed into house through the welding rec in my shop (manual transfer switch, me). With the 5500w I can run everything I need except the electric water heater, stove, and central a/c.

Users who are viewing this thread